[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
We have 8 linked Stargates, with a 9th to be set up soon. I'm sure we'll find more places to set up Stargates to also. These mostly run off naquadah and nitrodiesel depending on how often they get used.
almost correct
There are 8 stargates in the list for dialing but you forgot the 9th which isnt shown because you are next to it (and a stargate cannot connect to itself)
Unbenannt.png

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Birch and spruce planks don't yield sticks ... oak works but not those other two *sadface*
It works, however its bugged (for over few years i dare to say) because of IC2 and noone able to fix it. I honestly gave up on seeing any fix for this. You can pinch in here: http://bt.industrial-craft.net/view.php?id=1632 or here even older one: http://bt.industrial-craft.net/view.php?id=1290) maybe if more people will start complaining about it they will do something finally about it...

Simple workaround... do not check USES for any planks; restart client if you by mistake will.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
I only had birch and spruce around so this was frustrating - but i cut down a greatwood tree. They yield sticks :D

But thx for the fast reply anyways

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
It works, however its bugged (for over few years i dare to say) because of IC2 and noone able to fix it. I honestly gave up on seeing any fix for this. You can pinch in here: http://bt.industrial-craft.net/view.php?id=1632 or here even older one: http://bt.industrial-craft.net/view.php?id=1290) maybe if more people will start complaining about it they will do something finally about it...

Simple workaround... do not check USES for any planks; restart client if you by mistake will.

I wonder how difficult it becomes to encode LogisticsPipes or AE2 with crafting recipes when this bug manifests? :D

Jason, is there a publicly viewable source of the IC2 code? I'm not an expert by any means but I honestly just want to know how much complication goes into something as simple as an IC2 recipe handler.

Also, is it for sure that this bug is with IC2 itself and not NEI? Just because you're seeing it with both of the mods installed does not necessarily mean it's an IC2 issue. Are there other recipe lookup tools besides NEI that work for 1.7 based mods? If you could take NEI out of the picture and not duplicate the bug with a mod that doesn't use NEI integration then it's possible the bug is in NEI's code.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder how difficult it becomes to encode LogisticsPipes or AE2 with crafting recipes when this bug manifests? :D

Jason, is there a publicly viewable source of the IC2 code? I'm not an expert by any means but I honestly just want to know how much complication goes into something as simple as an IC2 recipe handler.

Also, is it for sure that this bug is with IC2 itself and not NEI? Just because you're seeing it with both of the mods installed does not necessarily mean it's an IC2 issue. Are there other recipe lookup tools besides NEI that work for 1.7 based mods? If you could take NEI out of the picture and not duplicate the bug with a mod that doesn't use NEI integration then it's possible the bug is in NEI's code.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

IC2 code is not publicly viewable, but you can decompile it.

It is a crossmod compatibility. It happens only with IC2 and NEI installed. So even if we tried to use other recipe lookup method (like CraftGuide) and it would not happen with that. It doesnt necessary mean that the fault is on NEI side. If it would ever happend with other mod combinations than IC2 + NEI, then we could say 100% where the issue is.

Also I am "hoping" that the issue is really IC2, because at least its still being developed. Not dead mod like NEI

S

SinTh0r4s

Hey there,

Are there any plans of adding Extra Cells to support easier fluid handling? These Logistics Pipes are driving me nuts >.<

Sin

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
what is the easiest way to update my server, do i have to reupload everything again?

Edit: also, do i need to create a new world with the new update?
HOWTO Update Your InfiTech2 Server

These are the instructions I follow every time I update the InfiTech2 Public Server.

Make sure to READ and UNDERSTAND EACH STEP before performing EACH STEP.

Our game runs on a Linux server. If your game runs on a different operating system, you will have to adjust these instructions as applicable.

Our server uses some server-specific mods that are not part of the official modpack, such as Morpheus (for sleep voting) and MyTown2. If your server does not use any non-official mods, then skip those steps below.

