Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olivj

Jul 29, 2019
Was hoping to see Biomes o Plenty to be added :( but glad were one step closer to a final version
These lines in the FAQ of Biomes O' Plenty may be the reason:
Q: Can I add this mod to a mod pack?
A: No. This goes for any modpack, including Tekkit, Feed The Beast, and other modpacks.
Don't know if there will be an aggrement about that later...

Personnaly, I will add Biomes O' Plenty and the beta version of ExtraBees to test them.

Thank you Wyld and the rest of the team for the great job.

Reactions: YasukiHumai

Soloun

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone link the 152ngt zip file? I was able to get 152wgt working but only by following Tyrellan's instructions, and his very helpgul link to the manual download, thanks mate.
For me the launcher is downloading and launching vanilla, regardless of auto setting or versions etc. I don't know where to find the 152ngt zip though, any help please?

Reactions: Tyrellan

VictorFox

Jul 29, 2019
So everybody seems to be talking about "0.5", "152wgt" and "152ngt" being released. Is there any way somebody can tell me what this is about? I don't see any new modpacks added in the launcher, and honestly I am not exactly keen on reading through 50 pages of this thread

Soloun

Jul 29, 2019
If you got into the launcher, into private packs and put in the code 152wgt or 152ngt you will see a new pack that includes minecraft version 1.5.2 with the mods that are updated and compatible with 1.5.2. the ngt means No Greg Tech the wgt means With Greg Tech.
The 0.5 is the version of this pack, the latest being 0.5 released today which adds a lot of mods.
Its still labelled as unstable but allows you to play the new version of minecraft with some or most of our favorite mods.[DOUBLEPOST=1370509848][/DOUBLEPOST]Just saw the link, thanks Olivj.

Reactions: VictorFox

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
For me the launcher is downloading and launching vanilla, regardless of auto setting or versions etc. I don't know where to find the 152ngt zip though, any help please?
First, find the FTB folder - you'll see the mod packs you've already downloaded (say Ultimate, TechWorld, etc....) - You should see 152ngt (in your case).

Unzip the 152ngt.zip folder somewhere (it doesn't matter where) - go into that folder, and you should now see a minecraft and instMods folder.

Now, go back to your FTB folder - and copy the two folders into the 152ngt folder there. You'll overwrite the minecraft folder (go ahead).

if it's not in the 152ngt folder (in your FTB directory), create a blank file named version - and add 0.5 as the first line. If it is there, edit the file (with notepad, wordpad - whatever) and add 0.5 as the first line, and save it).

Launch FTB, make sure 0.5 is set (not recommended) and it should now launch properly.

EDIT: tweaked a few things to (hopefully) make it a bit clearer. :)

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the Update, but i have something to complain :p

Can you please let the version Numbers on the Files? I add some Mods and update Mods myself and it makes it much harder when i don't know with File is witch Version.

Still, thanks for the Update! :D

Fireweaver

Jul 29, 2019
It appears there is a problem with the server files for 152ngt. I tried installing and connecting but get an error message about mods not installed on my client, upon further investigation I can clearly see Mystcraft in the server mods folder, but there is no Mystcraft on the client mod folders.

****edit*****

With a lot of messing around, I downloaded a new 152ngt client from one of the links on this thread and it is working now.

Sacrimantius

Jul 29, 2019
These lines in the FAQ of Biomes O' Plenty may be the reason:
A: No. This goes for any modpack, including Tekkit, Feed The Beast, and other modpacks.

Mind linking the source? Not sure if they've changed the FAQ in the time since you posted this but it now reads:

A: Yes, as long as you give proper credit (Linking back to this thread, etc.), and don't make any money off of it (Adf.ly, etc.). You don't have to get explicit permission from us either, just follow those two rules.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1495041-152-forge-biomes-o-plenty-v055-biome-specific-gemstones/

Reactions: russjr08

BoneDisturbed

Jul 29, 2019
Just a heads up for everyone, BuildCraft 3.6.0 seems to remove all dungeons. Loaded up a seed where i knew were to find several dungeons, yet they were all gone.

Sacrimantius

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure you mean unofficial... no-where I can see is that endorsed by the mod creators. I'd listen to the Official Thread if I were you.

Edit: Nvm appears you corrected yourself ^^

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
Now if only Clanforge would behave when I try and make our Server run these modpacks and stuff. That and the Clanforge/Multiplay Support people to stop forcing the Servers FTP clean and trying to force Bukkit (without Forge Support) onto me... FFS... I wish I never started one with them but still have a full month of time paid for... T_T

iRandomness

Jul 29, 2019
So I've tried to install 0.5 (With GregTech) and when it finishes downloading and launches, it seems to still be stuck on 0.4, even though the window is called "FTB 1.5.2 Beta with GT v0.5"

Any tips?

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
Um... What is up with this Magic Bees and ThaumicBees thing??? These two mods are in the pack together yet it looks like they are identical configs that its causing a conflict...

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic bees has been renamed to Magic bees as it's no longer dependant on Thaumcraft being installed.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Has the issue with BoP and natura been fixed? Seeing natura stuff in my BoP nether so I'm guessing so but I'm unsure of exactly what the bug was before.

Cariyaga

Jul 29, 2019
Were any new mods added with .5? On my .3 server I'm running it with base mods, Ars Magica, and Extra Bees.

Status
Not open for further replies.