[1.10.2] Age of Engineering

C

Closet Gamer

I figured out the AE2 auto crafting problem, it's that damned Calculator mod again.

The Calculator machine 'Algorithm Separator' simply doesn't work reliably with AE2, I might need to have the AE2 pointing at a chest and use a conduits to shove items into in it and extract output back into self-same chest and then AE2 import bus to take items back into network from that chest, quite a bit of mussing about, but if needs must... Or I might just craft up a few thousand of the things that that it makes from RedStone and just do this manually every now and then.

The weird thing is, even if the stuff produced by this machine was in storage and available, any pattern that used something that this machine generates just doesn't craft. Simply putting the pattern for the Redstone Ingot (From Calculator) and Small Stone (From Calculator) (1 redstone = 2 x redstone ingots and 2 x small stone) as a processing pattern into an ME interface connected to the Algorithm separator shut down all of my carpenters, as they use these ingots, crafting requests would stay in the crafting CPU's without executing.

The moment I removed the pattern from the ME interface connected to the algorithm separator, everything began working again.

Placing comment here in case it's of any use to anyone.

Chalk this up to yet another bug in what frankly seems to me to be a bit of an unusual mod.

-= Wuffle =- !
Calculator has been the bane of my life in this pack. If it's not lagging circuit storage systems or angry greenhouses it's machines flipping out when they see an EnderIO wrench...

------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a shot of the basic AE2 CPU room processing a parallel processor job, Molecular assemblers are under the floor, I've added a machine room and storage room up on a new level.

I set up a crafting card on my inscriber for inserting silicon presses, and automated silicon fabrication, so you can see this job being kicked off by the crafting card.

I'll add more CPU blocks as time goes on.

nt85Lex.png

UHWLK0v.png

The AE2 Processor core also needs it's room built around it. I have a dense fluix cable as the network 'backbone' delivering a P2P output point supplying 32 channels to each area as needed.

A P2P point has been established from the IC2 Nuke room into the network, allowing delivery of EU anywhere that's needed.

I am now automating all the steps needed for big reactor components as there's going to be a LOT of these.

-= Wuffle =-

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Finally nearly finished the AOE2 controller room.

xcTrZXd.png

rJtY3KZ.png

Ki4WrB2.png

This setup is good for about 1800-1900 channels delivered via P2P, SubNetworks span to three sides of this room, to allow many P2P hubs to be assigned wherever needed into my tech tower that's beginning to take shape :)

Just a heads-up, the walls of this building are FUTURA blocks, with the ME controller texture pack.. Though I am researching much, much bigger designed for future AE2 controllers that I might need to put into space in the future...

@ClosetGamer

I agree, every issue I have encountered with this pack has been related to Calcualtor, but simply by not using the storage chambers, and being mindful of other quirks I came across, so far so good. My automation approach is crude and simplistic, but those Nether stars and End diamonds must be used elsewhere in the pack.. I know the End Diamonds are used in making NeoTech machines... of which I think i'll be making a lot...

-= Wuffle =- !

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Been busy with some spare time on my hands today....

Got Extreme/Big reactor up and running, now starting to produce the Blutonium. Luckily I had replicated a bunch of the RTG pellets
beforehand, used a LOT of UU Matter, which is now replenishing.

Got all the bits for the Quantum Solar Panel, only to realise that I'm a bit short of making the mighty Solar Panel worth about 4000EU/T, that central
component took a LONG time to make!

Also, got stuck into 'TechReborn', an interesting mod. To get there I had to automate refined iron production using NeoTech, an interesting mod that one!

Blew up a TechReborn rolling machine horribly when I connected it to my nearly 2000EU/T glass fibre cable (Learn to read Wuffle!).

Got the TechReborn Industrial Blast Furnace up and running and automated steel production, nice.

Found out that automating TechReborn Rolling Machine simply not possible, so left it in a corner with a couple of transformers taking 2048EU/T down
to 32 EU/T as I can't find out whether or not you can actually upgrade these machines, make a ton of coils and left it at that.

The Big Reactor generates about 11.5k RF/T when online, I have a capacitor 'wall' of EnderIO Vibrant Capacitors storing about 300 Million RF.

I will build all of the Tech Reborn MultiBlock machines, i'm sure that they'll come in handy for something! Next one will be the grinding machine.

On the EU Front I've built a few of the Ultimate Hybrid Solar panels, so EU production is ticking along nicely now.