Our server modifies some of the official config files. For example, we disable the Railcraft World Anchor. If you choose to modify the official configs, please make sure that you understand what those changes do. If your server does not use any custom configs, then skip those steps below.

1. If there is an old InfiTech2Server.zip file in your Downloads folder, then either delete it or rename it.

2. Start the FTB Launcher.sh, then select the desired version of the game you want to download and click the "Download Server" button. The new version of InfiTech2Server.zip will download to your Downloads folder.

3. When the download is complete, close the Launcher.

4. If the game is running, shut it down. I usually take this opportunity to update the operating system and Java if necessary, and then reboot the server. (If rebooting your server automatically starts up the game, then shut the game back down after reboot.)

5. Backup your world. Do NOT skip this step. DO THIS!
On Linux, I simply use a command shell:
Code:
    cd /path/to/Minecraft
    tar -zcvf yyyy-mm-dd-hhmm_world.tar.gz ./world
where yyyy-mm-dd-hhmm is the date and time of the backup.

6. Browse to /path/to/Minecraft, then rename the following folders and files to ".old" (If you already have older ".old" folders and files from a previous update, then delete or rename the older ".old" folders and files first.)
- config
- libraries
- mods
- scripts
- minecraft_server.jar (if your server uses server_forge.jar instead, then rename that to ".old")

7. In your Downloads folder, unzip the newly downloaded InfiTech2Server.zip file, then copy the following folders and files to the /path/to/Minecraft folder
- config
- libraries
- mods
- scripts
- server_forge.jar

8. Rename server_forge.jar to minecraft_server.jar (If your server uses server_forge.jar instead, then you should skip this step.)

9. If desired, enable MobiusCore and Opis by removing the ".disabled" from the end of their files in the /path/to/Minecraft/mods folder

10. Copy any server-specific mods from your mods.old folder to the new mods folder. In my case, that includes:
- Morpheus
- MyEssentials
- MyPermissions
- mysql-connector-java
- MyTown2
- sampler
- ServerTools
- sqlite-jdbc

11. Copy any server-specific configurations from your config.old folder to the new config folder. In my case, that includes:
- MyEssentials folder
- MyPermissions folder
- MyTown folder
- Morpheus.cfg

12. Edit configs with any server-specific customizations you desire. In my case, that includes:
=================================================
a. File: config/aroma1997/AromaBackup.cfg
B:allPlayers=false
I:compressionRate=9
I:delay=360
I:keep=2
B:OnShutdown=false
B:OnStartup=true
b. File: config/railcraft/railcraft.cfg
anchors {
#
# change to craftable=false to disable World Anchor crafting, they will still be available via Creative
#
B:craftable=false
c. File: config/ChickenChunks.cfg
#If set to false, players will have to be logged in for their chunkloaders to work.:Simply add <username>=<true|false>
allowoffline
{
DEFAULT=false
OP=false
}

#The number of minutes since last login within which chunks from a player will remain active, 0 for infinite.
awayTimeout=10

#The maximum number of chunks per chunkloader
maxchunks=9
d. File: config/forgeChunkLoading.cfg

defaults {
# Are mod overrides enabled?
B:enabled=true

# The default maximum number of chunks a mod can force, per ticket,
# for a mod without an override. This is the maximum number of chunks a single ticket can force.
I:maximumChunksPerTicket=9

# The number of tickets a player can be assigned instead of a mod. This is shared across all mods and it is up to the mods to use it.
I:playerTicketCount=9
e. File: config / immibis.cfg
B:chunkloader.bypassForgeChunkLimits=false
I:chunkloader.maxChunksPerPlayer=18
B:chunkloader.requireOnline=true
S:chunkloader.listFileName=ActiveChunkLoadersList
S:chunkloader.logFileName=LoggedChunkLoadersList
f. File: config / HardcoreEnderExpansion.cfg

