Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
If only you could travel in cart through nether portal (Mojang, fix your game). However instead you can get stuck inside the portal starving to death (or switching to creative and breaking portal blocks).
You don't starve unless you do stuff like running or jumping, but I think you can relog to fix it (or hope a pigman pushes you out of the way xD)

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
You don't starve unless you do stuff like running or jumping, but I think you can relog to fix it (or hope a pigman pushes you out of the way xD)

Not with 1.5 GT, then you use food depending on number of items in inventory (in before flame war, you can turn it off in config).

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Does that include when standing still? You wouldn't use food while stationary in vanilla, but regular walking DOES consume food, not just running etc...

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know where I find natura blackberry bushes? I've had a good look round in quite a few biomes and not seen any.

Edit: found some in a swampland biome, one that I'd already covered a large part of

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Currently playing on a server with that setting active, it's not really noticable. You simply eat a little more often. Sometimes when you spend a long time with a "jittering" food bar (i.e. no saturation remaining), you might notice a single big jump where you lose 2-3 haunches if you carry a lot of stuff (it only ticks once every couple minutes like that). But overall, I was still able to keep myself fed indefinitely with just 4 blocks of potato farmland in the beginning. Now that we're further in, there's still more food without even trying than anyone could ever consume. I mean, the cow farm for leather for Thaumcraft research alone produces so much meat, you could end world hunger with that...

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Wait until he limits inventory capacity to a "realistic amount".

Personally I dislike maintenance. Whether it's easy to get food or not, having to do so all the time adds nothing to the gaming experience.

Sam6555

Jul 29, 2019
So in the past I have done a couple different power sources. Used multiple HV solar panels (tekkit), I recently made the 36 coke oven/5 boiler set-up which works amazingly well considering it's 100% self sustainable. Though it does cost a ton of Clay. I actually outputted the steam so I had 2 lots of 13 engines running to two tesseracts, one for my home system and processing machines, the other for Quarries. 13 so it supplies 104 MJ which will fully supply a Tesseract. The rest goes into power converters to HV EU to power a Mass Fab.

Anyway I was looking into creating another power source, maybe something green. I have a friend who uses Fermenters/Stills to create Biofuel to run a single liquid boiler. I was thinking of making a biofuel set-up, but I have no idea on how many of each machine and what kind of farm I would need to run to get an output. Just like hoe 36 ovens/4 solid/1 liquid is nicely balanced, how many greenery farms (?)/fermenters/stills would I need. I've never messed with this kind of stuff so I have no clue of working speeds of the forestry machines.

Side question: some people said sugar cane to plantballs is one of the best green sources. Would the Lilypad of fertility/Xychorium soild work with the old style forestry farms, something tells me the multiblock farms wouldn't so quite as well as the old ones consideringhow large the old ones can be, and they don't need Apatite.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
The top side of the furnace should be set to input (blue). I'm not sure why that isn't working for you. Make sure that once you set it to blue, remove the external crafting pattern from the interface, then delete the queued up crafting job, then re-insert the pattern, then queue up a new job.
Failing that, move the interface one block up and place a single Buildcraft pipe (cobblestone will do) between it and the furnace.
That worked, thanks.

Now, I want to automatically convert all bones to bonemeal. I have a pattern set up, but how do I get it to automatically do the conversion? I don't want to have to rig up an Automatic Crafting Table or a Fabricator!

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Patterns are only triggered when something tries to craft them. If you simply want to execute a single-ingredient, single-step recipe, don't bother with patterns.

Just attach an export bus to the input side of a pulverizer and tell the bus to export bones. It will keep inserting bones into the pulverizer until there are none in the entire network.