[1.10.2] Age of Engineering

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Good to know actually, I'll bear it in mind.

I've never used the Void Ore Miners before (from that mod); given unlimited power, do you feel they perform fast enough to test your findings in a creative world?

Do you mean, test it in creative to verify what I'm seeing in survival? That seems like a waste of time, to be honest.

For example, when I ONLY swapped the White Lens to Yellow Lens, I expected to see more Gold Ore coming in, but instead, Gold Ore was almost totally unchanged, but I kept getting a lot of Iron Ore. When I broke down the whole structure and rebuilt it (with the Assembler wand), I started getting more Gold Ore than Iron Ore.

But to answer your question another way, the Tier 2 Ore Miner can get ore as fast as every 64 ticks.

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
It's pretty clear to me that the Void Ore Miner needs to be completely broken down and reassembled for it to notice that the lens has changed colors
I wouldn't say that, if you crafted the assembler, after you replace the lens you can right click the control block until it says "Assembly Completed." (or something to that effect) This SHOULD update the multiblock and, therefore, use the desired lens.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Do you mean, test it in creative to verify what I'm seeing in survival? That seems like a waste of time, to be honest.
This is indeed what I mean, and its why I asked about how the miner worked with unlimited power. You mentioned you were getting more Gold than Iron ore, but since the input is (presumably) weighted-random, you want a good sample to confirm your results, and that in a decent time.

If your scenario is difficult to test at, say, 5000 rf/t because it takes hours to produce a decent sample size of ores, but would take minutes or seconds with 1,000,000,000 rf/t...you see what i'm suggesting? Just scale up the rf/t in an environment (creative/test world) and confirm if lens-swapping works precisely how you suggested.

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
This is indeed what I mean, and its why I asked about how the miner worked with unlimited power. You mentioned you were getting more Gold than Iron ore, but since the input is (presumably) weighted-random, you want a good sample to confirm your results, and that in a decent time.

If your scenario is difficult to test at, say, 5000 rf/t because it takes hours to produce a decent sample size of ores, but would take minutes or seconds with 1,000,000,000 rf/t...you see what i'm suggesting? Just scale up the rf/t in an environment (creative/test world) and confirm if lens-swapping works precisely how you suggested.
Btw, Void Ore/Resource miners work in such that, unmodified, they use something like X hundred thousand rf in Y hundred ticks. If you add speed modifiers they use the same amount of power in fewer ticks.

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't say that, if you crafted the assembler, after you replace the lens you can right click the control block until it says "Assembly Completed." (or something to that effect) This SHOULD update the multiblock and, therefore, use the desired lens.

Yep, and what I'm saying is that I didn't find that to be the case. Sure, the multiblock structure was completed and it started working again when I just changed the lens, but I continued to see what I would expect to see with the OLD lens, not the NEW lens.

This is indeed what I mean, and its why I asked about how the miner worked with unlimited power.

Gotcha. Just to be clear, I'm already satisfied with the results I've found. Checking back every hour real time and counting ores from the new and old lenses had shown me that something was strange. But I'm not trying to submit a bug or prove anything, because in the end, this is a process driven by RNG. Maybe I don't need to break apart the whole structure. Maybe just the controller and lens needs to be swapped out, I don't know because I found something that works for me. It doesn't bother me in the least if nobody else trusts my findings. I was just explaining what I believe to be true, so that if anyone else finds a similar issue, they can see if my "solution" fixes it for them as well. Cheers.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Gotcha. Just to be clear, I'm already satisfied with the results I've found. Checking back every hour real time and counting ores from the new and old lenses had shown me that something was strange. But I'm not trying to submit a bug or prove anything, because in the end, this is a process driven by RNG. Maybe I don't need to break apart the whole structure. Maybe just the controller and lens needs to be swapped out, I don't know because I found something that works for me. It doesn't bother me in the least if nobody else trusts my findings. I was just explaining what I believe to be true, so that if anyone else finds a similar issue, they can see if my "solution" fixes it for them as well. Cheers.
ABsolutely clear. The reason I'm asking is more selfish or community-oriented: I personally am a bit curious about the mechanics here because I'm seeing this mod used in more and more packs of late :)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
So, new update today. It lists only a very few changes, is there a more complete changelist anywhere?

Today's update is only a tiny hotfix which is why the version number is: 1.1.1b
- HOTFIX: Updated Chisel to prevent dedicated server crash

The previous update from two days ago had this for a change log:

- Updated Forge
- Updated Mods (including Calculator, fixing several bugs)
- Fixing not being able to combine Integrated Dynamics Batteries
- Increased Energy Throughput of Dimensional Transceiver
- Changed Recipe of TechReborn Windmill

I don't have time to check any further but I am guessing if you went to the github of any of the named projects you could find more about the items that were changed.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I've applied the update, but unfortunately the server crashes still :(

** Just an update on this **

I use creeperhost and noted that the RAM usage was still high after the server crashed when I tried to start it. Obviously something was left running in memory or memory wasn't being de-allocated etc.

To get this modpack working again on my dedicated server (I use creeperhost, your steps may vary) I simply rebooted the actual virtual machine itself, then restarted the minecraft server for this mod pack.

I am on the 1.1.1b version.

Back online and people logged in :)

-Wuffle!

Last edited:

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
That sucks.

I don't get the love for Thermal Expansion. A bunch of single block devices that do the exact same thing equivalently named blocks in other mods add, along with a pipe system that expresses more of the disadvantages of the old buildcraft pipe system.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I don't get the love for Thermal Expansion. A bunch of single block devices that do the exact same thing equivalently named blocks in other mods add, along with a pipe system that expresses more of the disadvantages of the old buildcraft pipe system.
The Viaducts, and mainly the way the pipes look, You can have them on the roof moving items arounds, it looks really good. But the thing I really like about is the upgradabilty of the machines. An Ender IO sag mill, you can put a Capacitor and Flint in it to get more things. The Pulverizer can have like 6 different augments.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
We're drifting into thermal dynamics now, but some of that pipe system is also reminiscent of redpower2, which tickles the old schoolers.

I'm a huge fan of the retrievers :)

Nothing beats enderio for "simple and useful piping", but TD is really fun too in its own way.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, apparently I managed to be TWO updates behind...

But yha, was hoping for a little more detail. I hope "several bugs" includes the duplication bug that happens when you try to automate calculator.
I'm also hoping that if tech reborn updated that my world won't explode when I log in. ... honestly, that's mostly why I'm worried and asking.

Also, YAY for the ID Batteries being able to be combined. They seem to only input OR output based on redstone signal, but I'm sure if I only had them I could teach ID to use them anyway.
You can't expect him to copy the full calculator change log...

If you check calculator change log for the version in the pack you will see the several fixed bugs, which includes the dupe bug.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ICountFrom0

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Ive been trying to use railcarts as my medium/long distance transport mechanisim in AoE, but my plan of using Integrated Dynamics to run them has fallen flat as its inventory scanner can't see the chest cart.

Any ideas on how I can get railcarts to load/unload automatically without too much visible wiring?

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Ive been trying to use railcarts as my medium/long distance transport mechanisim in AoE, but my plan of using Integrated Dynamics to run them has fallen flat as its inventory scanner can't see the chest cart.

Any ideas on how I can get railcarts to load/unload automatically without too much visible wiring?
You could try the entity reader

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone worked out how to upgrade the power tiers for the Tech Reborn machines?
It's a real pain that the Grinder wants 64 eu/t and I'm currently only give it 32 eu/t that's the closest transformer I can use, if I use a higher tier transformer it will blow. :(