Old Adeptcraft - A collection of memories

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
Its cool to have more ram, but often its also the cpu which is bottle necking the system. At least its like this on my side.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Its cool to have more ram, but often its also the cpu which is bottle necking the system. At least its like this on my side.

Seeing as a few pages back I had said I just upgraded my Mobo and CPU that I would later be upgrading my Memory and OS I think I have that part of the bottle neck addressed at this time.[DOUBLEPOST=1366360629][/DOUBLEPOST]
Welp.

I am in a HUGELY bad mood.

Something nasty happen.

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
ah well i just skipped through the thread looking at the few posted bases and reading the last 2 pages so i didnt notice ;)

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
On my end its the lack of decent graphics card. For others it's the lack of RAM, for you it's the lack of CPU power. Minecraft is quite the intensive game, especially with mods installed, one cannot just point to a single aspect and say "THIS IS THE BOTTLENECK!" because, in 2/3 of cases, you will be wrong.

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
Well yeah, I just wanted to make the point that its mostly not enough to buy 4 GB RAM more and allocate it, because its not only the RAM which is highly needed by this piece of shitty code.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I have 6gb of ram and a dual core 2.3Ghz processor. I get shitty fps. Integrated intel graphics shite.
It's a combination of things that makes minecraft such a resource heavy beast, for me the bottleneck is my lack of decent GFX card and I think it's kinda silly to say it's "mostly" anything as if you have some sort of data about everyone who is struggling with playing MC.

nomer888

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I don't know about you guys, but it's pretty fun getting great(100+) to moderate(40+) FPS nearly everywhere. As an owner of an EVGA GeForce GTX 670 Superclocked+ w/4GB DDR5 memory, I can pretty much run any game at any setting. Having 16GB of RAM allows me to open any application within seconds, if not instantly. The only downside of my setup is my hard drive and processor, having an Intel Core i7 970 @ 2.67GHz is a struggle with compiling Team Fortress 2 maps. Having a 457.7GB hard drive isn't really comforting, especially when you are a level designer and you have to have a lot of space for custom content, tools, and maps. I'd finally like to address, "Nomer loves dick. He loves sucking it all day. Dicks in his face everywhere. Anal with dicks. He just can't get enough DICK." -ace5000

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Seeing as a few pages back I had said I just upgraded my Mobo and CPU that I would later be upgrading my Memory and OS I think I have that part of the bottle neck addressed at this time.[DOUBLEPOST=1366360629][/DOUBLEPOST]

Something nasty happen.

Yeah, my day hadn't gone good and people literally wouldn't stop being ignorant.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
My plans took quite a hit yesterday, when I learned about MFR spawners being disabled.
Was kind of counting on my cows to provide me with a bit of bonemeal for my farms, and occasionally some blaze rods when needed. That sounded like a lot of fun to put in place, and I did not want to put other soul shards in my base, to keep the mob count to a reasonable level.

Good thing I didn't make the whole setup before finding about it though. It will cost me less emeralds and diamonds that way.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, my day hadn't gone good and people literally wouldn't stop being ignorant.

You can never stop the Derp.

As someone that has a job that is basically 96% talking to Derp so Derpy that you start to wonder how the human race did not kill it self when if figured out how make fire. I can understand.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with you their shoop. My job I have to clean up after a lot of derp and take a lot of it if they even notice me

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I found an abandoned base on *a* server today. Looted the hell out of it and blew up the reactor.

Also I can get a proper, not stolen from Pahimar and recolored skin! What should it be do you think?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I found an abandoned base on *a* server today. Looted the hell out of it and blew up the reactor.

Also I can get a proper, not stolen from Pahimar and recolored skin! What should it be do you think?

what kind of skin are you looking for I might be able to help. I do simple edits from time to time. My current skin is one such heavily edited skin.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Ya that doesn't sound good and also how do you know it was abandoned. The player could have been busy

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
what constitutes abandoned? No player there at the time? If so then mine and Linda's base is currently abandoned as neither of us is online right now.