[1.10.2] Age of Engineering

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I prefer using peridot dust for gathering magnesium dust, best bang for buck and time. But the guide did say you could get titanium on 2 of the moons, so I was a bit confused when that was not exactly the case. You can only get 1 of the 2 resources needed to craft titanium on 2 moons.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Can someone tell me what's in the pack for reasonably compact liquid storage? I miss the XU drums, and EnderIO tanks just don't cut it. I'm in Age 5 (and likely to remain there for quite some time :()

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
I prefer using peridot dust for gathering magnesium dust, best bang for buck and time. But the guide did say you could get titanium on 2 of the moons, so I was a bit confused when that was not exactly the case. You can only get 1 of the 2 resources needed to craft titanium on 2 moons.

Technically, since you can get Sapphire (which also drops Peridot) on the moons, you get both resources needed. And you still get Bauxite there, so the moons give you two ways to get Titanium, which is better than anywhere else. It does kinda imply that you'll find Titanium Ore, so I know what you mean though.

redcatone

Jul 29, 2019

Technically, since you can get Sapphire (which also drops Peridot) on the moons, you get both resources needed. And you still get Bauxite there, so the moons give you two ways to get Titanium, which is better than anywhere else. It does kinda imply that you'll find Titanium Ore, so I know what you mean though.

Actually, it is possible to get titanium from 2 moons directly. There is no "titanium ore" but there is rutile ore, which gives titanium when processed. The 2 moons orbit Saturn and Uranus, names should be fairly obvious when you see them.

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell me what's in the pack for reasonably compact liquid storage? I miss the XU drums, and EnderIO tanks just don't cut it. I'm in Age 5 (and likely to remain there for quite some time :()

The NeoTech Tanks are fairly cheap, but they void their contents if you move them. The Elite Tank stores 64 buckets. I think the EIO tanks are best for portable fluid storage.

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, it is possible to get titanium from 2 moons directly. There is no "titanium ore" but there is rutile ore, which gives titanium when processed. The 2 moons orbit Saturn and Uranus, names should be fairly obvious when you see them.

Yeah, we are referring to Rutile. You still need Magnesium to create Titanium though, which is why he said you need 2 resources to get it from the moon.

redcatone

Jul 29, 2019
The NeoTech Tanks are fairly cheap, but they void their contents if you move them. The Elite Tank stores 64 buckets. I think the EIO tanks are best for portable fluid storage.

They can actually keep their liquid contents if you use the neotech wrench to break it. Though it's not super clear that's how they work.

Reactions: Greystoke

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
I'm seeing a strange bug with the tape measure from AA. I'm seeing a wireframe, and not being able to adjust any of the color settings.
This doesn't happen immediately, just overtime. Something I'm doing in the pack, breaks its functionality. The only workaround is to completely close down Minecraft and reload, then delete the affected tape measure and cheat in a new one. Yet this too, over time, breaks its functionality.

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I finally got around to making the Vacuum Freezer. First of all, I really don't like Tech Reborn. Incomplete buggy nonsense. For example, if you use the TR Wrench to break the Vacuum Freezer machine, it becomes a different machine. Super annoying, especially because you apparently need a 3x3 multiblock connected to the Vacuum Freezer, but there is no info on where the Vacuum Freezer attaches to it.

Also, despite the note in Age 10 of Guide, the Vacuum Freezer does NOT need Ice Shards as fuel. As someone on the Discord pointed out, the recipe still needs one single Ice Shard. But that's it. You don't need any more than one Ice Shard. Hope you didn't get into bees just for that.

EDITED to show you still need one Ice Shard.

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
LOL... it amuses me how this pack makes the Diesel Generator into an early-game option. I've always liked Immersive Engineering - I love the style - and regretted that in most packs, many of its machines are too expensive at the time when their output would be most useful. So I'm looking forward to building lots of IE stuff.

What I like less is that some things are just ridiculously expensive for no apparent reason. I appreciate the complex crafting chains, that's why I'm playing this pack, but here's an example: it'll take 6-8 cloches to supply the Diesel Generator infrastructure with plant material, depending on which plants you use, and to make the AA Farmers you need to build those cloches requires more metal resources than all the rest of the Diesel Generator infrastructure put together, including the Industrial Squeezer, the Fermenter, the Refinery and the Generator itself.

Also, I still have not the slightest idea how I'm supposed to fight the Ender Dragon without being able to fly. I hate fighting to start with - IMO the only good fight is one where the outcome is a foregone conclusion with about as much effort on my part as "push the button" - or maybe "pull the trigger" - once! I guess I'll have to watch how DW20 does it - so far I've only watched him progress after I did it on my own - but he's way better at fighting than I am.

