[1.10.2] Age of Engineering

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I've had a similar experience with the IE water wheels last night when I finished putting them all together: the dynamo showed 0 RF and the buffer was empty, but when attaching a wire between it and an LV Capacitor, there was power being generated. This is my first experience with Immersive Engineering and I have issues with connecting multiple copper wires to the same LV connector: it won't accept more than 1 wire per connector; is this intended or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
The connector thing is intended. Connectors of all types can now only support a single wire, only relays can have multiple wires attached.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
I've had a similar experience with the IE water wheels last night when I finished putting them all together: the dynamo showed 0 RF and the buffer was empty, but when attaching a wire between it and an LV Capacitor, there was power being generated. This is my first experience with Immersive Engineering and I have issues with connecting multiple copper wires to the same LV connector: it won't accept more than 1 wire per connector; is this intended or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

IE 1.7.10 only had power relays for HV wire, now it uses that setup for all three types. If you want to input or output energy you need a connector. If you want to pass power along a wire you need a relay.

So a real game example: I have 4 thermoelectric generators each with a connector on them, wires run from those connectors to a single relay, then a wire runs from there to a connector on a capacitor with that side set to input. You can then output with other connectors on any of the other 5 sides to distribute power to your network.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
The connector thing is intended. Connectors of all types can now only support a single wire, only relays can have multiple wires attached.
IE 1.7.10 only had power relays for HV wire, now it uses that setup for all three types. If you want to input or output energy you need a connector. If you want to pass power along a wire you need a relay.

So a real game example: I have 4 thermoelectric generators each with a connector on them, wires run from those connectors to a single relay, then a wire runs from there to a connector on a capacitor with that side set to input. You can then output with other connectors on any of the other 5 sides to distribute power to your network.

Cool, thanks for the help, guys! I was in a hurry last night and skipped the relays. :)

Z

zatmando

Can anyone point me in the direction of the server files? Linux preferred.

Thanks

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone point me in the direction of the server files? Linux preferred.

Thanks

Join the Discord: https://discord.gg/QkvUrxM

from the FAQ on the DIscord server:

2. How do I setup a server for the modpack?
Option 1: Setup a normal forge server and copy the configs, mods, resources, and scripts from the client download

Option 2: Download the server files put together by someone else, in this case @Nihilist#7759
Download the server files from here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f7smme8cvxhjio7/AAAUNtGBWqWF622znfEtfdsua?dl=0
For instructions read the readme file found in the dropbox folder above
@Nihilist#7759 was very kind to put together the server files and some instructions, any questions, complements,
or complaints should be directed towards him/her.
Option 3: Download the linux server files from here: https://cloud.zerant.net/index.php/s/kqkz1Ts0OEqowxJ
All credit to @Zerant. Any questions, complements, complaints, etc should be directed towards him/her.
Disclaimer: As when downloading anything off the internet, exercise some caution.

T

TheAdminCLub

This is a add-on that you need to make:
you should add Thermal Dynamics and some of the other thermal mods

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
I remember that it's theoretically possible to place a few more blocks if you use microblocks, or in this case bits, to place water in places where a full block would prevent the wheel from turning. Is that still true?

I don't believe Age of Engineering has made any modifications to the standard power outputs for any of the Immersive Engineering generators so if you find any ways to squeeze out any more power than what I listed it should work for you. But I just setup 8 water wheels and a bunch of thermoelectics in the areas I needed power in the early game and then moved on to bigger and better power generation later.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
So, I had a bit of a blast on my first go at Age of Engineering last night! Lots of fun :) one thing I did find that was pretty helpful was being near a village - I ended up with some free iron (3 ingots) and some dark oak wood. The iron I decided to turn into a bucket - made gathering copious amounts of lava much easier. The dark oak (and this may be an omission from CraftTweaker as I suspect it's not meant to be so) I was able to turn into planks and use to make a bed with some wool.

Early bed and bucket are handy :)

One thing I did find I missed was having the time visible in the bottom right as it is in Beyond. I'm almost tempted to make a vanilla Minecraft clock! :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Finally got desperate enough and added Gendustry to the pack. The Industrial Apiary (which requires RF) has a lifespan module that decreases the life of bees.

Its still not as great as, say, necrotic frames (3 of which will kill most bees in a single cycle). But "shorter" lifespan bees will now die in 4 cycles, which is tolerable.

