Old Adeptcraft - A collection of memories

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
LOL ya when I saw that I had to laugh. Ironicly on my ssp world I just went to the neather today and as usual it spawns me on a little 1 block ledge next to a gast so thank goodness I made iron armor before hand.

Jerome Asich

Jul 29, 2019
It's raiding time!
Poppy and jump, AWAY!!![DOUBLEPOST=1366407214][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh man, serious mode :p

Jerome, what exactly is banned/nerfed on the server? I know you boosted a few things and disabled a few others, but I'd like it if you put a list up somewhere :)
Let's see... Nuclear power is doubled, output wise. Mystacraft, Xeno's Reliquary, and EE3 are removed and cannot be used at all on the server. Modular Powersuits uses IC2 recipes. MFR harvesters search in a larger (not sure exactly) area for trees, vertically and radially. I THINK that is it, or at least, that is all that comes to mind.[DOUBLEPOST=1366428140][/DOUBLEPOST]
Alright Jerome.

Here are the specifics

I play on a server and the map is copied from another server the owner runs. Now, not all are whitelisted on this second server. So I managed to find the house on the copied map and upon asking it was a non-inhabited on the second server and so we took the goods out of it.

The reactor was one core and was in reinforced stone. Did no damage.

Sadly I doubt I'll even be able to play on AdeptCraft, the mem leak..
If this is true, I will re-whitelist you. I DO take griefing very, very seriously.

Reactions: jumpfight5

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I wish I could have a motherfreaking gaming computer appear tonight in my room. With a monitor and keyboard and a mouse, and a Obsidian 650D Case and other nice stuff.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I wish I could have a motherfreaking gaming computer appear tonight in my room. With a monitor and keyboard and a mouse, and a Obsidian 650D Case and other nice stuff.

Have you tried selling your soul to computer Satan?

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
*sobs*
When servers get crowded, chunkloaders get banned.
When things get banned, people grief.
When people grief, people rush.
When people rush, they finish the game.
When people finish the game, they leave.
When people leave, servers die.
When servers die, work is lost.
When work is lost, people get so frustrated and they try to avoid SMP, and play SSP on a laggy laptop, then get it overheated and lose the ability to play FTB at any meaningful FPS and have to restart their computer and remove everything from it, including documents and pictures and wait to see if it works and then find out it doesn't work and get mad and then try to get a gaming computer and realize the huge investment they will have to make and end up chilling on the forums with framerate lag on Google Chrome with two tabs open.
*sobs*
so crowded servers= never playing FTB again? Well then, we're screwed

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
*sobs*
When servers get crowded, chunkloaders get banned.
When things get banned, people grief.
When people grief, people rush.
When people rush, they finish the game.
When people finish the game, they leave.
When people leave, servers die.
When servers die, work is lost.
When work is lost, people get so frustrated and they try to avoid SMP, and play SSP on a laggy laptop, then get it overheated and lose the ability to play FTB at any meaningful FPS and have to restart their computer and remove everything from it, including documents and pictures and wait to see if it works and then find out it doesn't work and get mad and then try to get a gaming computer and realize the huge investment they will have to make and end up chilling on the forums with framerate lag on Google Chrome with two tabs open.
*sobs*

Yeah I do really agree with your point of view here.

Like I don't think crowded always manes chunkloaders get banned. And server admins ban many things so before they even lunch the server.
I don't think banned items autmaticly lead to greifing. If that was true the fact that stuff like EE and Xeno's turned off on Adept would mean we should have lots of greifing which we dont.
I dont think griefers make people rush if anything it makes people leave.
Finish the game is point of view and not something vary many people aim for on servers.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I do really agree with your point of view here.

Like I don't think crowded always manes chunkloaders get banned. And server admins ban many things so before they even lunch the server.
I don't think banned items autmaticly lead to greifing. If that was true the fact that stuff like EE and Xeno's turned off on Adept would mean we should have lots of greifing which we dont.
I dont think griefers make people rush if anything it makes people leave.
Finish the game is point of view and not something vary many people aim for on servers.
Yea, that's probably not like "The General Trend of a Server"
It's more of a "The General Trend of Servers Jump Has Attended" :p

But my logic is that no chunkloaders means you'll have to wait online, sometimes chunk loaders work only when you're online, even if not loading that chunk.
People will get bored of working on stuff because they need that X to centrifuge, so then they'll go out and take other people's X or just ruin their house. Or just kinda go through their storing room and take as they please :p
Maybe I could replace/add it with "dupe". Sounds reasonable, too.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, that's probably not like "The General Trend of a Server"
It's more of a "The General Trend of Servers Jump Has Attended" :p

But my logic is that no chunkloaders means you'll have to wait online, sometimes chunk loaders work only when you're online, even if not loading that chunk.
People will get bored of working on stuff because they need that X to centrifuge, so then they'll go out and take other people's X or just ruin their house. Or just kinda go through their storing room and take as they please :p
Maybe I could replace/add it with "dupe". Sounds reasonable, too.
Why not hold the person be responsible? Rather than setting rules for everyone, just don't let dicks be dicks. :/

Reactions: jumpfight5

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
What is such a huge deail about waiting?

the reason chunkloaders get ban in many cases is there over use. People doing stuff like chunk loading there whole base instead of just the are they need to load. Like I know my buddy Sir Derps a lot he would load everything from him base edge to 128 out on all sides. for no good reason.

Jerome Asich

Jul 29, 2019
Responsible Chunkloading should be a mandatory course before you start playing FTB servers.
Chunkload responsibly and we will never have problems lol. Really, there isn't anything you guys could do to get chunkloaders banned. If they are misused, I will find the chunkloaders I think are causing a problem (like loading 2 billion cobble on the ground) and remove them. Or the region file, if it's serious, such as say, 2 billion cobble.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Chunkload responsibly and we will never have problems lol. Really, there isn't anything you guys could do to get chunkloaders banned. If they are misused, I will find the chunkloaders I think are causing a problem (like loading 2 billion cobble on the ground) and remove them. Or the region file, if it's serious, such as say, 2 billion cobble.
That poor person all my poor cobble how will I replace it. That said I do agree with all of you the person or person's should take responsibility for their actions but that is not always the case because too many Idiots tend to ruin a village

Reactions: Technician

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
so I don't know how this happened.

I have no spawnable areas anywhere inside my village. Everything is walled off and lit up. Only risk factor is my mine and that is barred off by fence gates (zombie proof) but I log in last night and my villagers doors and missing and they are all gone.

SO yeah.... got to make some more I got two hidden underground so I'm not totally lost but still what the hell happened. How did a zombie get into my village while I was off line then kill/convert all my villagers and everyone despawn?