Last edited:

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019

Hi, There's a wrench that comes from NeoTech, if you shift-click with the wrench on the NeoTech tanks, they retain their liquids :) I learned this the hard way after filling up a large tank then breaking it with my pick-axe.

Confirmed that Shift Right clicking with the NeoTech Wrench DOES let you pick up the tank and DOES retain the liquid :)
Handy and fairly cheap to make tanks, I am not sure if they can be made to drain into other tanks though like ender tanks or the tanks from Thermal Expansion/Foundation.

Still handy to have though.

-Wuffle!

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I have just made it to the calculation age (I am very slow, just got over a bit of illness).

I am enjoying this pack a lot, I almost never used IC2 before (except for nukes in a previous pack), but am now using it heavily for ore doubling etc.

I've got basic RF generation going with windmill power and the HV Battery from Immersive Engineering and am about to automate my little farms.

It looks like I'll need to build into Oil generators from Actually Additions to get into the next run of the RF power to feed this huge energy sink that is the empowerer...

Any tips appreciated! I really want to get into IC2 nukes though, love those things.

What to people use for automated mining early on?

-Wuffle!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I have just made it to the calculation age (I am very slow, just got over a bit of illness).

I am enjoying this pack a lot, I almost never used IC2 before (except for nukes in a previous pack), but am now using it heavily for ore doubling etc.

I've got basic RF generation going with windmill power and the HV Battery from Immersive Engineering and am about to automate my little farms.

It looks like I'll need to build into Oil generators from Actually Additions to get into the next run of the RF power to feed this huge energy sink that is the empowerer...

Any tips appreciated! I really want to get into IC2 nukes though, love those things.

-Wuffle!
Aside from the usual Tinker's Hammer route, and before you get into Environmental Tech, I have seen one chap have some good results using AA's vertical digger. It can be set to mine all blocks or just ores, and by default (with no Phantom Boosters to increase the range) it does a 5x5 straight downwards. It looks like its not bad! Not super early, but earlier than many of the alternatives.

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019

-Wuffle!

Nobody knows how long you've been playing the pack. For all we know, you just started today, so no need to give excuses for being in the Calculation Age. :)

Someone has compiled a document listing tips and goals for each age.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MxHwK9dF2ZdpVEcz90cfb5F9fvqTvlUJC97e4BETAEA/edit

Reactions: WuffleFluffy

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Aside from the usual Tinker's Hammer route, and before you get into Environmental Tech, I have seen one chap have some good results using AA's vertical digger. It can be set to mine all blocks or just ores, and by default (with no Phantom Boosters to increase the range) it does a 5x5 straight downwards. It looks like its not bad! Not super early, but earlier than many of the alternatives.

I also went for the digger in the mining world using thermoelectric generators and loading the chunk with ftb utilities. Really moved things along nicely.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Is
Nobody knows how long you've been playing the pack. For all we know, you just started today, so no need to give excuses for being in the Calculation Age. :)

Someone has compiled a document listing tips and goals for each age.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MxHwK9dF2ZdpVEcz90cfb5F9fvqTvlUJC97e4BETAEA/edit
Thanks, reading now. A question: the document mentions it's possible to generate smoothstone? How that? The only stone generator I'm aware of is the XU transfer node method and that makes just cobble, but of course I don't know half the mods in the pack. How's the best way to generate cobble and smoothstone?

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Is

Thanks, reading now. A question: the document mentions it's possible to generate smoothstone? How that? The only stone generator I'm aware of is the XU transfer node method and that makes just cobble, but of course I don't know half the mods in the pack. How's the best way to generate cobble and smoothstone?

You can always go the vanilla route to make a smooth stone generator (I like these in skyblock as stone breaks faster than cobble, especially when working with crappy early game tools)

Or you can just output from the tiny progressions cobble gen into your favorite powered furnace to achieve your desired output (much quieter too)

Building from that what I really liked to do as soon as possible was setup a lens of the miner, powered it from 4 88rf/t waterwheels, output them to a MV capacitor as a buffer and once full set the timer to run once every 10 or 12 seconds. It works better than a tier 1 void miner but of course the higher tiers of it put it to shame once you have the power and materials.

Taking the resources from that I just put an HV capacitor under each display stand and independently wired a set of 4 (eventually increased to 6) thermo electric generators powered by blocks of uranium and ice to each one. Automate the stands with hoppers and it will finish anything you put in there.

Chunk load the whole area and then go work on the huge list of projects you are trying to complete or go target mining for what you are in need of and that area will still randomly bring in resources for you and eventually empower that emerald block as well.