Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking for a mod that allows me to disable the ability of Endermen to pick up blocks.

There's roughly a hundred of those around, but all of them have one of the following problems:
- Made for only one version and never updated (which covers about 80% of all of them)
- Bukkit plugin only
- Hackish base class modifying jar mod that doesn't work with Forge
- Adds a million features and items that I don't want

I know I can always do /gamerule mobGriefing False, but that would turn off creeper explosions, Enderdragon and Wither destruction effects, silverfish nests and so on and I'd prefer to keep them. So in case anyone knows a really simple and up to date (1.6.4) little mod that just turns off that darn inbuilt griefing function in Endermen, I'd be eternally grateful!

Reactions: un worry

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
How do you put a pipe plug on a connection that is already made? I have chest over insertion pipe over chest, with insertion pipes running from left to right, and more chests. I want to place pipe plugs on top of the insertion pipes so they are only connected to the bottom chests. Problem is I don't want to break the chests above just to put the plug on, then put the chest back.
Think the insertion pipe is advanced buildcraft objects (ResonantRise1.6.4). It's made with iron pipe and cactus green. And actually it's barrels, not chests, but does that matter?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Buildcraft gained the ability to do this (and other pipe handling convenience things) in version 4.1.1. If the Buildcraft version included in RR is lower than that - sorry, you'll have to break those chests to plug the pipes.

Unless, of course, you have a portal or gravity gun. Unsure if that's in the pack.

And if you have Redstone In Motion you might be able to move the chest one space to the side temporarily with a frame motor, if you happen to have enough space to set it up.

Also, can't DartCraft do something funny with its force wrench that picks up entire tile entities with all they contain?

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
ATLauncher page says it's buildcraft is 4.1.2, but I may not be on the latest version. But Gravity/Portal gun is a nice workaround til I can get the latest/appropriate Buildcraft. Thanks. (haha I ain't touching the Force Wrench =D , but good idea)

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Do the different "tiers" of spell crafting altar matter in AM2?

What does he have above the spawners? Are they blocked? Vanilla spawners check an 8x8x3 area around the spawner. With the spawner in the bottom of that 3x3 area. You also need to account for the size as well. From the pic I would say that he has blocked all of the possible spawn locations.

Thanks! Moved the spawners to the floor of the chamber and now it's vomiting up mobs like there's no tomorrow.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Do the different "tiers" of spell crafting altar matter in AM2?

Thanks! Moved the spawners to the floor of the chamber and now it's vomiting up mobs like there's no tomorrow.
Very much so yes. Each structure material and capstone material provides you with an upper limit of spell construction blocks you're allowed to use. If you go over said amount, be prepared for some explosions. The in-game AM2 book talks about how much each material provides in the section about the crafting altar.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Doing some bee breeding atm, but run into something weird. I'm using an alveary with 8 frame housings with soulframes. It used to work fine, I was getting mutations almost guaranteed. But the last several bees I have been breeding have been painfully slow going. I even added a mutator with Uranium along with the soul frames, but still it takes 10-20 tries to get a mutation, and then its only a partially mutation.
I just don't get it, not counting DR on the frames it should have a mutation multiplier of 250+. Even with the 2% breeding chance bees I should be getting more regular mutations. Anyone got an idea what's going on? Am I doing something wrong here?

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some bug that makes IC2 luminators turn purple? Ive used 2 different computers, and had this problem 5 months ago on an older version of ic2, and it still does it now on a different computer with a newer version. Are they jsut bugged?

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Doing some bee breeding atm, but run into something weird. I'm using an alveary with 8 frame housings with soulframes. It used to work fine, I was getting mutations almost guaranteed. But the last several bees I have been breeding have been painfully slow going. I even added a mutator with Uranium along with the soul frames, but still it takes 10-20 tries to get a mutation, and then its only a partially mutation.
I just don't get it, not counting DR on the frames it should have a mutation multiplier of 250+. Even with the 2% breeding chance bees I should be getting more regular mutations. Anyone got an idea what's going on? Am I doing something wrong here?
Which version of MC are you talking about? MC 1.5.2? The Extra Bees version for that aggressively caps the mutation bonus when soul frames are involved at *5. Remove them and use only the uranium filled mutator block. This should boost your mutation chance by the maximum safe value of *10. Anything above that has a chance to result in a swarmer princess.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Which version of MC are you talking about? MC 1.5.2? The Extra Bees version for that aggressively caps the mutation bonus when soul frames are involved at *5. Remove them and use only the uranium filled mutator block. This should boost your mutation chance by the maximum safe value of *10. Anything above that has a chance to result in a swarmer princess.
Ahh sorry forgot to mention, yeah 1.5.2 Unleashed 1.1.3.
Ahh yeah I did read about the cap, but so far didnt see any "degraded" princesses. No wonder if it actually caps at x5 :p Thanks mate will try it out.

Edit: Actually, would there be any problem in it if I replaced the Soulframes with Chocolate frames to shorten lifespan? I mean the mutator and the chocolate frames together?

Last edited:

Waughoo

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno if this qualifies as a "simple" question or not...

Im making a automatic mob grinder in Unleashed using mob spawners and safari balls. I had a pretty good system for swapping the safari nets in and out of the spawner, but I couldn't sort them back into the correct chest when they were done. I figured diamond pipes would work, but they do not seem to recognize a safari net with one mob in it versus one with a different mob.

Any thoughts on how to force safari nets of each kind of mob into their own chests?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019

Im making a automatic mob grinder in Unleashed using mob spawners and safari balls. I had a pretty good system for swapping the safari nets in and out of the spawner, but I couldn't sort them back into the correct chest when they were done. I figured diamond pipes would work, but they do not seem to recognize a safari net with one mob in it versus one with a different mob.

Any thoughts on how to force safari nets of each kind of mob into their own chests?
Hypothetically speaking, you'd need some way to sort by the NBT data of the pokeba- I mean safari nets. And I'm not sure if such a system is available; I know MFR's enchantment sorter does that, but that only works for enchanted items.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019

I don't think safari nets with different mobs in them stack in a barrel, so you might be able to cheese the system by using a barrel for each one. I suspect the easiest way to keep them straight, however, is to have a turtle put them in the spawner and pull them back out. Someone over at the Computercraft forums made a program that functions that way, but I've yet to use it personally.

EDIT: link to that program: http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/15785-turtle-controlled-mob-spawner/

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

Have you tried Applied Energistics? The storage bus/precise export/import bus can tell the difference between most items(Using it to sort enchanted books into different chests depending on enchant, recharging armor based on EU level). And the Fuzzy bus disregards all information and just uses base item number. With that combination it should be doable.

Waughoo

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried Applied Energistics? The storage bus/precise export/import bus can tell the difference between most items(Using it to sort enchanted books into different chests depending on enchant, recharging armor based on EU level). And the Fuzzy bus disregards all information and just uses base item number. With that combination it should be doable.

I thought about AE, but was hoping there was a simple Buildcraft method instead. but I suppose I should set up an AE system at the grinder anyhow. I'll look into that when I get home

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
What exactly does the Power trait on the Ecstatic bees do? I'm guessing its like Water trait, it just gives power? But to what? And which kind?

Tantruhm

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing feed the beast overload on the newest version and i cant seem to create and infinite pool of water, is it some mod or config that i can change to re enable it? Thanks for your time