FTB Beyond Release

S

SoraHjort

you can just search for what you want??
It's the distance that is traveled from the top to the bottom when dragging items. Not to mention the ease on the eyes that having a smaller max rows gives.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
It's the distance that is traveled from the top to the bottom when dragging items. Not to mention the ease on the eyes that having a smaller max rows gives.
I'll give you the ease on eyes thing but most recipes can be shift click into the crafting grind. I can count on my hands the number of times I have had to drag something down. But each their own.

Attempting to upgrade from 1.41 to 1.5.1, getting the following missing upon first launch:

agricraft:hand_rake
enderio:fluidEnder
enderio:fluidGlowstone
enderio:fluidRedstone
hammercore:ray_tracer
hammercore:zapper

The EnderIO stuff is most concerning.. I've tried removing everything except for my world and backups directories.

Edit: just realized that I was confusing EnderIO 'fluid redstone' with Thermal Foundation's Destabilized Redstone. Confirmed the issues and I'm back running without issue. Really glad that the bed issue has been fixed!
They most likely didn't want multiple recipes for like liquids and changed the recipes to just use the TE ones.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
If you really think a reactor is OP for the large amount of power it puts out, without regard to cost or operational safety issues, just make yourself a ReactorCraft fusion reactor.

... Does anything produce more power than it does?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
But it's so easy to set up, I haven't even automated most things, for most generators it's enough to put in one stack of items and it lasts for hours... (exceptions are Potion Generator, super easy to automate with EnderIO tanks, Overclocked Generator, just feed it tons of Tiny Coal, and Pink Generator, all you need is a chest with Pink Stained Glass Panes). Solar panels are so much harder to get compared to this and still produce way less. I think the Draconic Evolution Reactor can also only produce ~1M rf/t, and it will blow up your whole base if you do something wrong...
So yes, the Rainbow Generator is quite overpowered, I think it should produce way less (like 100k rf/t), especially since once you've automated all the other generators it's super easy to scale it up for more Rainbow Generators.
I think 1M RF/t would probably be a fair compromise - I actually thought that was what it was originally, not 25 - don't know why! :) It definitely comes down to perspective, and what other mods you have - certain resources like soul sand and dragons breath are not renewable, and the latter I suspect is also very difficult to automate. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, I just wouldn't jump quite so quickly to saying it ;)

R

Robobrine

I think 1M RF/t would probably be a fair compromise - I actually thought that was what it was originally, not 25 - don't know why! :) It definitely comes down to perspective, and what other mods you have - certain resources like soul sand and dragons breath are not renewable, and the latter I suspect is also very difficult to automate. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, I just wouldn't jump quite so quickly to saying it ;)
Why is everyone focusing on the overpowered part? My first post was more about the fact that there's no power generation that comes even close to the Rainbow Generator, making it a bit out of scale compared with everything else.
I also was pretty sure it only produce 1M rf/t or maybe even less, and when I first activated it I only got +250k rf/t and thought oh, nice, I just 10x my power generation for almost nothing. Then I realized the Flux Network was limiting the amount...

Fun fact, one Stack of Dragons Breath can last for over 100 hours, enough time to produce almost 200T rf with the Rainbow Generator.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Why is everyone focusing on the overpowered part? My first post was more about the fact that there's no power generation that comes even close to the Rainbow Generator, making it a bit out of scale compared with everything else.
I also was pretty sure it only produce 1M rf/t or maybe even less, and when I first activated it I only got +250k rf/t and thought oh, nice, I just 10x my power generation for almost nothing. Then I realized the Flux Network was limiting the amount...

Fun fact, one Stack of Dragons Breath can last for over 100 hours, enough time to produce almost 200T rf with the Rainbow Generator.
Ah, so it almost doesn't matter that its not renewable because of the length of time it lasts? I see your point in that case.

X

xILikePuddingx

It has been forgotten to update a modification on the 1.4.2. According to Changelog for the 1.5.1 was still not done so far. It is about SonarCore, which is needed for FluxNetworks. Please add.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Ooh look, another super generator. *yawn* 7x7 Extreme Reactor with Cryotheum Cooling looks to do about 21kRF/t.
How many Turbines would that be able to power and how much would those produce in total?

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-U10 using Tapatalk

P

Patrix87

1.4.2 is definitely less stable than the previous version.

I have not clue why the hell they made that the recommended version.

Where do I send the crashlogs ?

Is there even a way to talk to the devs ?

Reactions: Denver Ryan
P

Patrix87

Well 1.5.1 is crashing as well when I get to a certain location. No Idea why.

Here is the server crash log

Attachments

• crash-2017-04-11_11.00.33-server.txt
    36.8 KB · Views: 71

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
There's supposed to be someone looking for that in Tech Support forum I believe.

Don't know, haven't gotten into Extreme Reactors myself yet.

P

Patrix87

28Krf per turbine is pretty much the max, and one reactor can only run 1 turbine at the time since it's max steam output is 2000mb/t no matter how big it is and how many ports it has... which is sad.

P

Patrix87

The real steam creation rate can be much higher but it won't output more than 2000mb/t

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
No, I mean if you plug in say an ExU fluid node, and max it out for speed, it can still only pull 2000k per output? If so, then something is horribly wrong with the mod.

P

Patrix87

So I found somewhere that the bug comes from FluxNetworks.

Here's the file that need to be replaced BOTH client and server side.

Which is why I will leave my server in 1.3.0 until they add the proper file to the next version.

But here's the file if you want to go to 1.5.1 and force all your players to do file manipulations.

Attachments

• FluxNetworks-1.10.2-1.2.1.jar.zip
    277.2 KB · Views: 45
P

Patrix87

I tried putting both the reactor and turbine back to back so that the ports are aligned *(which works by the way) and even if I put more ports or even a second turbine it won't go above 2000mb/t
So total I can generate 28kRF/t with 0.4mb/t of Yellorium.

Another issue with big reactor in that version is that I can't smelt uranium to use it as fuel like I could in Infinity Evolved...

G

GetLost

The mini-map is not displayed in the game and the fullscreen of map does not open (i can't edit waypoints). How to fix it?

Maybe it's because i have Optifine? Or why?