Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... Sounds like you're in cheat mode for NEI, I believe they added an enchanting tab a while back
That does indeed sound like the case.

On a related note: why does NEI default to cheat mode after every update? (Yes, I realize there probably isn't a simple answer to this, but perhaps I'm wrong and there's a simple rationale that I'm missing. :p )

Prodigy39

Jul 29, 2019
Well, most people made the switch from TMI to NEI as mapmakers, server owners, and spotlighters before the modpack community exploded. I guess Chicken_Bones never saw the need to change it one modpacks became popular.

Werner Figueiredo

Jul 29, 2019
I download the direwolf20 1.5 v1.1.1 server from launcher and website, but some addons are missing, like Logistic Pipes.

Please, where I find the updated version?

Prodigy39

Jul 29, 2019
I have yet to play the newest version of the DW20 pack as I've been away for a bit, though of FTB days you have the most recent version, I'd check the disabled mods column.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
So... Sounds like i got EXTREMELY unlucky with my spawn. In some regards, at least. Playing on the DW20 1.52 Modpack (BOP activated):

1 - There aren't any cactuses out for over 2000 blocks in every direction. I've even gone into creative and tried to scour the map over looking for them, even Tiny Cactuses, and not a single one.

2 - The closest Nether Fortress is 2600 blocks from spawn. Or about 300 blocks in the Nether.

So... Blaze Powder, isn't really MUCH of an issue, because i can get it from nearby Dunes biome, and there's a couple of ways of getting Nether Bricks. But Cactuses... Specifically, Pipe Waterproof. Is there ANY way i can get Pipe Waterproof WITHOUT messing with bees? I REALLY don't want to mess with bees.

Werner Figueiredo

Jul 29, 2019
So... Sounds like i got EXTREMELY unlucky with my spawn. In some regards, at least. Playing on the DW20 1.52 Modpack (BOP activated):

1 - There aren't any cactuses out for over 2000 blocks in every direction. I've even gone into creative and tried to scour the map over looking for them, even Tiny Cactuses, and not a single one.

2 - The closest Nether Fortress is 2600 blocks from spawn. Or about 300 blocks in the Nether.

So... Blaze Powder, isn't really MUCH of an issue, because i can get it from nearby Dunes biome, and there's a couple of ways of getting Nether Bricks. But Cactuses... Specifically, Pipe Waterproof. Is there ANY way i can get Pipe Waterproof WITHOUT messing with bees? I REALLY don't want to mess with bees.

Liquiducts?
Get some Lead ore and obsidian, pulverizer and induction furnace. Much better than pipes IMO

RoloisRight

Jul 29, 2019

Is EE3 in the pack? You could use a minium stone to xmute any dye until you get to cactus green.

Werner Figueiredo

Jul 29, 2019

Or craft a couple of randoms worlds with mystcraft, was pretty common find cactus in my tests.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Skystone cobble. I see it in NEI. I know it's added by Biomes-o-Plenty. But I haven't found any in any of the gazillion or so biomes I have strolled (flown) over so far.

Whenceforth cometh thou, skystone cobble(eth)?

I can confirm. It's definitely from the Promised Land. Promised Land is made up of floating islands of Purified Dirt and Skystone. You're going to need to craft an Ancient Staff to get there. Have fun mining every biome/opening lots of Spoils Bags.

Any particular reason why you're extremely phobic of bees? Pipe waterproofing from beeswax is literally the FIRST thing you can get from bees. All you'd have to do is scoop open a single hive and then make a bee house and put the bees in. No breeding. No frames. No seed oil. Just centrifuge the combs when they come out.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
So, in the latest version of the Unleashed pack, I can't access the minimap options. I know before they where keyed to M and you had to de-key everything else from M first, but I have done that and it still doesn't work. Anyone know why? xD

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
So, in the latest version of the Unleashed pack, I can't access the minimap options. I know before they where keyed to M and you had to de-key everything else from M first, but I have done that and it still doesn't work. Anyone know why? xD

Try hitting the = button.

What are my options in the Unleashed pack for manufacturing clay/bricks? Or is mining it the only way to get it?

You have quite a few options. :)

You can set up a Factorization ore processing chain. Ore goes into the Grinder, and then the ore gravel from that goes into the Mixer for cleaning. The mixer will then output the cleaned ore chunks as well as Sludge, which can be smelted for Clay. Factorization's ore processing is a massive pain in the butt to set up and automate, but if you get it working, you'll have more clay than you'll know what to do with.

Alternatively, you can breed a River Bee, which produces Clay Combs that can be centrifuged for... Clay. You can get one by breeding a Water Bee with a Common Bee.

Or, you can use UU-Matter to craft large amounts of Clay. 5 UUM in the following shape gets you 48 Clay:

xx
x
xx

Or, you can use a Minium Stone to change one Iron Ingot into four Clay Blocks. Alternatively, you can turn four Gravel, Flint, or Sandstone into one Clay.

Whenever you want to find alternate ways of obtaining something, a good start is to just hit R on it in NEI. You never know what might pop up. :)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
What are my options in the Unleashed pack for manufacturing clay/bricks? Or is mining it the only way to get it?
For one, there's a recipe to get clay from UU-matter.
5 UUM in a C-shape gets you about 48 clay balls, if I remember correctly.

Alternatively, I think the Sludge Boiler from Minefactory Reloaded gives clay on occasion. You'll need to set up an MFR farm for some kind of plant (trees, wheat, nether wart, etc.), and the harvester will produce this liquid called Sludge. Pump that into a Sludge Boiler, place a chest or some Buildcraft pipes adjacent to it, apply power, and stand back. I'm not certain if you can get clay out of it, but I would expect that you can.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Try hitting the = button.
Thanks, but I don't have a = button. Using a swedish keyboard, so = is shift-0, which doesn't work.[DOUBLEPOST=1375312019][/DOUBLEPOST]
For one, there's a recipe to get clay from UU-matter.
5 UUM in a C-shape gets you about 48 clay balls, if I remember correctly.

Alternatively, I think the Sludge Boiler from Minefactory Reloaded gives clay on occasion. You'll need to set up an MFR farm for some kind of plant (trees, wheat, nether wart, etc.), and the harvester will produce this liquid called Sludge. Pump that into a Sludge Boiler, place a chest or some Buildcraft pipes adjacent to it, apply power, and stand back. I'm not certain if you can get clay out of it, but I would expect that you can.
Yeah sludge boiler is probably most effective way. Cheap and easy, only drawback is it's poisonous to be nearby.

Someguy

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, but I don't have a = button. Using a swedish keyboard, so = is shift-0, which doesn't work.[DOUBLEPOST=1375312019][/DOUBLEPOST]

Look for a file in the mods/Voxelmods folder called voxelmap.properties. In that file, look for the line that says "Menu Key:=" and change the = to whatever you want. Try and find something that is unused anywhere else, I found Voxelmap to be sensitive to that.

Reactions: SpitefulFox