32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
I see that it is a 32x and looks great now but i was wondering if there will be a 64x or 128x?

If not still a great texture pack.

JohnSmith has no plans for 64x or 128x as far as I know, so no, there won't be a higher res version.

LazDude2012

Jul 29, 2019
@Lawbroken: Honestly, I love the 32x-ness of JohnSmith, and consider it a feature, not a bug. Minecraft is a game about 1-metre cubes, it makes sense to be at least slightly pixellated. Anything higher than 64x (and even that's pushing it) just isn't Minecraft enough.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
@Lawbroken: Honestly, I love the 32x-ness of JohnSmith, and consider it a feature, not a bug. Minecraft is a game about 1-metre cubes, it makes sense to be at least slightly pixellated. Anything higher than 64x (and even that's pushing it) just isn't Minecraft enough.

everyone likes minecraft for different reasons ;)

LazDude2012

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed. I guess it wouldn't be Minecraft if you couldn't have every single thing according to your whims. :p It's the coolest part.

Kyonai

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else have any problems with the cross hair in this texture pack? Only issue I have, the thing is TOO DAMN SMALL! Other than that, fantastic texture pack!

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I like the style of the textures, but I found some problems with it.

First, zombies textures are completely messed up, the head in the feets and some blanks on the behind.
Secondly, some mods, like forestry, have only partial support, making some items go purple square (bees, frames, impregnated casing, ice capsules, wax cast)

All of the new IC2 ones also have this problem.

Anyway, really nice textures for the rest, so I hope it updates soon.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
I like the style of the textures, but I found some problems with it.

First, zombies textures are completely messed up, the head in the feets and some blanks on the behind.
Secondly, some mods, like forestry, have only partial support, making some items go purple square (bees, frames, impregnated casing, ice capsules, wax cast)

All of the new IC2 ones also have this problem.

Anyway, really nice textures for the rest, so I hope it updates soon.

Agreed.
And most of the forrestry textures are in 8bit as standard, certain colored wood types are, as are colored glasses.

icedale

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else have any problems with the cross hair in this texture pack? Only issue I have, the thing is TOO DAMN SMALL! Other than that, fantastic texture pack!

Heh, oddly enough I developed a taste for small crosshairs. I like this one :) Usually when the texture pack doesn't have a small one (no pun intended) I change it to a smaller size or even just a dot.

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone who is having trouble with Forestry, some of the problems with it have been fixed in the past few days, so all items and blocks should have some sort of texture now rather than a purple square. I'll have to have a look at the IC2 stuff and see what's up with that.

Regarding the zombie textures, I believe the texture layout for them changed for 1.4, I'll have to check the JS thread to see if there's a fix for it, however the main problem with this is it will break compatibility with MC 1.2.5, however I doubt many will be using that for much longer.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
You could also make a specific download for 1.2.5 (the current one) and focus your work on the newest versions of each mods to keep up with all those not playing tekkit.

Well, that is only my personal opinion, but a texture pack that is up-to-date will always find its public, even more when it has a good feel like this one.

I personally like this one, doku-style, and pureBD, the middle one being far outdated now.
It really is nice to see texture packs taking mods into account nowadays, so keep up the good work.

admiral0

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm tried from gdrive && dropbox. Both give me violet squares on bees. (meadows) Is it extrabees or forestry?

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I thought Zic had fixed those, but it appears not to be the case, I'll see what I can do ;)

EDIT: Should now have the latest Faithful bee textures for 1.4.2 in the Google Drive.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, yeah, while I am asking for improvements, is it possible to make the font a little more readable?
I mean that some of the texts are quite hard to read, rei's minimap coordinates are a good example, but even some numbers can easily be mistaken, thus loosing time reading them a second time to be certain. Might only be me though.