Request Suggest mods for creation here

Safe-Keeper

Jul 29, 2019
I just finished crafting the Zeppelin in Traincraft, I must that while it does have potential and is sort of fun to play around with, but I'm disappointed in the overall quality of the thing. It doesn't really look that good, especially not with all the smoke rising from the wooden canopy, it's clunky to fly and land, sometimes kills you when you disembark, and gives you nothing that the electric jet pack doesn't already give you, except the 3x3 storage space, I guess. It also strikes me as being a bit unbalanced (the coal seems to take an eternity to burn up, which I just find strange), and you're just really vulnerable while you're up there as anything can hit you (in my first flight, I was shot out of the sky by a wisp and had to retrieve my zeppelin from the bottom of the sea).

So I don't know how work on FTB is organized, but it would be really welcome if you at some point did a workover of the Air ship/Zeppelin concept -- things like giving it an enclosed canopy and perhaps making it more user-friendly, modular (with modules such as weapons, storage space, upgrades, etc.) and perhaps even, if possaible, giving it a Battlefield 1942-style passenger slot system. In short, make it more user-friendly, and give it uses the jet pack doesn't have.

It is fun to have a Zeppelin to cruise around with and build an air ship port and whatnot, and the concept has a lot of potential, especially if you tied it in with other mods such as Thaumcraft, but as it is now, I'm tempted to say it shouldn't even be in the mod. So if someone did an "Air ship v2" at some point, I'd be really, really happy :) .

Taran

Jul 29, 2019
----Climate-craft----
>A option to adjust day/night cycles durations in the con-fig file.
-Clouds form and rain over specific areas> clouds travel and collide to a area that minecraft wants it to rain/snow there.
-Rain is no longer affected by every client on that map. (such as raining in a plains biome does not affect me being 10000 blocks away in a jungle biome)
-Better seasons such as all 4 and proper weather accoiates with it.
-Snow comes no matter what biome it is but it only reads off of the season.
-Snow will stay until spring comes or on removal.
-Client side season effects/animations such as in a "hot or heat wave" day in the summer it would show heat waves.
-Rain no longer starts in a complete downpour but starts at a small sprinkle then proceeds to a larger pour.
-Rain storms as well as snow storms come in a variety of 'pours" like a rain storms that will just sprinkle for a minute then quit or like rain comes into a medium "pour" but then settles to a light sprinkle for a minute. (all clouds dependent).
-Clouds will slowly form in the sky letting the player know or a possibility of them knowing the weather event that's about to occur.
-Lighting storms can happen without rain such as a grey fog with stand alone thunder.
-Proper rain structure sounds (player is inside a house with no holes for rain to get in or open sides then the rain will sound like its hitting the roof but not like your outside standing in it)

---Survival Edition---

Server/client con-fig file that allows the user to enable this edition.
-Wool on sheep is no longer as frequent during summer but frequent in winter.-Animals migrate into warmer areas during winter(sheep will stay)
-Mobs during winter will not spawn above the surface but will still spawn under ground.
-Temperatures of seasons affect your body temperature so you will have to make a fire or wear warm clothes.
-heat "points" or something to show a basic time the player can stand under specific weather conditions.
-specific clothes like iron or diamond armor will be affected by temperatures more severely. (iron is metal imagine if you wore a cold metal plate to your bare skin)
-very hot or very cold temperatures will cause the player to become sick (such as hypothermia or a heat stroke>>(major damage and nausea for a minute if exposed to long))
-Add were weather will affect plants growth out doors (such as freezing in the winter)
-Add clothing of many kinds not just for vanity but for keeping the heat inside you.

---Mod Support---
-Forestry
This mod would be in support to forestry for bees (most genes will mutate to work in specific weather conditions/weather) Or dissipation charges.
This will add a item the portable weather analyzer can be crafted in forestry-shaped-ways that will tell wither the dissipater will use its capsules or not to dissipate the type of storm.
May add many types of dissipation capsules to forestry for specific storms.

-Myst-craft
This may add pages and symbols to allow many climates and temperatures or eternal seasons to take place in the ages.

-Thaum-craft
Possibly add were flux and aura will be affected during seasons.

-IC2
(possible addition for the lighting rods is a ion storm)
Ion storms will be a more frequent and destructive lighting strikes. (C&C Tiberium Sun for more info on Ion storms)
-All Power Centered Mods (IC2>EU BC>MJ's)
Ions storms will cause major power fluxuations. I.E. > gravity suit will glitch out and turn on and off while in use turning a ion storm.

