Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently trying to power a pump with a bunch of redstone engines, but for some reason when I hook it up my redstone engine with wooden conductive pipes it won't go at all. Any help?
Wooden conductive pipes don't receive energy from redstone engines. This was a change made a few versions ago. Hook your engines directly to your pump, that works.

Incendiary

Jul 29, 2019
Ah okay, I think I knew that at one point but forgot because I haven't used redstone engines in a while. But does that mean there is no way to hook up more than 4 redstone engines to a pump?

Incendiary

Jul 29, 2019
Okay another thing, Gold to Iron Minum stoning isn't working for me since the update, but it's still in the recipes?

ttamnedlog

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running a small server (FTB Ultimate) for me and a few friends. If we update our clients to the new recommended build when the launcher prompts to do so, will we still be able to connect to the server, which I have not updated? In fact, I don't even know what version of Ultimate my server is. How can I tell?

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running a small server (FTB Ultimate) for me and a few friends. If I/they update clients to the new recommended build when the launcher prompts to do so, will we still be able to connect to my server (which I have not updated; in fact, I don't even know what version of Ultimate my server is)?

No. 1.0.1 was stable for a quite long time, so you probably didn't have chance to update.

ttamnedlog

Jul 29, 2019
No. 1.0.1 was stable for a quite long time, so you probably didn't have chance to update.

Thanks for the fast reply! I'll stick with 1.0.1 then, assuming that's what I've got for my server. It's a miracle I got my friends to play with me. I'm not about to mess with anything now haha.

minusthedrifter

Jul 29, 2019
Wooden conductive pipes don't receive energy from redstone engines. This was a change made a few versions ago. Hook your engines directly to your pump, that works.

Whoa, whoa, whoa wait what? Does that also mean I don't need a redstone engine to pull items from a chest with a wooden transport pipe? Or does this change only apply to the conductive versions?

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
Whoa, whoa, whoa wait what? Does that also mean I don't need a redstone engine to pull items from a chest with a wooden transport pipe? Or does this change only apply to the conductive versions?

It only applies to wooden conductive pipes. Redstone engines just can't power your energy network anymore.

forrest

Jul 29, 2019
had an update today, if its relevant I play mindrack pack, what does it contain/where do I find details on what just happened?

Roflwaffle

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to disable the generation of xycraft crystals in a server world?
I have changed the config but it reverts it and continues to generate them.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
had an update today, if its relevant I play mindrack pack, what does it contain/where do I find details on what just happened?
Since it just happened, there may not be much out there, but there's a whole sub-section of these forums just for mod pack updates, so I'd keep an eye on that.[DOUBLEPOST=1369697356][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is there a way to disable the generation of xycraft crystals in a server world?
I have changed the config but it reverts it and continues to generate them.
Not without disabling xycraft. I believe pretty much all the xycraft config does at the moment is assign block IDs.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I have an ME Pattern encoded to turn 1 Quartz Dust into 1 Silicon, placed in an ME Interface above a Powered Furnace. I have an ME Import Bus on the back of the furnace. I have all sides of the Powered Furnace set to a silver hole. The ME Crafting Monitor says it's trying to make a Silicon but it isn't putting Quartz Dust into the Powered Furnace. Any ideas? The ME Import Bus is pulling the results out if I place anything in manually. I've tried all the colours on the top side of the Powered Furnace. I have dust in my ME storage, the furnace has power, and I have one Pattern Provider and one CPU in my Molecular Assembler. The Carpenter next to it is working fine with making stuff on demand.
Back of the machines (Powered Furnace is the one in the middle):
2013-05-28_02.09.00.jpg

Incendiary

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so I'm trying to set up a server for the ultimate pack, but I'm encountering two issues: I just updated to 1.1.2 and I don't know how to check what version the server is on but I assumed it would be the same, but when I try to connect I get the error "The mods and versions listed below could not be found. They are required to play on this server. ImmibisCore: 52.4.4 ChickenChunks 1.3.1.1 ExtrabiomesXL: 3.10.0, Now I know I use ChickenChunks and ExtraBiomes so I figure it must just be a version difference, can anyone help me out here?

The other issue is probably more minecraft server related than FTB, but I can connect (connect meaning reach the server, I can't actually join due to the previous error) on my local IP, but not my external IP, I've gone through portforwarding it and yougetsignal.com says the port is open. In the past Minecraft Version incompatibilities have resulted in me not reaching my server before so I was wondering if this could be a result of the same issue with a FTB version incompatibility or if I'm just doing something wrong.

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
I have an ME Pattern encoded to turn 1 Quartz Dust into 1 Silicon, placed in an ME Interface above a Powered Furnace. I have an ME Import Bus on the back of the furnace. I have all sides of the Powered Furnace set to a silver hole. The ME Crafting Monitor says it's trying to make a Silicon but it isn't putting Quartz Dust into the Powered Furnace. Any ideas? The ME Import Bus is pulling the results out if I place anything in manually. I've tried all the colours on the top side of the Powered Furnace. I have dust in my ME storage, the furnace has power, and I have one Pattern Provider and one CPU in my Molecular Assembler. The Carpenter next to it is working fine with making stuff on demand.
Back of the machines (Powered Furnace is the one in the middle):
2013-05-28_02.09.00.jpg

Hmmm, I don't know of any reason why that wouldn't work.
Maybe try a different type of furnace just to see what happens? Maybe an IC2 variant or even a vanilla furnace? You may have to move the import bus to the side, I'm not sure. But at least that would help you determine if the problem is with the furnace or with the ME interface.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

The top side of the furnace should be set to input (blue). I'm not sure why that isn't working for you. Make sure that once you set it to blue, remove the external crafting pattern from the interface, then delete the queued up crafting job, then re-insert the pattern, then queue up a new job.

Failing that, move the interface one block up and place a single Buildcraft pipe (cobblestone will do) between it and the furnace.

CovertJaguar

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft adds those? Why would a mod that focuses on the vanilla minecart system need geodes? Seems a bit like adding world gen just for the sake of it (like Redpower). Those blocks just look like a RP basalt replacement.

Got nothing against a mod adding worldgen, but only if it's actually needed by something in that mod.

You'll notice that all my world gen spawns in very specific locations. Now ask yourself, how are you going to travel between those locations? See, reason to the madness!