Ki4WrB2.png

O3EQMqy.png

dfcgjUJ.png

This room will be updated to use Storage Busses and have many more storage drives installed later on, for now though it's perfectly adequate.

iM7je53.png

-= Wuffle =- !

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
C

Closet Gamer

Been busy with some spare time on my hands today....

Got Extreme/Big reactor up and running, now starting to produce the Blutonium. Luckily I had replicated a bunch of the RTG pellets
beforehand, used a LOT of UU Matter, which is now replenishing.

Got all the bits for the Quantum Solar Panel, only to realise that I'm a bit short of making the mighty Solar Panel worth about 4000EU/T, that central
component took a LONG time to make!

Also, got stuck into 'TechReborn', an interesting mod. To get there I had to automate refined iron production using NeoTech, an interesting mod that one!

Blew up a TechReborn rolling machine horribly when I connected it to my nearly 2000EU/T glass fibre cable (Learn to read Wuffle!).

Got the TechReborn Industrial Blast Furnace up and running and automated steel production, nice.

Found out that automating TechReborn Rolling Machine simply not possible, so left it in a corner with a couple of transformers taking 2048EU/T down
to 32 EU/T as I can't find out whether or not you can actually upgrade these machines, make a ton of coils and left it at that.

The Big Reactor generates about 11.5k RF/T when online, I have a capacitor 'wall' of EnderIO Vibrant Capacitors storing about 300 Million RF.

I will build all of the Tech Reborn MultiBlock machines, i'm sure that they'll come in handy for something! Next one will be the grinding machine.

On the EU Front I've built a few of the Ultimate Hybrid Solar panels, so EU production is ticking along nicely now.

Ki4WrB2.png

O3EQMqy.png

dfcgjUJ.png

This room will be updated to use Storage Busses and have many more storage drives installed later on, for now though it's perfectly adequate.

iM7je53.png

-= Wuffle =- !
I think RFTools control should be able to talk to the tech reborn rolling machine - if it has a slot ID it will work :) good opportunity to fiddle with another mod... Go on, spoil yourself ;)

------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: Closet Gamer

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Decided to set up some Teleportation, The EnderIO Telepad looks like fun :)

IIBiK5h.png

Then, discovered you need to fill it with 'Dew of the Void'...automating Enderman SoulVials and pulsating crystals was interesting, but with the AOE network now in full swing
didn't take long, I'll need to set my spawn room to grind up more XP and souls to top up my XP tanks. Not sure how much it uses per trip, but still very handy thing to have around if I need to go
back to the End or Nether (My Nether Portal is waaaay over at my old base, I never moved it, the noise is a little creepy and 'things' come out of it).

VERY Expensive to make soul vials....

EnderIO Fluid Conduits to the rescue, being able to send liquids anywhere is just brilliant.

The Porter device from RFTools ensures a quick trip home.

-= Wuffle =- !

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Decided to set up some Teleportation, The EnderIO Telepad looks like fun :)

IIBiK5h.png

Then, discovered you need to fill it with 'Dew of the Void'...automating Enderman SoulVials and pulsating crystals was interesting, but with the AOE network now in full swing
didn't take long, I'll need to set my spawn room to grind up more XP and souls to top up my XP tanks. Not sure how much it uses per trip, but still very handy thing to have around if I need to go
back to the End or Nether (My Nether Portal is waaaay over at my old base, I never moved it, the noise is a little creepy and 'things' come out of it).

VERY Expensive to make soul vials....

EnderIO Fluid Conduits to the rescue, being able to send liquids anywhere is just brilliant.

The Porter device from RFTools ensures a quick trip home.

-= Wuffle =- !
I've always wanted to have a go at doing a Telepad - they look very cool! :D How do you find using it? Is it pretty straightforward once its built?

Reactions: WuffleFluffy

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had any luck with automating TechReborn machines?

I'm using EnderIO conduits, Import busses etc.. and I can't seem to get these machine to play ball.

-= Wuffle =- !

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I've always wanted to have a go at doing a Telepad - they look very cool! :D How do you find using it? Is it pretty straightforward once its built?

Very much so, Rapid Teleportation to ANYWHERE, regardless of Dimension or Location, I use the Advanced Porter from RFTOOLS to teleport home, makes getting around the world so much simpler.

I used my AE2 network to make the telepads (you need 9 of them and they aren't cheap to make). You also need a Dialing Terminal.

