Old Adeptcraft - A collection of memories

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Its not the chunk, its only 1 block in the spawnroom which doesnt update its lightvalues untill you force it to do so. The easiest way to locate the block is to make it dark and try to see the center of the light, then go and place a block in this center, break it and boom - darkness.

I went around checking blocks there are multiple broken light level areas and they break both ways.

Place block BAM update break it and flip the switch and it breaks again. I spent a good two hours working on possible ways to fix this. I even filled the whole room up and re dig it out and still the lighting bug stays.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Its not the chunk, its only 1 block in the spawnroom which doesnt update its lightvalues untill you force it to do so. The easiest way to locate the block is to make it dark and try to see the center of the light, then go and place a block in this center, break it and boom - darkness.
Had that bug once, too - but even repeated placing and breaking of blocks did not correct this. Whenever the block in question was in place, everything was (as intended) dark. Breaking that block, still everything stayed dark. But as soon as the lighting situation changed (placing a torch, or removing another) that same spot stayed lit again, just as before. I'd say the light engine has a hiccup there. But, tbh, that bug only once got me, never experienced it again since then. =)

[edit]
Yeah, basically

Place block BAM update break it and flip the switch and it breaks again. I spent a good two hours working on possible ways to fix this. I even filled the whole room up and re dig it out and still the lighting bug stays.

this.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, but a portal gun is awesome because you get the functionality of the gravity gun and you get portals.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
if all you want to do is move some things around, making a portal gun over a grav gun is needlessly stupid

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
But like I said, a portal gun has portals AND the functionality of a grav gun. sure, if you only want to move stuff around then a portal gun is stupid.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
yeah I know that, but a gravity gun works for that and doesn't cost a nether star.
Sorry, I had a reading comprehension fail.

I read "making a portal gun over a grav gun..." as "making a portal gun or a grav gun..."

Although, I would never make a portal gun, to expensive and far to common in dungeons.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
You guys are not really just argueing over wether or not someone has a spare nether star or not, do you? ;)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So I pulled the trigger up upgrading to win7 64bit and dropped in some more ram.

But it seems the launcher hates me and will not download the packs. So it might be a bit before I get to do anything.