Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, 0.5 is awesome, and managed to get BoP in mine working fine, just reporting a slight rendering bug when using ghostwood doors, as they are slightly transparent they are awesome but certain blocks/entities don't render behind them

Pretty sure it's related to the vanilla issue where if you place two transparent blocks next to each other you can't see one of them, like blocking water with glass.

Astfgl

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure it's related to the vanilla issue where if you place two transparent blocks next to each other you can't see one of them, like blocking water with glass.

Not sure because it only seems to effect mod items, for instance the items on the face of barrels, ender chests and the coloured bricks from MFR,

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is a bug or not: To make flint & steel, you need flint and steel now (ic2) - to get steel, you need a blast furnace (need magma from nether) - so how do you get to the nether, if you can't make a flint and steel?

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is a bug or not: To make flint & steel, you need flint and steel now (ic2) - to get steel, you need a blast furnace (need magma from nether) - so how do you get to the nether, if you can't make a flint and steel?

Its a gregtech change, you can disable it in the config file.

RuggedDusty

Jul 29, 2019

You could either craft a fire charge using coal, gunpowder and blaze powder to ignite the nether portal, or maybe drop some lava on a planks block to start a fire that ignites the portal. Haven't tried the latter, but the former works great as long as you have Thaumcraft for the Cinderpearls.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
You could either craft a fire charge using coal, gunpowder and blaze powder to ignite the nether portal, or maybe drop some lava on a planks block to start a fire that ignites the portal. Haven't tried the latter, but the former works great as long as you have Thaumcraft for the Cinderpearls.
Doesn't blaze powder also come from the nether?[DOUBLEPOST=1370651749][/DOUBLEPOST]
Its a gregtech change, you can disable it in the config file.
Don't suppose you know where? I don't see anything in the config files... (I must be missing it).

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
You can get blaze powder from the desert flowers in TC3. Also, the planks and lava thing works, you just have to set it up right and wait.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I've chosen and downloaded the 1.5.2 version 5, but my files don't have Soul Shards, Mystcraft, etc and the versions don't match the changelog that has been posted.

fangfire

Jul 29, 2019

Another alternative if you don't mind a long drawn out process is making a gregtech industrial blast furnace. Can make steel without needing nether materials but like all gregtech stuff is not quick to make.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I've chosen and downloaded the 1.5.2 version 5, but my files don't have Soul Shards, Mystcraft, etc and the versions don't match the changelog that has been posted.

This happened first time I tired to update so I deleted my previous version and that seemed to sort it.[DOUBLEPOST=1370672740][/DOUBLEPOST]

This pissed me off a bit too heh, there are ways round it but it is a dumb change for changes sake, imo.

As stated because of thaumcraft there are cinverpearls in desert biomes, there are also firecharges available as loot in vanilla jungle temple dispensers and possibly thaumcraft towers in npc villages. Next up is looted steel ingots from chests (thaumcraft barrow dungeons and totems, underground vanilla spawners etc.). I managed to get a portal to light once using a lava block next to a piece of wood, so I put the portal out and tried to repeat it on camera... an hour or so later I gave up lol

D

Dennis19977

Heya! 1. In the 0.5 while I did something with Mystcraft and Thaumcraft 3 I got shocked by a green lightning ( peaceful ) Maybe a bug?
2. I can't make a linking book in Mystcraft, bug?
All on NGT on LAN

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Seems to be a few issues with voxels not showing chunk boundaries propperly or mob spawning zones. Also while looking at the configs I noticed there was a file for ArsMagicka yet the mod is notp art of the pack currently. Any one know if this is planned?

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Seems to be a few issues with voxels not showing chunk boundaries propperly or mob spawning zones. Also while looking at the configs I noticed there was a file for ArsMagicka yet the mod is notp art of the pack currently. Any one know if this is planned?

It isn't VoxelMap that shows chunk boundaries and spawning zones; it is NEI. I don't think there is any fix for that right now. I don't think Ars Magica is going to be added to this pack, but it will probably be in Magic World 2 when that eventually gets released. The config may have just been for testing or may be so you can easily install it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.