Request Suggest mods for creation here

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
Central theme: Exp as an integral component in all crafting.
Inspiration: Minecraft.net has a thread discussing how to better utilize exp gathered from mobs.
Mod / modpack theme suggestions: Chemistry/biochemistry theme, alchemy/shamanistic theme, or a magic theme spin off of blood magic, but with exp.

Anyone who has ever played modded has ended up with an abundance of xp sitting around in an exp obelisk or thousands of chunks of mob xp laying around. Why not make it a central crafting component in a mod / modpack? Almost every recipe would require some form of experience, whether it is exp in the player's exp bar like creating a golden lasso, an exp chunk like those that drop from mobs, or a liquid exp essence.

Examples:
- In order to make a furnace, you need 8 cobble as usual and 1 exp level in your exp bar.
- In order to make a powered furnace, you need a furnace surrounded by 8 exp chunks (or 8 compressed exp chunks).
- In order to make an alloy smelter similar to enderio, you need to create 8 distill exp potions in a potion brewer and surround the powered furnace with them.

Now that you have the ability to create alloys, you can start making "Experium Alloy" (a fictious alloy made of exp chunks and iron), "Refined Experium Alloy" (a fictious alloy made from Experium alloy, distilled exp potions, and certus quartz), and "Quantum Experium Alloy" (a fictious alloy made from... you get the idea)

I offer this suggestion to anyone who wishes to develop the idea without requirement for credit. I am willing to help create a "tech tree" though if a mod dev would like to contact me. Happy crafting!

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Almost like what we call experience is like the activation energy required to make any physical changes in the world, such as getting things to stick together? Smelted stuff is in a lower energy/order state and so gives out XP, and crafting stuff is more ordered, and so requires energy?

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
Almost like what we call experience is like the activation energy required to make any physical changes in the world, such as getting things to stick together? Smelted stuff is in a lower energy/order state and so gives out XP, and crafting stuff is more ordered, and so requires energy?

There are lots of different ways to implement the idea and I think they could all be uniquely interesting. I could even see the idea used in a "cosmic" themed pack where you use the mob xp to craft cosmic essence and this essence (of varying qualities) being required for crafting. This idea makes me think of Astral Sorcery.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

deadscion

Mar 18, 2016
Vanilla/base code editing has never been cool even with the best of intentions. However, the more stuff Mojang adds with each new version, the more stuff there is to disagree with. I know MC 1.13.2 vanilla from testing requires the most CPU ram of any Minecraft version( have not tested 1.14 yet). This is due to added features and other inefficient programming. I would hope any base code edit here would look at reducing MC 1.13.2 version need for so much ram.

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
MOAR STAIRS!!!! Every single core building block should be able to be made into stairs. Dirt stairs, glass stairs, ice stairs, stairs made from ore picked up by silk touch (iron ore stairs), copper stairs, emerald stairs, etc etc etc etc you get the idea. At the very least, please add dirt stairs.

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
Central theme: Cross-dimensional technology management
Mod / modpack theme suggestions: Similar in concept to a gated-technology quest pack, a cross dimensional tech management pack would allow you to only use certain mods in certain dimensions and the "core difficulty" if figuring out how to optimize each mod across the dimensions.

Perhaps your starting world is a void and only can only use tinkers construct, ex nihlio and single block chests. You then build a portal to the next dimension and there you can use more advanced chests and/or storage drawers. It is clearly a hassle to move between dimensions all the time, so how do you move the ores cross-dimensionally? Then you build another portal the next dimension and you can start using a large scale strip mining operation, but you still have your primary storage in the other dimension and you need a different way of moving ores back from dim 3 to dim 2.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
MOAR STAIRS!!!! Every single core building block should be able to be made into stairs. Dirt stairs, glass stairs, ice stairs, stairs made from ore picked up by silk touch (iron ore stairs), copper stairs, emerald stairs, etc etc etc etc you get the idea. At the very least, please add dirt stairs.

You would like Carpenter's Blocks.

JC685

Feb 13, 2020
Anyone know of a decent wasteland mod? I know there are map changing ones, but that’s just the map. Are there any full blown ones with like mutant creatures and destructive deadly weather as well? Idk, radiation damage would be sweet too. If it doesn’t exist it should.

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
Extra Hoppers / More Hoppers

Normal Hopper - 5 iron and a chest (already in vanilla; slow speed is by design for the sake of redstone mechanisms)

Advanced Hopper - same as normal one but with gold, transmits items faster, perhaps one every 10th of a second (one redstone tick)

Enchanted Hopper - normal hopper crafted with a nether star: has the glowy enchanted effect; allows the hopper to interact with a player's inventory if the player is standing in the correct position (standing above it to pull items from the inventory, and standing where the output points for items to be inserted into the inventory.

Advanced Enchanted Hopper - advanced hopper crafted with a nether star: same as Enchanted Hopper but faster

One problem I see is the abuse of enchanted hoppers to steal items out of another player's inventory in pvp; but perhaps adding in a warning/option like "An enchanted hopper is attempting to interact with your inventory; allow? (y/n)" or something like that.

I know there are already mod items that allow things like this, but this idea is more of a vanilla-enhancing mod idea, rather than something to add to an already-huge pack. X3

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
A mod that adds a simple steam engine/turbine.
Essentially a configurable block that'll take X mB/t of steam to produce Y Rf/t of power.​

(Yes, there are some very cool steam turbines in 1.12- but they're all late game multiblocks, or come buried within another large mod. I'm looking for something small and sweet to make the jump from Steam-driven to Electric machines).

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
A mod that adds a simple steam engine/turbine.
Essentially a configurable block that'll take X mB/t of steam to produce Y Rf/t of power.​

(Yes, there are some very cool steam turbines in 1.12- but they're all late game multiblocks, or come buried within another large mod. I'm looking for something small and sweet to make the jump from Steam-driven to Electric machines).
I can think of lots of single-block steam turbines, but they're all in the large mods as you mentioned.
I wonder if this is something that goofy mod-making tool could do. MCCreator or w/e. Also: I suspect its one of the easier things to start with if you ever wanted to learn modding.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I can think of lots of single-block steam turbines, but they're all in the large mods as you mentioned.
I wonder if this is something that goofy mod-making tool could do. MCCreator or w/e. Also: I suspect its one of the easier things to start with if you ever wanted to learn modding.

I should update this since I figured a fix a few days ago; I found some CT support for Forestry's engines- so I've reworked the Biogas Engine as a Steam Engine.

(If I get into modding, I'll probably do a steam engine mod of some kind- thanks for the idea)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I should update this since I figured a fix a few days ago; I found some CT support for Forestry's engines- so I've reworked the Biogas Engine as a Steam Engine.

(If I get into modding, I'll probably do a steam engine mod of some kind- thanks for the idea)
Like GwnG, I'm also surprised you could do this. Are you pleased with the end result? Did you bother re-localizing the machines so they don't say "Biogas" ?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I’d really like to see a simple klaxon mod.

Something that adds say the old sound from that IC2 nuclear add-on, perhaps a range of alarm sounds, and blocks to make them.