Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Upgrades to GregTech machines are permanent and will even be retained when you wrench the machine and place it down somewhere else. If the upgrades are visible, i don't know, I've never used any of them.

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
Just installed Applied Energistics and am getting ready to power up my stuff. The wiki says that AE takes either MJ or EU. Does it take a specific voltage of EU? The wire running next to where my AE stuff will be is 512 EU/tick. Can I just connect to it or do I need a transformer?

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
For Optifine specifically you hit, on the launcher, edit mods. Then press jar mods and hit add mod. Find the directory for the optifine version you download and hit open. Done!

This basically applies to all mods. You merely change which option you choose; mods folder, jar, or core mod. Generally the mod will specify which it is on its forum page and if it does not then assume it goes in the mods folder.
Optifine should be in a compressed file format, right?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
1 fermenter can run ~4-5 stills depending on what you put in it. Sugar cane is worth ~3x more in a fermenter if you just leave it as sugar cane rather than converting it to plantballs (1600mB of biomass for 8 sugar cane vs. 500mB for 1 compressed plantball)

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone help with this sudden lag problem? I went from 90-200 fps to 20-30 and it's not stable, so I decided to use Optifine. Optifine is telling me that 95% of the game? is going to the GameRenderer. That number keeps climbing and I think it's why I'm lagging. Any help?

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Did you build or place anything to lead to this?
I don't believe so. I have a tree farm w/ biomass capabilities running all the time and a large quarry. But I had these before I quit FTB for a while and then when I get back on it's just sudden lag.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I don't believe so. I have a tree farm w/ biomass capabilities running all the time and a large quarry. But I had these before I quit FTB for a while and then when I get back on it's just sudden lag.

Did you update your modpack? If so did you have optifine which would have been removed when you updated?

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Did you update your modpack? If so did you have optifine which would have been removed when you updated?
I did update, and never used Optifine before the update because it was not needed. I notice a really bad world generation, if it means anything. I installed Optifine after the update.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I did update, and never used Optifine before the update because it was not needed. I notice a really bad world generation, if it means anything. I installed Optifine after the update.

There might have been some world gen issuse then. Sometimes worlds get a little wonky when you update. I would suggest turning your machines off and seeing if it gets any better. If not then trek out a bit and see if its related to the chunk your base is in. If you still have lag issues try starting a new solo world and seeing if the lag follows if it does its the mod pack for some reason if not its our world itself that has something casusing the lag.

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
But I need to destroy them. When I move, these blocks prevent me and my mining machine stops.

If your bores aren't getting the blocks, then yeah I would suggest block breakers.
But why do you want your ship to be that wide? If you make it narrow enough that the entire thing fits through the space cleared by the arcane bores, then you'll be good to go! (Make it longer if you need more room to fit things. Length doesn't matter.)

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
There might have been some world gen issuse then. Sometimes worlds get a little wonky when you update. I would suggest turning your machines off and seeing if it gets any better. If not then trek out a bit and see if its related to the chunk your base is in. If you still have lag issues try starting a new solo world and seeing if the lag follows if it does its the mod pack for some reason if not its our world itself that has something casusing the lag.
In my F3 screen it also says that there are a 143 loaded chunks... Is this normal?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
In my F3 screen it also says that there are a 143 loaded chunks... Is this normal?

Yes. Loaded chunks can get high. Players load chunks but also things like chunk loaders and quarries can also load them, By default up to a grid around each player I believe 21x21 (your view distance effects this) can get loaded so it is vary possible to be running around and see 441 chunks loaded.

Sam6555

Jul 29, 2019
How would I go about obtaining Radioactive Bees, as have next to no experience with bee-stuff. I need uranium, and it's either bees or mining, which if I did do it would need to be something that I can just let run forever just like DW20's Mining Well frame set up.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
How much uranium do you need? Bees will get you plenty, but you can't get them without becoming a decent beekeeper first (quite a bit of a time investment) - radioactive ones are fairly high-tier. Start out by getting imperial and industrious bees, as you'll know if you want to continue after that, and they're the first real "milestone".

OttoSoul

Jul 29, 2019
i must have to many bees in my indexer, cuz i crash when i open it. can you pump out of these things in any way? if not, if i break it, will i get all the drops?

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
if not, if i break it, will i get all the drops?
IIRC unfortunately yes. So if you have so many bees that it crashes when you try to open it, then breaking it will have bad effect on your world. It however shouldn't affect pumping, so just pump it out and void your bees better in the future.

OttoSoul

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC unfortunately yes. So if you have so many bees that it crashes when you try to open it, then breaking it will have bad effect on your world. It however shouldn't affect pumping, so just pump it out and void your bees better in the future.

yeah, i learned that the hard way. i now have 3 gene-pools, so i didn't want to waste all that perfectly good DNA!