The main issue is that not only do they need RF power, they also need something called 'Dew of the Void'.

STEPS BELOW:

You need to produce Nurtient Distilation, some time ago in an earlier age, I had set up a simple mob farm and a sugar farm to supply an EnderIO VAT with both items to make Nutrient Distillation, which I exported into my EnderIO network via Ender Fluid conduits.

You need to make and grind up Pulsating Crystals into 'Grains of Piezallity' (Not so bad) in an EnderIO Sag Mill, then.. you need to grind up Ender Crystals to make 'Grains of the End'... this can be easily achieved with a powered mob spawner (EnderMen) set to populate Soul Vials.

The Populated (EnderMan) Soul Vial is then combined with a Vibrant Crystal in the EnderIO Soul Binder machine, I automated this, but the drain on stored XP was non trivial, suggest an Experience Obelisk or something to store XP from mob farm, then pipe that XP fluid to the Soul Binder, walking around with a lot of XP is risky.

Grind up the Vibrant Crystal in a SAG Mil, you'll now have the two dusts needed.

Both of these dusts need to go into the VAT along with the Nutrient Distillation, when it makes 1000 MB use a bucket to get a bucket of the 'Dew of the Void', this is then used to set the filter properties of the Ender Fluid conduit.

I then put the VAT down next to my Nurtient Distillation VAT and that was that, set the fluid conduit to extract 'Dew of the Void' then enable the conduit on extract-only mode, then I plumbed the Ender Fluid conduit along to the Telepad and set it to insert 'Dew of the Void', job done.

However, the upside is that the Telepad uses only a little of this crazily expensive fluid per use, so making a dozen or so of each of those dusts will see you good for quite a long time.

The main thing I like about it is that its got a nice animation and sound effect, and you don't need any infrastructure at your destination, unlike the RFTOOLS teleporter.

Setting a destination is as simple as taking along some paper and the EnderIO 'Coordinate Selector', right clicking on the area you wish to have as a destination and then typing in a name in the prompt that appears, then when you get back to your telepad dialing terminal, simply right-click and then insert the coordinate item (it's paper but with a little red marker on it) and you will see the location appearing on the screen.

7cPQCLh.png

Then simply click on the location and BAM, away you go, complete with funky sounds and animation.

On another note, I built my T4 VOID Miner and though it would be a good idea to put 12 speed modifiers on it... it sure did eat up the power!

LXowlWk.png

-= Wuffle =- !

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Very much so, Rapid Teleportation to ANYWHERE, regardless of Dimension or Location, I use the Advanced Porter from RFTOOLS to teleport home, makes getting around the world so much simpler.

I used my AE2 network to make the telepads (you need 9 of them and they aren't cheap to make). You also need a Dialing Terminal.

The main issue is that not only do they need RF power, they also need something called 'Dew of the Void'.

STEPS BELOW:

You need to produce Nurtient Distilation, some time ago in an earlier age, I had set up a simple mob farm and a sugar farm to supply an EnderIO VAT with both items to make Nutrient Distillation, which I exported into my EnderIO network via Ender Fluid conduits.

You need to make and grind up Pulsating Crystals into 'Grains of Piezallity' (Not so bad) in an EnderIO Sag Mill, then.. you need to grind up Ender Crystals to make 'Grains of the End'... this can be easily achieved with a powered mob spawner (EnderMen) set to populate Soul Vials.

The Populated (EnderMan) Soul Vial is then combined with a Vibrant Crystal in the EnderIO Soul Binder machine, I automated this, but the drain on stored XP was non trivial, suggest an Experience Obelisk or something to store XP from mob farm, then pipe that XP fluid to the Soul Binder, walking around with a lot of XP is risky.

Grind up the Vibrant Crystal in a SAG Mil, you'll now have the two dusts needed.

Both of these dusts need to go into the VAT along with the Nutrient Distillation, when it makes 1000 MB use a bucket to get a bucket of the 'Dew of the Void', this is then used to set the filter properties of the Ender Fluid conduit.

I then put the VAT down next to my Nurtient Distillation VAT and that was that, set the fluid conduit to extract 'Dew of the Void' then enable the conduit on extract-only mode, then I plumbed the Ender Fluid conduit along to the Telepad and set it to insert 'Dew of the Void', job done.

