[1.10.2] Age of Engineering

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
I know this isn't probably the best place or anything but I have been really far out of the loop, is there a checklist or something to help me figure out best way to start?
There is an in-game guide if you open yur inventory, and look in the top left corner. It looks like a book.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Been several months since I've done it, but I believe the chain used to be:
Reactor (Hot Coolant) -> Heat Exchanger -> (Heat + Cold Coolant) -> Steam Generator (Steam + Distilled Water (in situations)) -> Kinetic Steam Generator (EU + Distilled water)

Looking at the pack itself, I think they may have renamed some pieces. I think its now, at a guess:
Reactor (Hot Coolant) -> Heat Exchanger -> (Heat + Cold Coolant) -> Steam Boiler (Steam + Distilled Water (in situations)) -> Steam Turbine (EU + Distilled water)

Reactions: ICountFrom0

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
As everyone knows, I am fond of my MS Paint. So: to the diagrams!

upload_2017-7-17_19-28-6.png

This is a standard super heated steam setup. For every 200 hu/t you can generate (typically from a reactor), you will get 150 eu/t. Generally speaking a reactor won't produce in precisely 200 hu/t amounts, and I highly recommend you factor that into account in your designs. I personally send overflow heat to a stirling generator.

Couple notes:
* I am "faking" a reactor with a permanent supply of Hot Coolant, and voiding the Cold Coolant.
* Two Liquid Heat Exchangers (labeled Heat Exchangers above) means we're simulating 200 hu/t
* There's several points where distilled water can get generated, you need to deal with that
* The condenser can take power but its not necessary for this setup (an unpowered condenser can condense the steam from at least one Superheated steam setup
* The first Steam Generator is accepting SuperHeated steam from the Steam Boiler via the Fluid Conduit (neglected to annotate that in the picture)
* The first Team Generator is generating kU, but it also turns every mb SHS into regular Steam which it dumps into Steam Generator 2 automatically when they're adjacent like that.
* Superheated isn't necessary, but it lets you double-dip your steam. Otherwise you'll get 100 eu/200 hu instead of 150.
* Nobody in the history of all time has ever built an IC2 steam setup without incurring explosions at some point. They are harmless and do no damage, but they're loud and visually annoying as hell.
* The setup above is perfectly stable and generates no steam explosions but it took me a damn 25 minutes or so to get it all working correctly. Even though I've probably done it a few dozen times.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
@Pyure
Oh, I always forget the cow in my setup! *chuckles*

Thanks alot for this picture and the explanations. I always get confused with the setup of this type of reactor and now having it will really help in the future. :]

Reactions: Pyure
B

Btthrom

@Pyure
Oh, I always forget the cow in my setup! *chuckles*

Thanks alot for this picture and the explanations. I always get confused with the setup of this type of reactor and now having it will really help in the future. :]

Direwolf20 has a good video to watch for the basics too

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, for all that I thought I knew about forestry, I never noticed that bee houses would keep ignobile bees healthy forever.

In addition, they have a higher production rate than apiaries without frames, so they are great early game for getting more combs / honey and building up a supply of drones. Although the best way to mass produce combs early game is by far the escritoire, but not everyone wants to deal with that XD.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
In addition, they have a higher production rate than apiaries without frames
I didn't know this. Google backs it up though: https://forestryforminecraft.info/bees:housing

Although the best way to mass produce combs early game is by far the escritoire, but not everyone wants to deal with that XD.
I actually use an excel sheet to "cheat" my way through the larger mini-games (my memory is terrible). But yeah, once you start cranking out tons of useless drones, the escritoire is nice.

I'm actually massively disappointed with Bees in 1.10.2. I may need to add Gendustry to make them palatable, but I would have much preferred Extra Bees.

More Bees is supposed to be an Extra Bees spinoff, but all it does is add a few bees and some frames, none of which help with the actual breeding of bees to much extent (except maybe the Mutating Frame which requires royal jelly and such). Not great.

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
I'm actually massively disappointed with Bees in 1.10.2. I may need to add Gendustry to make them palatable, but I would have much preferred Extra Bees.
If you check curse, you'll see a 1.7.10 RELEASE was posted 5 days ago, and there are murmurs of a new version in the comments....

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If you check curse, you'll see a 1.7.10 RELEASE was posted 5 days ago, and there are murmurs of a new version in the comments....
There's actually 1.10.2+ updates in github from months ago, but nothing recent unless they have a private branch somewhere :\

Reactions: Kel_Co

Trajectory989

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. I cannot figure out how to solve this problem. I'm using the pack version 1.0.3 and I am trying to setup a water wheel from immersive engineering. I have already looked around trying to find someone with the same problem, but no luck. I cannot tell if my water wheel is generating power or not. I already have the configuration so that the wheels are not touching anything, are turning, and (most importantly) were attached to the kinetic dynamo, not the other way around (although the other way was tried). The dynamo continues to say that no power is produced and no machines are receiving power, but a single lv connector attached to the dynamo will report power produced. Look here at the screenshots provided:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B73LOg3aekktaFhnQUVGWVBNTVU?usp=sharing
After these screenshots I also tried putting a relay in between the connectors to no avail either. Any ideas?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I wasn't thinking of getting a reactor up and running, just that you could, in theory, use a stirling heat generator, use that to power a steam boiler, use THAT to power the turbine, and get more power then you get with the generator, in most builds. But I am going to save that picture for latter, indeed.
Could you describe this a bit further? I'm curious what the whole design would be. Do you really mean stirling heat generator (which I've never used before), or were you thinking the solid fuel firebox, which converts burnables (coal etc) into heat?

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. I cannot figure out how to solve this problem. I'm using the pack version 1.0.3 and I am trying to setup a water wheel from immersive engineering. I have already looked around trying to find someone with the same problem, but no luck. I cannot tell if my water wheel is generating power or not. I already have the configuration so that the wheels are not touching anything, are turning, and (most importantly) were attached to the kinetic dynamo, not the other way around (although the other way was tried). The dynamo continues to say that no power is produced and no machines are receiving power, but a single lv connector attached to the dynamo will report power produced. Look here at the screenshots provided:
After these screenshots I also tried putting a relay in between the connectors to no avail either. Any ideas?

I've had a similar experience with the IE water wheels last night when I finished putting them all together: the dynamo showed 0 RF and the buffer was empty, but when attaching a wire between it and an LV Capacitor, there was power being generated. This is my first experience with Immersive Engineering and I have issues with connecting multiple copper wires to the same LV connector: it won't accept more than 1 wire per connector; is this intended or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

zBob

Jul 29, 2019

Here is the best screenshot I have found for water wheel setup, it shows water placement and dynamo facing.
http://mam.alt245.com/wp-content/uploads/88-RF-TIC-Water-Wheel-Immersive-Engineering.png

I know that if you look at the dynamo you can't tell as it does not have any energy storage the connector on the dynamo looks good as it does have 256 IF. Another quick quick way to test is to build an Immersive Engineering LV Capacitor, be sure you set to input the side you place the connector on. Then looking at the capacitor the one probe will show you the power stored inside it.

I do not recognize the item you are trying to store your energy inside, it could be a mod compatability conflict as it does not appear to be an Immersive Engineering block.