Z

zatmando

Join the Discord: https://discord.gg/QkvUrxM

from the FAQ on the DIscord server:

2. How do I setup a server for the modpack?
Option 1: Setup a normal forge server and copy the configs, mods, resources, and scripts from the client download

Option 2: Download the server files put together by someone else, in this case @Nihilist#7759
Download the server files from here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f7smme8cvxhjio7/AAAUNtGBWqWF622znfEtfdsua?dl=0
For instructions read the readme file found in the dropbox folder above
@Nihilist#7759 was very kind to put together the server files and some instructions, any questions, complements,
or complaints should be directed towards him/her.
Option 3: Download the linux server files from here: https://cloud.zerant.net/index.php/s/kqkz1Ts0OEqowxJ
All credit to @Zerant. Any questions, complements, complaints, etc should be directed towards him/her.
Disclaimer: As when downloading anything off the internet, exercise some caution.

Great, thanks the one place I didn't look.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@ErnstLustig, if you take an interest in Gendustry for the pack, just a couple of FYIs:
* Its already fairly streamlined with your progression tweaks because it depends on existing minetweaked items (sturdy casing, bronze gears, etc)
* It fills a missing gap: bees are actually pretty bad in packs without a supporting mod such as Extra Bees, Magic Bees or Gendustry (More Bees doesn't really add much infrastructure-wise)
* It depends on the version of bdlib you're already using
* Its drop-and-forget. You don't need to configure anything for it to work sensibly.

If bees were a core part of the pack's difficulty curve, I'd suggest increasing the difficulty for attaining some of the machines, but in our case its mostly irrelevant. Most people aren't going to bother with bees in the pack.

In the meantime, I'll let you know if I run into anything weird with it (not really expecting to, bdew is awesome)

Reactions: An0nymuS and zBob

ErnstLustig

Jul 29, 2019
This is a add-on that you need to make:
you should add Thermal Dynamics and some of the other thermal mods

I disagree.

@Pyure I don't add conent mods anymore. But if I would add Gendustry, for sure I would gate it behind Industrial and Imperial. I don't think I would allow the player to skip manual breeding. Only fair, if you compare to IEE where it was even gated way further.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I disagree.

@Pyure I don't add conent mods anymore. But if I would add Gendustry, for sure I would gate it behind Industrial and Imperial. I don't think I would allow the player to skip manual breeding. Only fair, if you compare to IEE where it was even gated way further.
My recollection is that IEE had Binnie's and Magic Bees to plug the functional holes prior to Gendustry (neither of which will work here). To each their own however.

That said, I highly, highly recommend it to anyone who decides to do bees, otherwise they're a bit of a game-design mess currently.

ErnstLustig

Jul 29, 2019
1.) Vector Plates work above Cursed Earth
2.) JEI Display Bug
3.) That are Rocky from More Bees not Extra Bees, they needed always ore
4.) Charcoal Pit works, but info on the wiki seems not fully correct. Dirt doesn't seem to work, seems only Loam works. You have to build until it forms into a multiblock and then light it.

Old: I don't know the answer to that. Or let me say: I don't think there is.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I'm going to try this when I get home, unless someone has already tried it, but just in case:

Going proper old-school here, is it possible to move sap point rubber tree blocks with a vanilla piston?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've seen a lot of inquiries about the sap points lately. In case people might be interested in alternatives:
  • Propolis (bees) can be used to make sticky resin and are pretty early in the bee-game. You'll get this stuff anyway if you want Honey to improve your ethanol industry.
  • IC2 crops have stickreed which is amazing at producing sticky resin.
  • Both of the options above are easier to automate than static rubber trees.
  • Multifarms can farm rubber trees (in orchard mode maybe...definitely not in arboretum mode)
  • Even in Arboretum mode, rubber logs can be extracted into rubber.
I never bother to move sap-logs.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
https://ftbwiki.org/Rubber_Wood_(IndustrialCraft_2)

Not sure if it applies to the newest versions, but I don't think it would work.
Dang. Ah well, thanks for the info!

EDIT:

I've seen a lot of inquiries about the sap points lately. In case people might be interested in alternatives:
  • Propolis (bees) can be used to make sticky resin and are pretty early in the bee-game. You'll get this stuff anyway if you want Honey to improve your ethanol industry.
  • IC2 crops have stickreed which is amazing at producing sticky resin.
  • Both of the options above are easier to automate than static rubber trees.
  • Multifarms can farm rubber trees (in orchard mode maybe...definitely not in arboretum mode)
  • Even in Arboretum mode, rubber logs can be extracted into rubber.
I never bother to move sap-logs.

Many thanks @Pyure also for that information! All very good to know!