---Suggestions/credit---

Suggestions is very help full if you want this mod to appear!
I know how direwolf20 is always complaining about the rain on FTB. I do to I just don't like the durations and sounds of it.
Let me know of anymore ideas!
~Taran Reid

Reactions: XEqualsPenguin

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
-Rain is no longer affected by every client on that map. (such as raining in a plains biome does not affect me being 10000 blocks away in a jungle biome)

This alone needs to be done on any server with TC3. Always makes me facepalm when watching a DW20 video and they are complaining that it rains so much on one of the FC servers. I can't help but think, "Well, yeah, you're all sitting in a high flux chunk and TC3 reduces Flux by causing rain, which is a global event!"

Taran

Jul 29, 2019
This alone needs to be done on any server with TC3. Always makes me facepalm when watching a DW20 video and they are complaining that it rains so much on one of the FC servers. I can't help but think, "Well, yeah, you're all sitting in a high flux chunk and TC3 reduces Flux by causing rain, which is a global event!"

Yeah I know, but what I mean is the original minecraft mechanic of the map telling the client that its "raining" then on servers its sent to every client by rain cycle but it should only be a AREA or like 4-5 biomes large. (break down is that not every client on a server need to experience rain simultaneously.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Some type of rudimentary security mod, password/lockable doors, Villager proof doors, ETC,
, I mean, I want villagers that can't come in my house, To be able to have doors only i can open, The only way to do that is super expensive TC stuff

Boxmen666

Jul 29, 2019
A mod for Direwolf20
EnderSeige mod!!

Endermans knows how to move more blocks except blocks with an inventory or any mod items.
Every 200 days,Endermen are the only mobs for the day and the player can't sleep
Every 1500 days,a new Enderdragon is born at half health(but not the ender crystals)
After 1000 after world creation,endermen are immune to the sun

100 Days after the original Enderdragon is killed,Endermen goes berserk and spawns rapidly!
They start killing animals & swarm the player in anger!!
Though the sun still scares them
This is ENDERSEIGE

On the 5th day of ender seige,all endermen becomes immune to all potion effects & the player can't sleep
On the 8th day,endermen can generate ender tnt blocks in their hands that dont dmg endermen and explodes immediately upon placement
On the 10th day,a Giant Enderman comes and starts destroying the world

What do you think about this mod?
Is it good?

Badger

Jul 29, 2019
My idea-

monsterCRAFT!

similar to the way IC2 cropnalyzed seeds worked.

Essentially you can create devices to capture and/or genetically modify monsters, animals, (maybe even splice in plant DNA?). The models would have a set number 'models' and a set number of 'textures' for various parts of the models. You can obtain substances throughout the world to modify them genetically, boosting attributes (health, intelligence, perception radius, strength/damage, inventory capacity, fed capacity)

and they could be given special attributes (can wear armor, can use weapons, spits ghast fireballs, detect state change, detect ore density, break blocks, destroy blocks, mining, break crops, detect crop harvestable, replant crops, filter, move objects from point a to point b, move liquids from point a to point b, place world liquids, extract world liquids, craft simple items (4 square grid), craft advanced items (9 square grid), activate switch/button, patrol area, patrol points, make loud noises or do other action when enemy detected (siren?), explode, explode BIG, explode without dying, deploy mini-creepers, throw/place blocks, create traps, move VERY fast, teleport, defend an area, defend a person, defend an object or entity, and create helpful 'pheremones' in an area (like a weak beacon!), reproduce naturally, carry a charge (transfer eu, BC, or IC2 energy from place to place), walk on water, fly, walk on lava, swim, fireproof (swim in lava!), follow monster, produce milk or wool or mushrooms (or something), build structures, healing, feeding, and carry an anchor. Or, if you wanted to be a jerk, you could just create a mindless rampaging machine of hatred and destruction and set it loose on your best friend's tower.

Models: standard in-game models... human, creeper, ender, dragon, golem, spider, silverfish, ghast, testificate, animals. etc.
nonstandard models: centaur, multiheaded wolf, two-headed sheep(One at each end), two-headed golem, spider-centaur, giant hand, head with arms and legs, wraith, etc.
Particles and textures: various, with different textures on different bodyparts for the nonstandard models.

This could be done as a magic-themed or tech pack, or (My favorite) a frankenstein hybrid of both. You could, quite literally, create an entire modpack around this idea. Or a server, with warring armies of monsters trying to kill each other. feeding the monsters would be accomplished by means of feeding troughs that the monsters return to in order to consume their special foods.

monsters would have 'down sides' that you might breed in by mistake or on purpose. They might require special food (A cyborg-looking spider-centaur that carries a double chest and can follow behind you picking up broken blocks might require iron ingots, for example) and breeding in 'flaws' could potentially increase the 'genetic score' for adding in new or additional attributes. You might pay for diamond scales for your dragon, for example, by making him require diamonds for food, or he could hate wolves and attack them on sight regardless of other jobs. He could set fires where he walks, or fail to repeat command... once he is given an order he doesn't continue following the order, but sits down and waits for a new order (not useful for the creature, but maybe the next generation will be smarter?). Perhaps he needs an 'assigned bed' to sleep in at night

each of these things has been done in other mods, but I hope a good coder could bring them all together. It could literally be the ultimate foundation of a new modpack.

