Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
There was a better storage mod posted a few pages back. This just adds a new type of placeable backpack and a copy of Factorization's Barrels.
It's can be used as backpacks and barrels but is more like portable chests. Easier to find things than backpacks you can mouse over to see what's inside it and shift click to move items out. And easier to move than barrels them than using a gravity gun you can just break and move them with out loosing the items inside.

Reactions: benben500

Vermillion

Jul 29, 2019
It also has a huge pile of exploits and no forge ore dictionary support for other mods. (e.g. you can't use railcraft/gregtech steel for the recipes)

WhiteKnightGaming

Jul 29, 2019
I found this mod a little while ago: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1593704-152147-underground-biomes/

It helps break up the monotony of mining and adds a lot of new building materials. I was curious to see what others thought of the mod. I currently use it with the Ultimate mudpack and there doesn't seem to be any issues that I could see. The mod author seems engaged with the community and would probably try to fix any compatibility issues that might be encountered.

EDIT: Come to think of it there is one thing that might irk some people. The stone/cobblestone added in this mod cannot be used directly in many of the recipes, vanilla minecraft included. You have to first convert the new cobble into vanilla using a 2x2 grid. If you can get past this minor step, I think many would have a good time with this mod.

Vermillion

Jul 29, 2019
I found this mod a little while ago: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1593704-152147-underground-biomes/

It helps break up the monotony of mining and adds a lot of new building materials. I was curious to see what others thought of the mod. I currently use it with the Ultimate mudpack and there doesn't seem to be any issues that I could see. The mod author seems engaged with the community and would probably try to fix any compatibility issues that might be encountered.
Apparently Underground Biomes and Forgotten Nature are merging with ExtraBiomes.

XxN4BxX

Jul 29, 2019

PyreBorn

Jul 29, 2019
Where did you get that info?
It's been discussed on all three forum topics and the Extrabiomes guys have a post looking for texture artists for the merge. I don't have the link on hand, but I think they'll be incorporated into EBXL 4?

WhiteKnightGaming

Jul 29, 2019
I asked Jeff and he said that Underground Biomes was indeed merging with ExtraBiomes XL 4 as he's the lead designer for it so I guess my suggestion is moot. Some of the new additions in 4 do look interesting. I hope everything goes well with the update.

agaricus

Jul 29, 2019

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
To make this mod (and possibly other jarmods) easier to install on servers you could use Jarmod2Coremod - will let you load Smart Moving's Player API dependency via a coremod, rather than having to tediously modify the server jar.
Not sure how this is applicable to this thread. This is for mods you would like to see added to a FTB pack. Server specific mods should probably have there won thread.

Reactions: agaricus
Status
Not open for further replies.