Important - For Users of Direwolf20_1_5 Modpack - Urgent feedback needed.

Which Method Should we take to fix the pack

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Herring

Jul 29, 2019
Also, i have no issues with a full reset, we like to take things a little slowly on my server, take our time planning things out, etc... and as such, the server has been up for a week with mostly just caving, etc... done, so a world reset won't be an issue for us.

SuperLuigi10

Jul 29, 2019
As soon as I heard about the problems with the newest version of the pack (from Slow's tweet this morning), I stopped my server before updating. As a server administrator, world resets are miserable to deal with because of all the unhappy players. Due to the need for a reset already from 1.4.7 to 1.5, I really would like to avoid another new world. That being said, I also understand the benefits to a full fix.

I would be EXTREMELY thankful if no world reset from version 1.1.1 is required.

Uraniuoxied

Jul 29, 2019
Biomes o Plenty works just fine. You have to enable the mod in the modpack, click on 'edit modpack' and then enable BoP.

Then you have to use it as the worldgen type instead of 'default'.

Isn't working for me... I was thinking that was just because the ID configs...

Jul 29, 2019
Biomes o Plenty works just fine. You have to enable the mod in the modpack, click on 'edit modpack' and then enable BoP.

Then you have to use it as the worldgen type instead of 'default'i have done that still dos not work :p
[DOUBLEPOST=1375576319][/DOUBLEPOST]ps I am using version 1.1.2 of direwolf20 pack

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
For what it's worth, the Unleashed pack had some conflicts too. ID for both force gems and gate copier was 6000, and IDs in the 12000 range were assigned to both Extra Trees and MFR.
And, yes, a proper fix that will fix things is far better than a patch.

It used to. If 1.1.2 has an ID conflict please report it on the bug thread.

SuperLuigi10

Jul 29, 2019
If we could get a program that we can run on 1.1.1 world files to update them to the decided ID config, a world reset would not be necessary! Please strongly consider this.

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
Whatever the solution do it very soon please. People need to know very quickly if they should stop their current efforts.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
If we could get a program that we can run on 1.1.1 world files to update them to the decided ID config, a world reset would not be necessary! Please strongly consider this.

It already exists and has been mentioned in this thread, it's called mIDas.

Reactions: Flipz

Kunjmaji

Jul 29, 2019
Full restart, preferably with some sort of automated way to convert misconfigured worlds automatically to the new thing. Maybe even an auto-converting semibandage mod, with a config option "panic_fix_applied"? This might fail messily, though, if anyone has edited the configs manually.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
I have mined 10 stacks of nether quartz, build a steam boiler, get a good powersuit going, and get an MFR tree farm and fertilizer system going.

Although I'm on Unleashed, this incorporates all the mods DW20 has. I would like to be a representative for any fix that doesn't require a reset. So bandage fix in this case.

Reactions: Werner Figueiredo

Jaeden

Jul 29, 2019
Please do the full fix, yes a world reset is never the funnest especially for those who play this game for hours on end.. But it is always best to fix it once than to continually have problems.. And Thank you Slowpoke and the FTB team, i feel bad about all these people getting mad at you for this.. Everyone is human, we all make mistakes.. Thank you for doing what you do, even after all these people making it hard..[DOUBLEPOST=1375578286][/DOUBLEPOST]
*Sigh* I'm clearly in the minority here but... I would prefer the band aid. Now viewing the poll, I'm realistic: it simply won't happen. I was finaly able after much month of wait and failed attempts with personnal packs to set up a server with the DW20 pack, and now this happen... BTW, no offense, but i do feel making errors like this defeats the point of user-friendly modpacks like those provided by FTB. Did someone say bitter? Yeah, I am.

Oh well. Time to save the "wrong" configs and paste them over the "corrected" ones at each update I guess... Or trying to make a MultiMC instance that matches the wrong configs.

If you have such a problem using there mod packs and feel you can do a better job, go ahead man.. They are doing this for free, they spend there time and effort to make a pack for you to use..

Reactions: Geekomancer
Status
Not open for further replies.