B:enableTempleCaller=false

# 0 = enabled on April Fools, 1 = always enabled, 2 = never enabled.
I:hardcoreEnderbaconMode=2
g. File: config/Thaumcraft.cfg
I:biome_taint_spread=0
B:champion_mobs=false
h. File: config/OpenComputers.cfg
# The amount of energy the chunkloader upgrade draws per tick while
# it is enabled, i.e. actually loading a chunk.
chunkloaderCost=10000000.0
i. File: config/cofh/core/common.cfg
B:EnableGenericDeathMessage=false
j. File: config/GregTech/MachineStats.cfg
B:MagicEnergyAbsorber.AllowMultipleEggs_false=true
------------------------------------------------------

12. If desired, update MOTD in /path/to/Minecraft/server.properties file to display the version number of the server.

13. Restart the game.

Last edited:

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
IC2 code is not publicly viewable, but you can decompile it.

It is a crossmod compatibility. It happens only with IC2 and NEI installed. So even if we tried to use other recipe lookup method (like CraftGuide) and it would not happen with that. It doesnt necessary mean that the fault is on NEI side. If it would ever happend with other mod combinations than IC2 + NEI, then we could say 100% where the issue is.

Also I am "hoping" that the issue is really IC2, because at least its still being developed. Not dead mod like NEI

Question: If NEI is a "dead" mod, why are there versions available for newer Forge versions? Apparently it's being developed for 1.8/1.9 - are you saying that the mod author has abandoned bug fixing on versions lower than the most recent versions?

I thought about CraftGuide or even TooManyItems and whether it happened with them or not. Mostly I was curious as to whether other mods similar in function to NEI had similar issues. I was also wondering if it's possible to substitute another recipe mod into your modpack that doesn't have the issue with IC2 and therefore avoids the problem. Of course, that means you have to find out if that other mod also has issues that are worse than using NEI which is why I am curious as to what you've tried thus far.

Are there other mods you've encountered that have the same or a similar issue with NEI? Have you communicated directly with the NEI mod author or maintainer about this issue?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I have a question about Thaumcraft Taint biomes: Does this biome spread if within range of loaded chunks? I started a new map, which had a lot of jungle terrain in it, and some great loot in about half a dozen jungle temples, and I eventually found a spot for a base but the only problem is that there's a Taint biome not far away from where my base is. I want to know if i would be better off looking for a base location that isn't so close to the Taint or if being a certain distance away prevents Taint from spreading into my loaded chunks and becoming a problem.

I revealed some of it but it's a distance away from my base location, the trouble with Taint is that I'm not sure I want to find out how close it is to the rest of my loaded chunks and there's no way to tell if Thaumcraft Taint is going to generate in chunks near my loaded chunks. It's approximately x:1000 and z:100 away from where my base currently is. I just don't want to be forced into a corner with Taint painting itself around the landscape.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question about Thaumcraft Taint biomes: Does this biome spread if within range of loaded chunks? I started a new map, which had a lot of jungle terrain in it, and some great loot in about half a dozen jungle temples, and I eventually found a spot for a base but the only problem is that there's a Taint biome not far away from where my base is. I want to know if i would be better off looking for a base location that isn't so close to the Taint or if being a certain distance away prevents Taint from spreading into my loaded chunks and becoming a problem.

I revealed some of it but it's a distance away from my base location, the trouble with Taint is that I'm not sure I want to find out how close it is to the rest of my loaded chunks and there's no way to tell if Thaumcraft Taint is going to generate in chunks near my loaded chunks. It's approximately x:1000 and z:100 away from where my base currently is. I just don't want to be forced into a corner with Taint painting itself around the landscape.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Yes, taint will spread if it is in loaded chunks. As for whether your base is close enough to load the taint biome... your distance should be far enough away to keep it unloaded, but if you ever explore that direction you run the risk of periodically loading it. Plus Thaumcraft appears to have a tendency to load neighboring chunks on its own, so there is a good chance it will spread eventually... albeit slowly.

Taint spread can be disabled in the Thaumcraft.cfg config file by setting
Code:

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Question: If NEI is a "dead" mod, why are there versions available for newer Forge versions? Apparently it's being developed for 1.8/1.9 - are you saying that the mod author has abandoned bug fixing on versions lower than the most recent versions?

I thought about CraftGuide or even TooManyItems and whether it happened with them or not. Mostly I was curious as to whether other mods similar in function to NEI had similar issues. I was also wondering if it's possible to substitute another recipe mod into your modpack that doesn't have the issue with IC2 and therefore avoids the problem. Of course, that means you have to find out if that other mod also has issues that are worse than using NEI which is why I am curious as to what you've tried thus far.

Are there other mods you've encountered that have the same or a similar issue with NEI? Have you communicated directly with the NEI mod author or maintainer about this issue?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
1.8.0 has an NEI version for it, 1.8.9,1.9.x has JEI(Just Enough Items) and different addons that make it similar to NEI.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there,

Are there any plans of adding Extra Cells to support easier fluid handling? These Logistics Pipes are driving me nuts >.<

Sin

I know extra cells has good features but it also has lots of serious duplication bugs that havent been fixed in months years.

What about extracells in next version? looks like dupe are fixed now.
https://github.com/Beyond-Reality/BeyondRealityModPack/issues/286

https://github.com/ExtraCells/ExtraCells2/issues/222

(given the link, you can decide for yourself if the problems are problems)

But there is also this duplication bug in it -> https://github.com/ExtraCells/ExtraCells2/issues/249
and that dupe bug https://github.com/ExtraCells/ExtraCells2/issues/236
and apparently this dupe bug https://github.com/ExtraCells/ExtraCells2/issues/110
and this https://github.com/ExtraCells/ExtraCells2/issues/253

its not often that you find a mod with 5 different duplication bugs...

Extra Cells duplication bugs: 2/6 fixed
Still no difference 2/6 bugs fixed

https://github.com/ExtraCells/ExtraCells2/issues/222 was reported by Jason on 16.03.2015 ... 14 months ago and nothing

Last edited:
P

Pyromancer56

Great thank you! My next idea was to check the eio enchanter but don't have tech for dark steel yet. Thx for letting me know that I haven't wasted time :)
I know Repair shows up as an option with the Osmotic Enchanter. I never bothered with the Infusion way of enchanting

Reactions: Sixpaq

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
HOWTO Update Your InfiTech2 Server

These are the instructions I follow every time I update the InfiTech2 Public Server.

Make sure to READ and UNDERSTAND EACH STEP before performing EACH STEP.

Our game runs on a Linux server. If your game runs on a different operating system, you will have to adjust these instructions as applicable.

Our server uses some server-specific mods that are not part of the official modpack, such as Morpheus (for sleep voting) and MyTown2. If your server does not use any non-official mods, then skip those steps below.

Our server modifies some of the official config files. For example, we disable the Railcraft World Anchor. If you choose to modify the official configs, please make sure that you understand what those changes do. If your server does not use any custom configs, then skip those steps below.

1. If there is an old InfiTech2Server.zip file in your Downloads folder, then either delete it or rename it.

2. Start the FTB Launcher.sh, then select the desired version of the game you want to download and click the "Download Server" button. The new version of InfiTech2Server.zip will download to your Downloads folder.

3. When the download is complete, close the Launcher.

4. If the game is running, shut it down. I usually take this opportunity to update the operating system and Java if necessary, and then reboot the server. (If rebooting your server automatically starts up the game, then shut the game back down after reboot.)

5. Backup your world. Do NOT skip this step. DO THIS!
On Linux, I simply use a command shell:
Code:
    cd /path/to/Minecraft
    tar -zcvf yyyy-mm-dd-hhmm_world.tar.gz ./world
where yyyy-mm-dd-hhmm is the date and time of the backup.

6. Browse to /path/to/Minecraft, then rename the following folders and files to ".old" (If you already have older ".old" folders and files from a previous update, then delete or rename the older ".old" folders and files first.)
- config
- libraries
- mods
- scripts
- minecraft_server.jar (if your server uses server_forge.jar instead, then rename that to ".old")

7. In your Downloads folder, unzip the newly downloaded InfiTech2Server.zip file, then copy the following folders and files to the /path/to/Minecraft folder
- config
- libraries
- mods
- scripts
- server_forge.jar

8. Rename server_forge.jar to minecraft_server.jar (If your server uses server_forge.jar instead, then you should skip this step.)

9. If desired, enable MobiusCore and Opis by removing the ".disabled" from the end of their files in the /path/to/Minecraft/mods folder

10. Copy any server-specific mods from your mods.old folder to the new mods folder. In my case, that includes:
- Morpheus
- MyEssentials
- MyPermissions
- mysql-connector-java
- MyTown2
- sampler
- ServerTools
- sqlite-jdbc

11. Copy any server-specific configurations from your config.old folder to the new config folder. In my case, that includes:
- MyEssentials folder
- MyPermissions folder
- MyTown folder
- Morpheus.cfg

12. Edit configs with any server-specific customizations you desire. In my case, that includes:
a. File: config/aroma1997/AromaBackup.cfg
B:allPlayers=false
I:compressionRate=9
I:delay=360
I:keep=2
B:OnShutdown=false
B:OnStartup=true
b. File: config/railcraft/railcraft.cfg
anchors {
#
# change to craftable=false to disable World Anchor crafting, they will still be available via Creative
#
B:craftable=false
c. File: config/ChickenChunks.cfg
#If set to false, players will have to be logged in for their chunkloaders to work.:Simply add <username>=<true|false>
allowoffline
{
DEFAULT=false
OP=false
}

#The number of minutes since last login within which chunks from a player will remain active, 0 for infinite.
awayTimeout=10

#The maximum number of chunks per chunkloader
maxchunks=9
d. File: config/forgeChunkLoading.cfg

defaults {
# Are mod overrides enabled?
B:enabled=true

# The default maximum number of chunks a mod can force, per ticket,
# for a mod without an override. This is the maximum number of chunks a single ticket can force.
I:maximumChunksPerTicket=9

# The number of tickets a player can be assigned instead of a mod. This is shared across all mods and it is up to the mods to use it.
I:playerTicketCount=9
e. File: config / immibis.cfg
B:chunkloader.bypassForgeChunkLimits=false
I:chunkloader.maxChunksPerPlayer=18
B:chunkloader.requireOnline=true
S:chunkloader.listFileName=ActiveChunkLoadersList
S:chunkloader.logFileName=LoggedChunkLoadersList
f. File: config / HardcoreEnderExpansion.cfg

B:enableTempleCaller=false

# 0 = enabled on April Fools, 1 = always enabled, 2 = never enabled.
I:hardcoreEnderbaconMode=2
g. File: config/Thaumcraft.cfg
B:champion_mobs=false
h. File: config/OpenComputers.cfg
# The amount of energy the chunkloader upgrade draws per tick while
# it is enabled, i.e. actually loading a chunk.
chunkloaderCost=10000000.0
i. File: config/cofh/core/common.cfg
B:EnableGenericDeathMessage=false
j. File: config/GregTech/MachineStats.cfg
B:MagicEnergyAbsorber.AllowMultipleEggs_false=true
------------------------------------------------------

12. If desired, update MOTD in /path/to/Minecraft/server.properties file to display the version number of the server.

13. Restart the game.

Is there a decent alternative for console? I run my server solely on an SSH-tunnel, which makes a graphical interface kinda tough to achieve. Right now I just fetch the server link from my primary pc and wget, and move world + backups into the new folder, a bit tedious though.

Also, when would the osmotic enchanter be possible to get? Would really like to have access to it, but I read that it is gated to EV?

Also, it says that when you use alchemical transmutation i.e. damascus steel it should return as dust for "further refining", but it always returns nuggets.

P

Pyromancer56

Also, when would the osmotic enchanter be possible to get? Would really like to have access to it, but I read that it is gated to EV?
Didn't realize the recipe for the Osmotic Enchanter was changed. But yes, since it requires Adamantium Plate it is gated to EV.