Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
For Nvidia, anything ending in -30 or less is a cause for the manufacturer to have a laugh at you giving them your money for a piece of junk. A card ending in -40 is acceptable if you're on a tight budget and can do without good performance. A card ending in -50 offers good price/performance value, and a card ending in -60 actually starts getting decently fast. A card ending in -70 is high performing, and a card ending in -80 is the top of the line product.

The 100's-digit in front of the is the generation. A 7xx series card is newer than a 6xx series card which is in turn newer than a 5xx series card and so on.

Sometimes, cards with a similar numbering scheme have extra words, such as "Boost" or "Ti", tacked onto it. In that case, the one with more extra words is generally (not always, but generally) faster.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Basically what Omicron said. Taking a quick look on Newegg, if you want to find a sub-$100 replacement, this Geforce 640 looks good:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130796

Jumping up to the $200 range (which I'd suggest over the previous card, but I can understand if it's outside your budget), here's a GeForce 660:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127699

And up into the $300 range, both these GeForce 760's look good:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127745
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130932

You can go higher than that, but the 760's and 670's are currently the balance point of the price:performance ratio for Nvidia cards at the moment. I'm personally not familiar with the ATI lineup, so someone else will need to chime in for their equivalent price-point alternatives.

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
I've read in the past that the <Indexer> for bees would crash your client, and could cause massive lag. This still the case, or is it fixed for 1.5.2 Unleashed?

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get my carts to stop doing THIS?!

And no the carts inventory is not full.

XRFWvNb.gif

axelwomble

Jul 29, 2019
I am running a FTB Unleashed 1.1.7 server on my Custom Built computer with a AMD 6Core Processor, and 32GB of ram. I am getting major block lag and terrible lag when going to different worlds or such... I have ran servers before for direwolf and this has no happened. Any Ideas on how to fix or and way I can fix the lag.Also I keep getting the Can't Keep Up warning.. If you know how to fix that please let me know.

Thanks for the Replies.

Tantruhm

Jul 29, 2019
Question! I was wondering which mod adds the boss mobs (for overload 1.6.4) (I think its ars magica) But how do i disable them? is there a way?

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
I am running a FTB Unleashed 1.1.7 server on my Custom Built computer with a AMD 6Core Processor, and 32GB of ram. I am getting major block lag and terrible lag when going to different worlds or such... I have ran servers before for direwolf and this has no happened. Any Ideas on how to fix or and way I can fix the lag.Also I keep getting the Can't Keep Up warning.. If you know how to fix that please let me know.

Optimizing your java parameters seems to make quite a difference. Perhaps the JVM arguments thread is a good place to start:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/jvm-arguments-for-modded-minecraft-updated-11-11-13.28994/

axelwomble

Jul 29, 2019

Manetheren1012

Jul 29, 2019
i have unleashed 1.1.3 and when i tuy to launch a CC computer in a mystrcaft age it does not work, the computer just has a blank screen and i cant type anything on it. anyone know why??

NoMansLand111

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I am new to FTB, can someone tell me why my username and password is throwing this error: invalid username or password error Feed The Beast Launcher

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Playing Ultimate: Powersuits Config says Gregtech Recipes"=true but the suit is not using gregtech recipes. Anyone know what you have to enable to get the gregtech recipes to activate? It's the only mention of gregtech in the whole file.

Manetheren1012

Jul 29, 2019
Playing Ultimate: Powersuits Config says Gregtech Recipes"=true but the suit is not using gregtech recipes. Anyone know what you have to enable to get the gregtech recipes to activate? It's the only mention of gregtech in the whole file.

Just checked a separate forum, the recipes are not there because of a bug, this has been fixed in a later build of MPS but the build is not in the recommended ultimate version.

Reactions: zorn

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
What are the best caps for Light and Dark Nexi in Ars Magica 2? The compendium is kinda confusing about that. :/

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks for the Replies.

Do you have a 64bit version of java installed? Without that, you won't have fun playing modded Minecraft.

Do you have more than 2GB of memory assigned in the FTB launcher? If so, turn it back down to 2GB max. Anything more will just slow things down without additional benefit. The cases where you actually need more than 1GB to run smoothly are few and far between.

What is this "Overload 1.6.4" you're talking about?

It's a third party pack primarily distributed via the AT Launcher. Numerous comments I've come across lead me to believe that it might possibly be available on the FTB launcher as well, via a pack code you can find on the Overload forums? Don't know anything more than that though.

Last edited:

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get my carts to stop doing THIS?!

And no the carts inventory is not full.

XRFWvNb.gif

I still have no solution to this.

Also I am using ATlaunchers Resonant Rise pack, I am averaging 25fps with optifine on normal distance, anyone know why? I have allocated 3gbs of ram to it. ALso my specs are

i5 3350p @ 3.5ghz
8gb ddr3l
6870 1gb ddr5