[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

S

Sixpaq

Yes there is a way. Not sure from top of my head under what research prereqs its located, but there is definitely a way to get that.

. . .

Great thank you! My next idea was to check the eio enchanter but don't have tech for dark steel yet. Thx for letting me know that I haven't wasted time :)

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
WOuld like to say, thank you to all who are enjoying the modpack. Thanks to you we are now Listed on the FTB launcher!
That's frickin' awesome Jason and crew! Congrats and thank you for all the time and work you've put into this through the years. I've gotten many, many hours of enjoyment from it (and some frustration :p).

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Jason, I get the below error regarding Paulscode when I start up the modpack occasionally. This causes the launcher to abort loading of the modpack and stops it from completing the load cycle. Is there anything you can do about it?

http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/23f23a36

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
It is tied to the sound. Happened to me few times as well. Spent few hrs trying to find permanent fix but without any luck. I had opened other games (for instance just few days ago i was playing Black Desert Online whilst trying to work on the modpack, and MC just wouldnt start with exactly same error). Restarting PC fixed it.

I recommend doing full PC update (all drivers, java, windows updates etc...). This error tend to happen also just with vanilla from time to time, so it is not the pack. On modpacks it has higher chance to happen because of the amount of sounds added by didferent mods.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Can you turn apple oak sapling into plantballs? I didn't find a recipe in NEI, it would be neat if that'd work.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Ive looked into it as well as i want it for biogas production but as far as i can tell it is not possible to turn sapplings into biochaff. Apples however can be compressed into plant balls that can be macerated into biochaff and then dirt.*

The only use ive seen so far from sapplings is to make ethanol (think i might actually go that route because reasons i have tons of apples and sapplings im just voiding) and herba to run the lamps of growth. If someone has some other uses for them i would love to know

The best way i found is to shear the leaves and turn those into biochaff. 8 leaves is potentially 1 dirt and they add upp extremly quickly so it should be a good option. I'm producing the leaves with a ender io farming station with fully uppgraded and enchanted dark iron shear and axe. My farm is very heavily pimped so it produces about 1 stack of leaves per second thanks to lamps of growth and fertilizers but even without boosters and minimum size it should produce enough leaves to cover your needs.

If you are in low tech i'm afraid your best option is likely to gather it manually. I would recomend the thaumcraft shovel of the earthmover and then just go to town on some soil a nice distance from your base with a jabba barrel and a dolly. 64 stacks of dirt shouldnt take that long to gather and should last you quite some time

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Yes there is a way. Not sure from top of my head under what research prereqs its located, but there is definitely a way to get that.

The only keybind that is "t" and what might cause an issue is the ExtraUtilities one for Search Nearby Inventories.
This keybind is located under NEI settings (open inventory > OPTIONS on bottom left > KEYBINDINGS > INVENTORY > SEARCH NEARBY INVENTORY)

I can't change it to something else, because:
1) If I would do, I would need to push all the keybinds, which would always overwrite player settings
2) ExU is no longer updated for 1.7 and there is no option to change it in the ExU configs

Yep, that seams to have worked.

Reactions: Jason McRay

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
TechRush team from official server is proud to bring you sustainable MK3 fusion reactor:

V0kg4qs.png

MOXfOKW.jpg

g1NdDCJ.jpg

Magnesium-silicon recipe this time, and everything is produced by BEES!
This is the fuel setup. It's very simple:

OtQlYj7.png

Simmering combs (here from Demonic bees for extra glowstone) are processed for phophor -> lava -> obsidian -> obsidian dust -> magnesium and silicon.

ttPGwB1.png

As you can see, we are producing more plasma than we can use :) (don't worry, already working on that)

53XLLI0.png

Plasma can be distributed between turbines and generators with AE p2p tunnels:

kyOTG02.png

Well, that's it. I'm quite happy with it, I hope you like it. Already have 2 other big project in mind :).

iHSKZcR.png

bvFFMof.png

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Just a small question regarding fusion that i have always had some problem with. What the hell do you do with all that power once you have built a fusion reactor? I mean i have problems using all the power i get from my 14400 eu/t lava setup so what would i make of the huge outputs of a fusion reactor. Just voiding energy feels fundamentaly wrong for me as im a bit of an efficiency freak.

So my real question is really: What are the end game power consumers in infitech?

This is one of the main reason why i havent gotten into nuclear yet as i really dont see the need to continously produce 10k+ eu/t as i don't have any clue what i could do to spend that amount of power.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Just a small question regarding fusion that i have always had some problem with. What the hell do you do with all that power once you have built a fusion reactor? I mean i have problems using all the power i get from my 14400 eu/t lava setup so what would i make of the huge outputs of a fusion reactor. Just voiding energy feels fundamentaly wrong for me as im a bit of an efficiency freak.

So my real question is really: What are the end game power consumers in infitech?

This is one of the main reason why i havent gotten into nuclear yet as i really dont see the need to continously produce 10k+ eu/t as i don't have any clue what i could do to spend that amount of power.
You are not alone who dont know what to do with that amount of power from Fusion.... We are planning to add RFTools to the pack, mainly for dimension creation, which would be end-game stuff, highly power consuming. But no promises RFTools will make it into the pack.... its quite big task to balance it properly... (not talking about recipes, but the power usage for diferent dimlets)

donto

Jul 29, 2019
what is the easiest way to update my server, do i have to reupload everything again?

Edit: also, do i need to create a new world with the new update?

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Ive always loved the concept of the UU matter concept in IC2 to consume power however i think it could use a real update as it is a bit to simple.

However the main idea of using tremendous amounts of power to be able to massproduce ANYTHING is a really cool idea and is a perfect end use for huge amounts of power.

