32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

stormkitster

Jul 29, 2019
I got a few things I want to check over and one problem. I use Optifine_HD_U_B5 and all the textures seem to be there minus a few on the back end i think that's the graviSuite mod area and some powders seem to be still grainy. But my biggest concern is I got a row of saplings and instead of sapling.png its fire i took some shots so you can have a look at what I am speaking about. its 6 shots hope you don't mind.
2012-11-19_040159.png

grainy textures.
2012-11-19_040203.png

Bottom one's look default compare to rest of the textures.
2012-11-19_040246.png

Powders look grainy
2012-11-19_040426.png

Portal guns are less resolution compare to the rest of the pack.
2012-11-19_040441.png

These saplings are on fire not showing correct textures?
If any of these are normal let me know, and if you can how can I fix the fire saplings I doubt there suppose to be like this.

Matthew Taylor

Jul 29, 2019
Same here i get white enderman and spiders but all other mobs are fine, Will all mods that are in FTB pack be textured? I think it would be a shame if they weren't and it would be a let down on all the work you have done so far.

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Same here i get white enderman and spiders but all other mobs are fine, Will all mods that are in FTB pack be textured? I think it would be a shame if they weren't and it would be a let down on all the work you have done so far.

Yes they will, it just takes time.

LazDude2012

Jul 29, 2019
I got a few things I want to check over and one problem. I use Optifine_HD_U_B5 and all the textures seem to be there minus a few on the back end i think that's the graviSuite mod area and some powders seem to be still grainy. But my biggest concern is I got a row of saplings and instead of sapling.png its fire i took some shots so you can have a look at what I am speaking about. its 6 shots hope you don't mind.

First, you should be using Optifine 1.4.2_HD_U_A7. This is the latest version available for 1.4.2.
Secondly, those powders are from GregTech, which is being done by someone else, and he'll throw you a link when he's done.
Thirdly, PortalGun isn't textured yet.

stormkitster

Jul 29, 2019
First, you should be using Optifine 1.4.2_HD_U_A7. This is the latest version available for 1.4.2.
Secondly, those powders are from GregTech, which is being done by someone else, and he'll throw you a link when he's done.
Thirdly, PortalGun isn't textured yet.

Thanks Laz for the information I was not sure that is why I posted pics. I'll get that version and give it a shot. Btw I mean't nothing bad by my post I absolutely love this Texture pack.

LazDude2012

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the three of us aren't texturing GregTech, as those who use low quality mods can have low quality textures. Jamesw40k is having a go at it though, so maybe you'll have GregTech at some point.

Reactions: kev12east

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019

Hmm, something seems strange there, as for one the Thermal Expansion ingots and dusts should be textured as I added those in a few weeks ago, and so should the saplings from Extra Biomes. I also notice that the custom font is not showing up in your pics, which if you haven't disabled customs fonts could signify that there's a problem with your optifine installation, however I'm not sure how this would cause certain mod textures not to work as forge includes support for hd texture packs. There also should be Faithful textures for Portal Gun included, however they haven't been updated for a while, so the chances are the texture path has changed which would cause those not to appear.

stormkitster

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, something seems strange there, as for one the Thermal Expansion ingots and dusts should be textured as I added those in a few weeks ago, and so should the saplings from Extra Biomes. I also notice that the custom font is not showing up in your pics, which if you haven't disabled customs fonts could signify that there's a problem with your optifine installation, however I'm not sure how this would cause certain mod textures not to work as forge includes support for hd texture packs. There also should be Faithful textures for Portal Gun included, however they haven't been updated for a while, so the chances are the texture path has changed which would cause those not to appear.

yeah I have custom fonts disabled.You said the texture paths might have changed?Would you have a solution into fixing this if that's the case?Something maybe I can try and see if it works or not?

I even changed to optfine 1.4.2_HD_U_A7 the saplings are still fire textures.

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
yeah I have custom fonts disabled.You said the texture paths might have changed?Would you have a solution into fixing this if that's the case?Something maybe I can try and see if it works or not?

I even changed to optfine 1.4.2_HD_U_A7 the saplings are still fire textures.

What's the item ID on the saplings? And does the fire texture move? Or is it static? And we would have to fix the portal gun path change. It's simple and won't take long.

stormkitster

Jul 29, 2019
What's the item ID on the saplings? And does the fire texture move? Or is it static? And we would have to fix the portal gun path change. It's simple and won't take long.

Let me grab those Id's for you. Sorry it took so long but New update with the launcher wasn't loading mods so I had to fix that issue.

The id's and names are :
Balsa Sapling 13415
Sequoia sapling 13415
Larch sapling 13415
Cherry sapling 13415
Lime sapling 13415

Seems all there id's are the same,how can I fix this problem and they appear as animated fire icons where the sapling texture should be, yeah the fire moves.

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
Right I have included the latest Faithful Portal Gun textures, so they should work with FTB now, and as far as those saplings go, they're part of Forestry, but I believe the reason they show up as fire is Sengir hasn't fully implimented them yet (remember the version of Forestry in FTB is a beta), and there's not really anything we can do to fix that ATM. The only way to obtain them is to spawn them in through NEI anyway, and I wouldn't recommend using them at the moment as they cause world corruption.

As for the white endermen and spiders, it seems MC has changed the way some of the mob textures are mapped, and John Smith himself hasn't fully updated his original texture pack to properly support everything 1.4 added (You may notice things like carrots-on-sticks don't have JS textures). For an interim soloution, I have removed the spider and enderman textures from the pack, so the default textures should be used instead until a better solution can be found.

stormkitster

Jul 29, 2019
OK thanks, I wasn't planning on using them anyways just was curious that's all. Exellent work sofar though it is looking great. Only other thing I notice is that some parts of the machine gui's I'm guessing that is called are not really visable till u run the mouse over them, Ex: Electric engines the socket area is invisible and you only know its there when you put mouse on it? I could take a shot if you like.

Edit: Post Image of the problem:
2012-11-20_190112.png

There is suppose to be little box on the left side for the Socket area.