Reactions: Blorph

victini657

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that works with the thaumcraft 3 aspect system, and is based around EE2's energy condenser.
You make it (whether it involved crafting, or research) and then you place something in a certain slot.
You then put items in the bottom chest area that have the same aspects as it.
For every item it consumes, all unused aspect is thrown out into the atmosphere.
This system would require people to be more careful while condensing items so they don't flux up their home area, and they can't mass produce something valuable with dirt.

Badger

Jul 29, 2019
ars magica already does something similar. I hope FTB can get permissions to use it soon (if they don't already have it)

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Just a suggestion...

Basically have an idea for an addon that produces large amounts of power from a steam boiler type set up.
Please Note, the items in quotations " " are items this idea will add and therefore don't exist...

Basically the procedure would be as follows:-

1: Create "Distilled Water"(liquid) by heating water in a "Distillery" that you can pump in and out of(one "Distillery" should provide enough for 4 boilers, see below) using very little power. The "Distillery" should also require a resource input(glowstone dust to draw out the impurities in the water?? one dust per bucket probably) to discourage people from just destroying the "Condensed Steam"(see below) in a void pipe avoiding building a cooling tower.

2: A "Very High Pressure" (VHP) boiler that produces 40 steam/tick (double HP boiler) per boiler tank made from "Reinforced Steel Plates" (formed by putting 4 steel plates in a 2x2 in a rolling machine) in the standard 2x2 crafting table recipe to produce the boiler tanks.

Uses standard liquid or solid fuel fire-boxes but only max size is available, 2000*C max temp, 10 hour heat up time(double HP although seems a bit too long?), same fuel efficiency ratio's as well.

Can ONLY be fed with "Distilled Water" due to the higher temps and pressures, the boiler then heats the "Distilled Water" producing "Superheated Steam"(gas).

3: "Superheated Steam" is then piped to either a "VHP Turbine" (with different/stronger rotors) producing 400EU/t or a "VHP Steam Engine" that produces 16MJ/t (double Industrial Steam Engine).

This engine/turbine will then produce power and convert the "Superheated Steam" into "Condensed Steam"(liquid).

Standard engine recipe but using "Reinforced Steel Plates"(described above) and "Reinforced Steel Gears" which are created with blocks of steel in a standard pattern around a stone gear.

Need suggestions for the turbine and rotor recipies, I've never used the standard ones so can't think of a sensible way of making them a bit more expensive/complicated without overdoing it.

4: "Condensed Steam" cannot be pumped out into the world as it is too hot but must be cooled in a cooling tower which is a multiblock structure with a 9x9/11x11 base and 13/15 blocks high(depends which looks better).

Not expecting people to build the whole multiblock however. A single "Tower Block" placed in the center(much like the old forestry farms) will provide the point where you can pump in "Condensed Steam" and out "Distilled Water". Once this block is placed it will mark out the dimensions of the tower and have an inventory where the player can place the building materials which will be standard railcraft concrete, however many blocks will be needed. Then the "Tower Block" will create the tower, hopefully not in a "blocky" fashion but someting that looks cool with a bounding box a bit like the RP2 windmill.

The "Tower Block" shouldnt be too expensive I think or people will just ignore the cooling tower and just destroy the "Condensed Steam", probably just steel blocks in the corners with Iron Tank Valves between and a concrete block in the middle.

OR "Condensed Steam" can be stored in a tank...

5. The "Distilled Water" can then be pumped back into the "VHP Boiler" with maybe a 1 or 2% loss each cycle. Much lower than real life but enough to make you think about a solution.

What do you guys think??

But here is the problem, I have less than no idea how to program nevermind mod but if someone is willing to take this up I'd be most grateful!!!

Yay, first post btw
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

Also posted on MCF and mmo-champion...

EDIT#1:- decreased max temp from 4000*C to 2000*C after it was pointed out by "Badger" and "Greyed" that I'd melt steve's face off if he looked at the boiler... Made me realise that an HP boiler has max heat of 1000*C so double is actually 2000*C not 4000

Reactions: Smiletactician

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Uses standard liquid or solid fuel fire-boxes but only max size is available, 4000*C max temp, 10 hour heat up time(double HP although seems a bit too long?), same fuel efficiency ratio's as well.