Im not so much for keeping the recycling part of the design but the basic premis would be to have a very large and expensive multiblock mass fabricator structure that uses enormous amounts of power and some kind of physical catalyst to produce any other material as long as you have the information of that material scanned and saved in an high tech memory card.

Basically have 1 large and complex production line to produce the physical catalyst and also something to scan raw material for the recepie and finally the matter fabricator multiblock to create any basic element you can find in the game. I think that would be a really cool end game goal to have and would give you something to do with the power from fusion reactors.

For the physical catalyst it could retain some of the old concept of turning things into scrap but instead you take any raw material and turn that into a catalyst with the amount you get depends on the raw material. So if you have a lot of excess crap building up from other processes you can just turn it into the catalyst and then refine it into whatever you want :)

I do realise making a system like this would be a lot of work but i think it would make for a very nice GT end game goal of being able to automate the production of ANY material in the game.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
what is the easiest way to update my server, do i have to reupload everything again?

Mostly you will just need to replace config, mods and scripts folders on your server. - Thats if the modpack doesn't have updated Forge version
If the forge version has been updated (it is mentioned in the changelog) you will also want to replace libraries and server-forge.jar.

World is unafacted by this, so no need for new world after an update. But that doesnt mean to not make a backup, because sometimes stuff might go wrong. So better be safe than sorry

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
The latest version seems to suffer from drastically increased loading times for some reason. The primary hiccup in the FTB Console is the Infinity Core mod dressing capes, takes longer than the "Don't kill minecraft with task manager pls. Before that there are some errors thrown, an NPE about microblocks and Pneumatic missing ctmlib, although these don't really cause any crashes or increased loading times.
Edit: Took approximately 6 minutes for the dressing capes step to finish.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019

We don't void any power. Plasma doesn't get consumed unless it's needed to fill up a battery buffer that's been under load. We have both large plasma turbines and single-block plasma generators. Honestly I'd rather use the lower efficiency single-block generators as they're just less of a hassle and require no maintenance. Repairing/replacing turbine blades and fussing around with fluid regulation is a PITA and just not really worth it once you have the materials for MarkIII generators.
  • We've updated almost all of our automated crafting machines to IV tier. Right now these are running off of naquadah, but could easily be plasma instead. There's a few older EV machines that should be upgraded to IV soon also. And I've got some old MV machines in my little Thaumcraft work area that will get switched to IV off plasma soon also.
  • We run 10 EBFs currently and 2 vacuum freezers. 5 of the EBFs are overclocked to IV and 4 are EV. 1 is basically just dedicated to titanium at HV. There have been times when 10 overclocked EBFs aren't even enough.
  • We've got an end-to-end automated ore processing system. Currently it's all HV running of nitro diesel. Maybe we'll upgrade this to IV some day, or at least the slower parts of it.
  • We've got around 20 industrial apiaries running currently and will soon have over 50...maybe more. These consume a boatload of EU/t when they're max upgraded.
  • Our entire oil processing line runs off various gas turbines and diesel generators right now. Dark just upgraded our heavy fuel tank from a Quantum Tank 3 to a Quantum Tank 5 because the QT3 was full. Maybe if we upgrade some parts of this system to higher voltages we'll go through that heavy fuel faster. We don't even really need nitrodiesel anymore with the power we can generate from plasma and naquadah, but we do still need the naptha, toulene, etc for other products.
  • Our AE2 network consumes just shy of 1000EU/t as of when I checked last night. But that's with only 1 quantum bridge up and running. There will be more quantum bridges in the future and there's some other things that can be done with molecular assemblers to improve our setup now that we have the resources to do so.
  • We are replicating Americanium non-stop from UU-matter. We'll soon be consuming a LOT more UU-matter.
  • We have 8 linked Stargates, with a 9th to be set up soon. I'm sure we'll find more places to set up Stargates to also. These mostly run off naquadah and nitrodiesel depending on how often they get used.
Do we need all that power? Naw. We could all just be satisfied with living in a dirt hut and fishing for food. There's no reason to build anything more than that. But one of the big draws of this pack is to build grandiose solutions to ridiculous problems. And what better way to power all that than with a big-ass fusion reactor?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
The latest version seems to suffer from drastically increased loading times for some reason. The primary hiccup in the FTB Console is the Infinity Core mod dressing capes, takes longer than the "Don't kill minecraft with task manager pls. Before that there are some errors thrown, an NPE about microblocks and Pneumatic missing ctmlib, although these don't really cause any crashes or increased loading times.
Edit: Took approximately 6 minutes for the dressing capes step to finish.
In the last update there was quite fair amount of added recipes and stuff, so GT is taking unfortunately longer to scan through these. Nothing we can do about that. Just start the modpack and get yourself a coffee in the meantime its loading :D

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
And what better way to power all that than with a big-ass fusion reactor?

+1 just for that.

(That's actually one of the reasons I like Mekanism, it adds a badass(imo) fusion reactor which requires a lot of materials to set up, a lot of power to ingnite the deuterium or tritium(or D-T fuel, a combination of the two hidrogen isotopes mentioned before which is just a bunch of power) but beyond that is just water)

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
In the last update there was quite fair amount of added recipes and stuff, so GT is taking unfortunately longer to scan through these. Nothing we can do about that. Just start the modpack and get yourself a coffee in the meantime its loading :D

Aha, I don't really mind if it was additional recipes that were added, however I was just surprised since it got stuck at "Dressing Capes", yes a coffee is quite a good idea although in this heat ice-cream seems more viable imho.

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019

I maintain the official Public Server with @Groveham and we have developed a thorough procedure we follow every time we update the server. I am at work right now, but I will publish our procedure here when I get home (in about 4 or 5 hours). It is about as easy @jason indicates, but having a procedure keeps us from missing any steps.

Last edited: