[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Those who are skilled with Logistics Pipes, or rather planning in general, how did you setup electronic circuit autocrafting? I have 2x assemblers with 2x extractors at my disposal, however depending on what I have in stock something always clogs up. They are also used for hull crafting(LV + MV) , and especially when multiple things are crafting it always seems to clog up :<

Edit: Also does some mod modify wheat? Or do the harvest golems(w/ order) not replant it?

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Those who are skilled with Logistics Pipes, or rather planning in general, how did you setup electronic circuit autocrafting? I have 2x assemblers with 2x extractors at my disposal, however depending on what I have in stock something always clogs up. They are also used for hull crafting(LV + MV) , and especially when multiple things are crafting it always seems to clog up :<

Edit: Also does some mod modify wheat? Or do the harvest golems(w/ order) not replant it?
LP: What i did to ensure that LP is not getting clogged: have a buffer chest going into the machine.

Crafting Pipe -> Chest -> Machine -> back to the chest... you need to filter the items going from the chest to the machine (so it doesnt pull in the final product, when its put back)... i used EnderIO item conduits for this.

edit: Little shameless plug of my video on HOW TO LOGISTIC PIPES IN INFITECH:

Wheat... yes. You dont get seeds so order harvest golems will not replant, you need 2 golems (harvest and another one - dont remember the name, maybe USE golem? - to replant) and some way of crafting wheat -> seeds

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
LP: What i did to ensure that LP is not getting clogged: have a buffer chest going into the machine.

Crafting Pipe -> Chest -> Machine -> back to the chest... you need to filter the items going from the chest to the machine (so it doesnt pull in the final product, when its put back)... i used EnderIO item conduits for this.

Wheat... yes. You dont get seeds so order harvest golems will not replant, you need 2 golems (harvest and another one - dont remember the name, maybe USE golem? - to replant) and some way of crafting wheat -> seeds
I do use that first method, but no matter how I distribure the recipes something clogs up, mostöy the nand recipe.

That is unfortunate, wanted to setup a cow farm but I am far away from being able to create a use core, sadly:(

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

S

SinTh0r4s

edit: Little shameless plug of my video on HOW TO LOGISTIC PIPES IN INFITECH:

Try an Ordo Upgrade for your golem. Then you only need one with a Harvest Core and it may also plant a new crop. At least it works with potatoes. Then you can use a Gather Core on a second golem or something like a vacuum chest from enderio to collect everything.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019

As Jason said, wheat is one of the crops that does not work with order upgraded harvest golems because of the seeds. Pam's Harvestcraft Mushrooms are another that don't work with order upgraded harvest golems. You need a separate Use core golem to plant the wheat seeds (or mushroom spores). Use cores were considered very powerful by the modpack creators (and they sort of are), so don't plan to make any Use cores prior to EV era in GT. When you are able to craft Use cores for golems the best I've found to automate a wheat farm is to either gather core your wheat, or use an Ender Collector or Vacuum Chest. Output the wheat into an EnderIO conduit and push that into a TubeStuff Autocrafter to turn some of the wheat into seeds. Attach the Use core golem to the output of the autocrafter. A regular buildcraft autocrafting bench won't be fast enough to keep up with any farm really.

There aren't really any automated farming options before MV era that can do wheat. Steve'sCarts can probably do it. Forestry MultiFarm and enderIO farming station definitely can. Another option to automate wheat production is bees (go down the Rural line to bee combs that produce wheat).

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
As Jason said, wheat is one of the crops that does not work with order upgraded harvest golems because of the seeds. Pam's Harvestcraft Mushrooms are another that don't work with order upgraded harvest golems. You need a separate Use core golem to plant the wheat seeds (or mushroom spores). Use cores were considered very powerful by the modpack creators (and they sort of are), so don't plan to make any Use cores prior to EV era in GT. When you are able to craft Use cores for golems the best I've found to automate a wheat farm is to either gather core your wheat, or use an Ender Collector or Vacuum Chest. Output the wheat into an EnderIO conduit and push that into a TubeStuff Autocrafter to turn some of the wheat into seeds. Attach the Use core golem to the output of the autocrafter. A regular buildcraft autocrafting bench won't be fast enough to keep up with any farm really.

There aren't really any automated farming options before MV era that can do wheat. Steve'sCarts can probably do it. Forestry MultiFarm and enderIO farming station definitely can. Another option to automate wheat production is bees (go down the Rural line to bee combs that produce wheat).
That seems complicated hehe.

I just need the wheat to supply a cow farm, so not too much. Might use theextra wheat to produce dirt for my tree farm.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
That seems complicated hehe.

I just need the wheat to supply a cow farm, so not too much. Might use theextra wheat to produce dirt for my tree farm.

Then just make a 9x9 dirt pad, put 1 water block in the center, hoe everything, and plant wheat. Put it in a high traffic area that you walk past frequently. You'll get plenty of wheat for such purposes. AKA vanilla.

Another option other than cow farm, if you're using it for food, is to grow wheat, spinach, PHC mushrooms, and soybeans (for tofu). Turn into beef wellington. Enjoy. Best food ever.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Then just make a 9x9 dirt pad, put 1 water block in the center, hoe everything, and plant wheat. Put it in a high traffic area that you walk past frequently. You'll get plenty of wheat for such purposes. AKA vanilla.

Another option other than cow farm, if you're using it for food, is to grow wheat, spinach, PHC mushrooms, and soybeans (for tofu). Turn into beef wellington. Enjoy. Best food ever.
I already use beef wellingtons hehe easy food, I just hate running out of leather.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I already use beef wellingtons hehe easy food, I just hate running out of leather.

I built a leather farm using bees. There are bees that produce leather as a product, but in order to have more fun with it I just used the bees that spawn cows. I automate the apiary with enderio conduit on a redstone signal. I put a corporeal attractor under a diamond spike (enchanted with looting and sharpness) and used an Ender Collector to gather the drops. For one lifecycle of the bees I get about 10 stacks of leather, and it kills a crapton of cows.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
the animal-producing bees are hilarious, I actually considered making a methane-plant doing this :p

I wonder: this might also be a fun way to produce xp. Need to explore further.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
the animal-producing bees are hilarious, I actually considered making a methane-plant doing this :p

I wonder: this might also be a fun way to produce xp. Need to explore further.
That's not a bad idea. I'm just voiding all the beef at the moment since Team Techrush seems to prefer Vegan(tofu) Beef Wellingtons. I don't think we really need more power atm though heh.

With a diamond spike and vacuum hopper->enderio exp obelisk this would work quite well. I didn't set that up though because I like the Ender Collector (zero lag, doesn't animate entities moving to the chest/hopper, stuff doesn't get stuck). I collect plenty of XP from a wisp/silverfish farm and also alchemical furnace that's constantly turning cobble into stone.

Reactions: Pyure

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
I built a leather farm using bees. There are bees that produce leather as a product, but in order to have more fun with it I just used the bees that spawn cows. I automate the apiary with enderio conduit on a redstone signal. I put a corporeal attractor under a diamond spike (enchanted with looting and sharpness) and used an Ender Collector to gather the drops. For one lifecycle of the bees I get about 10 stacks of leather, and it kills a crapton of cows.
I just have a hard time getting started with bees, I always give up .. So sadly not an option here:/

Sprigum

Jul 29, 2019
See replies to my post about this same exact issue a few pages back. There should be a few options you can use to make infinite water easier to get. It's intended that GregTech will need either a water tank from Railcraft, requiring slimeballs from slimes or a Pam's Harvestcraft fish trap which will catch a type of fish that gives slimes when placed in a crafting table. The Railcraft tank must be open to the sky but will fill slowly with water. Reservoir from EnderIO also can work but will require you to invest a lot of bronze in the Steam Era.

Do also check NEI for food recipes that don't require a water bucket. You can make a veggie salad with potatoes and carrots plus stock and a pot in a crafting bench, for something that can be found in villages or as drops from zombies. It might be low saturation but at least it's easily infinite resource wise.

I hope that helps, this modpack is tough to get going and is focused around a balanced GregTech infrastructure, requiring you to get pretty much all of the GregTech infrastructure set up, depending on how many options you want for processing! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Thanks for the help - For now I'm rocking various Juices.

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
I was watching the console during the most recent restart of the Official Public Server and I noticed almost 9000 lines similar to the following, and the fml-server-latest.log is clocking in at almost 10MB.

Code:
[02:28:29] [Server thread/ERROR] [HardcoreEnderExpansion/HardcoreEnderExpansion]: [HEE-ORB] Corrupted shaped recipe: [Ztones]tile.agonBlock/0 <= {<error:null>, [Ztones]tile.agonBlock/0, <empty>, <empty>, <empty>, <empty>, <empty>, <empty>, <empty>}

Is this normal for 3.2.6?

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I just found something really useful in this modpack: Ztones Garden Soil. Take 4 dirt, 1 seed, and 4 sand, combine them in a crafting table grid and you get Garden Soil that doesn't need a water source, and is an excellent farmland substitute! :D It doesn't beat the vanilla farmland for looks, but it functions identically! :D

Very nice, Jason! :D I still prefer the vanilla farmland for looks but for a quick farm until i can get properly set up, this block is also quite useful and doesn't suffer damage from mobs that would trample ordinary farmland into dirt! Because one doesn't need a water source for hydration, this block can make a farm a little more productive. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Of course not, would we ever nerf something? But self-hydrating soil isn't too bad, though a possible PR may appear on the github later today involving making it the result of the farmland alchemy recipe...

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I was watching the console during the most recent restart of the Official Public Server and I noticed almost 9000 lines similar to the following, and the fml-server-latest.log is clocking in at almost 10MB.

Code:
[02:28:29] [Server thread/ERROR] [HardcoreEnderExpansion/HardcoreEnderExpansion]: [HEE-ORB] Corrupted shaped recipe: [Ztones]tile.agonBlock/0 <= {<error:null>, [Ztones]tile.agonBlock/0, <empty>, <empty>, <empty>, <empty>, <empty>, <empty>, <empty>}

Is this normal for 3.2.6?
Yes that is normal because i disabled one item from Ztones, but the recipes that have that item are badly registered so it did not removed the recipes properly. I will be probably readding that item for sake of cleanup the logs.

The item has two functions. One is changing the Ztones blocks to others (which you can already do by holding alt and using scrollwheel) and second is that it places cobblestone on right click. So if i will move the recipe to MV it should be fine.

So just ignore that. It doesnt break anything, except making logs bigger.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Of course not, would we ever nerf something? But self-hydrating soil isn't too bad, though a possible PR may appear on the github later today involving making it the result of the farmland alchemy recipe...

Well, I tested a 3x3 patch of Cotton Seeds, and the resulting acquisition of cotton to make string was no faster than on vanilla farmland, using an Extra Utilities Watering Can. In fact, I might have picked a bad location or something, because if anything, it was slower than vanilla farmland. Or maybe I didn't test it using the usual 9x9 patch of farmland I normally have growing at the same time. Either way, I can't really see a good reason to nerf it, you'll need sand and dirt to make it anyway so there's that.

At the moment, it's only a convenience factor. One still would have to gather the required resources or prepare space for farming plots anyway. The only thing I possibly don't like is that it doesn't need a hoe, but I had thought something extremely similar to the Ztones Garden Soil was in an entirely different modpack, and that modpack had it in both tilled and untilled versions. That might be a config setting you'd need to turn on in the Ztones config.

Either way, I don't really care if it doesn't stay as is, like I mentioned earlier, it's mostly a convenience, but by no means is it a necessity.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
At the moment, it's only a convenience factor. One still would have to gather the required resources or prepare space for farming plots anyway. The only thing I possibly don't like is that it doesn't need a hoe, but I had thought something extremely similar to the Ztones Garden Soil was in an entirely different modpack, and that modpack had it in both tilled and untilled versions. That might be a config setting you'd need to turn on in the Ztones config.
I'm pretty sure the garden stuff mod adds garden soil or something like it, it's used heavily in Regrowth.