However, the upside is that the Telepad uses only a little of this crazily expensive fluid per use, so making a dozen or so of each of those dusts will see you good for quite a long time.

The main thing I like about it is that its got a nice animation and sound effect, and you don't need any infrastructure at your destination, unlike the RFTOOLS teleporter.

Setting a destination is as simple as taking along some paper and the EnderIO 'Coordinate Selector', right clicking on the area you wish to have as a destination and then typing in a name in the prompt that appears, then when you get back to your telepad dialing terminal, simply right-click and then insert the coordinate item (it's paper but with a little red marker on it) and you will see the location appearing on the screen.

7cPQCLh.png

Then simply click on the location and BAM, away you go, complete with funky sounds and animation.

On another note, I built my T4 VOID Miner and though it would be a good idea to put 12 speed modifiers on it... it sure did eat up the power!

LXowlWk.png

-= Wuffle =- !
Awesome, cheers for the run-down dude! :) I think that's going to have to be a must-do next time I play a pack with EnderIO in it - that sounds as awesome as I'd imagined :D

Featherbrain

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem with IC2 everytime I go to the mining dimension, when I return the IC2 fibre cables don't connect with eachother. I have to restart the game to correct it.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem with IC2 everytime I go to the mining dimension, when I return the IC2 fibre cables don't connect with eachother. I have to restart the game to correct it.

Not a complete fix but should help most of the time is to keep that area chunk loaded at all times. It can be done for free with FTB utils, I can't remember if later versions added back in the chunk loaders normally available to the mods already in the pack.

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
ExU2 has the chunk loading ward for 3x3 loads. Be carefull with FTBUtils loader, many people are reporting random unloads when used over 25 chunks (50 is max advertised).

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Has anyone had any luck with automating TechReborn machines?

I'm using EnderIO conduits, Import busses etc.. and I can't seem to get these machine to play ball.

-= Wuffle =- !
ME Interfaces can put items into TechReborn machines from above (no idea if other sides work), and import buses can pull the output out from behind (no idea if other sides work). If it's a multiblock, attach the interface to the block defining the machine name. The output can then be pulled out from any direction.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
ME Interfaces can put items into TechReborn machines from above (no idea if other sides work), and import buses can pull the output out from behind (no idea if other sides work). If it's a multiblock, attach the interface to the block defining the machine name. The output can then be pulled out from any direction.

Heya!

Thanks, i'll give it a go :) Been away for a bit, working on some new buildings, will post updates soon :)

-= Wuffle =- !

A

ahtohio

Hello, can you please clarify me some things? I've enjoyed this pack a lot, got to something past calculator age. But with machines accumulation I got fps drops - when I look at my industrial craft machine lineup (all standart machines + nuke reactor), my fps drops from 60 to 40-45. Someone may say I have slow computer - i7 6700HQ, 12 GB RAM (4 to minecraft), nvidia 1060 (I have one video card, no intel based). I watched some letsplay series on this modpack and they have no problems. Am I doing something wrong or my comp is really not enough?

C

Closet Gamer

Hello, can you please clarify me some things? I've enjoyed this pack a lot, got to something past calculator age. But with machines accumulation I got fps drops - when I look at my industrial craft machine lineup (all standart machines + nuke reactor), my fps drops from 60 to 40-45. Someone may say I have slow computer - i7 6700HQ, 12 GB RAM (4 to minecraft), nvidia 1060 (I have one video card, no intel based). I watched some letsplay series on this modpack and they have no problems. Am I doing something wrong or my comp is really not enough?
Your pc is more than enough.

Try this: mod options > forge > client > threaded chunk rendering on

------------------------

A

ahtohio

Your pc is more than enough.

Try this: mod options > forge > client > threaded chunk rendering on

------------------------

Thank you for your answer. With this option enabled my fps returned to 60.
For testing purposes downloaded someone's almost final world map. Fps reduced to 45 in some places but it's much more stable with threaded chunk rendering. Guess it's inevitable, java is not so optimized.
Again, thanks for your help, I can play further on now)

Reactions: Closet Gamer
C

Closet Gamer

Thank you for your answer. With this option enabled my fps returned to 60.
For testing purposes downloaded someone's almost final world map. Fps reduced to 45 in some places but it's much more stable with threaded chunk rendering. Guess it's inevitable, java is not so optimized.
Again, thanks for your help, I can play further on now)
No worries man, glad I could help out :)

------------------------