Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

OttoSoul

Jul 29, 2019
hello, my friend is trying to play ftb ultimate. he can download the exe from the site. he runs on a windows computer. he gets the launcher installed. but he cant download a mod pack. it wont download no matter what. throw any ideas/solutions you got at me please.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
hello, my friend is trying to play ftb ultimate. he can download the exe from the site. he runs on a windows computer. he gets the launcher installed. but he cant download a mod pack. it wont download no matter what. throw any ideas/solutions you got at me please.

Try using the .jar version? IDK, honestly, sounds like a tech problem, and you need logs for that.

End even then, we might not be able to help.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Disable firewalls and anti-viruses.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Can somebody help silly old me with how IC2's obscurator works? I know that shift-rightclicking something sets the obscurator to that block texture, but afterwards I can't seem to figure out how to actually apply that texture to anything.

milkdrinker7

Jul 29, 2019
Why can I no longer craft advanced circuits in the ultimate pack with silicon plates and/or electrum? I also can't make normal circuits with aluminium and electrum like I used to. The game recently asked me to update the modpack, and after that this stuff stopped working. What went wrong?

Darknesschaos

Jul 29, 2019
Why can I no longer craft advanced circuits in the ultimate pack with silicon plates and/or electrum? I also can't make normal circuits with aluminium and electrum like I used to. The game recently asked me to update the modpack, and after that this stuff stopped working. What went wrong?

Check NEI, Gregtech changed a bunch of recipies around.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
th_2013-05-31_143458.png

I'm trying to set up this storage system where I have a single enderchest --- seen left of square --- that is connected to my ender pouch. The idea is that I go mining or whatever and I just dump everything into my pouch and it gets sorted, but I have no idea how to do this with only one chest feeding into on sorting machine. Every wall has one router, and every wall except one will have 2 sorting machines and this is where I get stuck, connecting two sorting machines to one wall while still allowing it o move on to the next wall to be sorted and so on so forth.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
The idea is that I go mining or whatever and I just dump everything into my pouch and it gets sorted, but I have no idea how to do this with only one chest feeding into on sorting machine.
You will need more than one sorting machine. Set the first to sort as many things as it can with destination colours that are directly connected with pneumatic tubes. Set the mode to the one that has full stacks and a default other colour. Attach a second sorting machine that is connected via that colour, and use that to sort another set of items to a separate set of destinations, etc.

Skyswimsky

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming you have a BIG base, is there a way to change a musicdisc out on some central device and then the music gets played everywhere(some sort of electronic speakers or something similiar)? Using Ultimate 1.1.2.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming you have a BIG base, is there a way to change a musicdisc out on some central device and then the music gets played everywhere(some sort of electronic speakers or something similiar)? Using Ultimate 1.1.2.
You can copy music discs with MFR. Build some kind of logic (maybe CC controlled), that changes several spread out jukeboxes to the same disc at the same time.

Reactions: Whovian

Sam6555

Jul 29, 2019
How much uranium do you need? Bees will get you plenty, but you can't get them without becoming a decent beekeeper first (quite a bit of a time investment) - radioactive ones are fairly high-tier. Start out by getting imperial and industrious bees, as you'll know if you want to continue after that, and they're the first real "milestone".

Looking to make uranium to supply autocrafting of Ultimate Hybrids in my AE system. Also I guess I would prefer the bee route to auto-mining so I'm more prepared in the future, perhaps.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, that's exactly what got me started on bees, too: you need more then a stack of uranium per solar, so other then strip mining half the server there's just no other way.

The catch, if you could call it that, is that you'll end up with bees producing all the other materials required too. The only ones they can't give you are UU and iridium, but after a few solars are done you'll end up with enough EU that neither of those are a problem. Valuable bees can, however, produce platinum.

apeiorn2

Jul 29, 2019
speaking of bees, i have been breeding bees and stumbled upon "iron bees" and have been unable to find out what branch they are in... i figured maybe they are a new (or old) name for rusty bees... but if that is the case, does that mean that the ultimate extra bees version is outdated, or are the wiki's outdated?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, I managed four questions in a row so far that didn't receive an answer without me having to bump them. =/

Let's see if I can make it five:

Has anyone played with Thaumcraft 3.05 on a 1.5.2 multiplayer server? If so, do the arcane levitators, and the new thaumostatic harness, work fine for you? We're suddenly getting kicked for unauthorized flying, even when using the levitator which worked fine in 1.4.7 regardless of server settings.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, I managed four questions in a row so far that didn't receive an answer without me having to bump them. =/

Let's see if I can make it five:

Has anyone played with Thaumcraft 3.05 on a 1.5.2 multiplayer server? If so, do the arcane levitators, and the new thaumostatic harness, work fine for you? We're suddenly getting kicked for unauthorized flying, even when using the levitator which worked fine in 1.4.7 regardless of server settings.

No, you'd get kicked for a levitator too, but the time you're on it is key.

That's from experience, but it was a long time ago.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, seconding Jess' answer. Can't speak for 1.5.x, but back on 1.4.7 I was getting kicked for unauthorised flying if I was on a levitator too long.

Tauro

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way using AE to feed bees into alvearies? It seems the stats of bees prevent them from being pulled out of my storage

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, thanks. Guess it's a feature, not a bug.

Annoying that I have to disable cheat protection just to make Thaumcraft work properly.