I know, I know, Minecraft is not real world so real world doesn't apply. But we are talking about an item modeled on a real-world object so people intuitively expect it to kinda match the real world thing. So, with that said, uhm, you do realize 4000C is the lower end estimate of the temperature of the core of the Earth, right? A tad over 5500C is the temperature of the surface of the sun. I'm thinking that boilers aren't going to achieve heat on that scale without using magma as a medium and something else a tad more powerful than planks for fuel. ;)

Badger

Jul 29, 2019
good point, ferrous metals generally melt at around 2800 degrees FARENHEIT.. Celsius is something like 1500 degrees. even weapons-grade thermonuclear devices seldom break 2 grand celsius... 4000 degrees would cause an amazingly spectacular burn off instantly ending your minecraft world :)
maybe you should talk to calaclava... he seems to be interested in large-scale atomic disintegration.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
True true, was just trying to keep up the ratio of doubling the properties of an HP boiler to keep things balanced and got it wrong. Should be 2000*C max temp, still high but will scale the start up time and fuel cost to start up properly. Edited original post to reflect balls up;)

Badger

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a suggested mod for the FTB launcher:

The ability to add additional 'tabs' to the launcher, with a title of the player's choosing, that contain default vanilla minecraft or with a default forge installation, of a selectable minecraft version, so that a player can build their own 'single player' modpack for themselves off of that 'bare bones' base.
So, you click a tab, select "forge, FML, 1.4.2" and type in "My personal modpack" in the title, and it creates a tab similar to the other tabs like FTB ultimate and DW20 modpack. no fussing with files. Then, you go to 'mods', and start installing mods and screwing around with their config files to make them fit together just as if you were modifying 'magic farm' or 'new world mod pack' for your own personal enjoyment.

This would not violate any rights, would add huge functionality for the player base, be a nod to the 'I wanna play the game my way' group, and earn FTB the undying gratitude of snarky assholes like myself.

(Not to mention it would be a pretty huge reason for people to use FTB instead of Tekkit)

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a suggested mod for the FTB launcher:

The ability to add additional 'tabs' to the launcher, with a title of the player's choosing, that contain default vanilla minecraft or with a default forge installation, of a selectable minecraft version, so that a player can build their own 'single player' modpack for themselves off of that 'bare bones' base.
So, you click a tab, select "forge, FML, 1.4.2" and type in "My personal modpack" in the title, and it creates a tab similar to the other tabs like FTB ultimate and DW20 modpack. no fussing with files. Then, you go to 'mods', and start installing mods and screwing around with their config files to make them fit together just as if you were modifying 'magic farm' or 'new world mod pack' for your own personal enjoyment.

This would not violate any rights, would add huge functionality for the player base, be a nod to the 'I wanna play the game my way' group, and earn FTB the undying gratitude of snarky assholes like myself.

(Not to mention it would be a pretty huge reason for people to use FTB instead of Tekkit)
I think that this is the wrong section... I'm pretty sure there is a different thread for launcher suggestions, this one is to suggest mods for creation (thus the title)

knightlyzach

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to suggest a mod that adds pine cones to spruce trees and a mod that adds water to cacti, with a tool to get the water from the cactus. The reason why I suggest a mod that adds pine cones to Spruce Trees because in real life, when you think about it, those trees have pine cones on them. Instead of having them spawn commonly on Spruce Trees, have it a 10% chance to find/spawn a Spruce Tree with Pine Cones on the tree, and make it 5% - 10% chance for the tree to drop pine cones. The uses for pine cones could be used as a fuel in a furnace. I would say 4 - 6 pine cones should do to smelt one block of iron ore down into an ingot.

The reason why I suggest a mod that adds water to cacti, with a tool to get the water from the cactus because some, if not most, cacti in real life store water in them. So, why not make a mod that does that? Here's the catch, though: have it so there's a 5% - 10% chance of finding water in cacti. As for the tool to harvest the water, I would call the tool a CactusTap, a Cactus Drainer, or a Cactus Faucet. I know, the names are stupid, but I'm sure someone else could think of a better name for it. The recipe would either A) Require 4 iron ingots, 1 leather, and 2 sticks; B) Require 4 iron ingots and 1 leather; or C) 5 iron ingots. Below are examples of the recipe. Hope everyone likes my ideas. Sorry if not.
Suggested recipe picture.jpg

Badger

Jul 29, 2019
actually, I agree with your reasoning, but disagree with the level of difficulty that should be required. a simple bucket should be able to obtain water from a cactus, breaking the cactus in the process. However, converting a cactus to planks (or sticks?) such as pam's desertcraft does could be totally available.

a 'desert survival pack' could be a fun mod.

Reactions: XEqualsPenguin

knightlyzach

Jul 29, 2019
actually, I agree with your reasoning, but disagree with the level of difficulty that should be required. a simple bucket should be able to obtain water from a cactus, breaking the cactus in the process. However, converting a cactus to planks (or sticks?) such as pam's desertcraft does could be totally available.

a 'desert survival pack' could be a fun mod.

What would you suggest for difficulty? I'm not mad or anything, just curious is all.