[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Pixelmnkey

Jul 29, 2019
No idea then? It's imposible to get some researches with this issue :/
Edit: Also it looks like I'm not able to craft soularium in the smelter as NEI say o_O
Edit 2: It looks like I can't craft any items from Ender IO wich needs a GT machine, such as capacitors, soularium etc.

Last edited:

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Well you kinda have it with the large boilers (althought the efficiency is in question). Do you mean something like the large gas turbine but with liquid fuels? That actually makes a lot of sense :)

Z

zbtiqua

My server just updated from Infitech 3.1.23 to 3.2.2 and my mass fab setup stopped working. Any ideas why this would be?

Setup is: IV Battery buffer (1 amp) -> EV Transformer (1) -> 12x Alum cable -> HV Transformers (16) -> MV Transformers (1 per HV transformer) -> 12x Annealed Copper Cable -> LV Transformers (8 per MV transformer) -> LV Mass Fabs (1 per LV transformer)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
No idea then? It's imposible to get some researches with this issue :/
Edit: Also it looks like I'm not able to craft soularium in the smelter as NEI say o_O
Edit 2: It looks like I can't craft any items from Ender IO wich needs a GT machine, such as capacitors, soularium etc.
Did you tested on Singleplayer?

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I guess better to do it when the worlds are fresh, and not overly explored....

3.2.3 will have BP removed, we will switch back to PrRed.

Ok little change of plans... 3.2.4 will have it removed, so we can give players more time to swap and prepare!
3.2.3 will contain both mods (PrRed and BP, with already changed few recipes)

3.2.4 sounds okay to me, I never seem to be finding much time lately to really stick myself into developing something. :D Just getting set up somewhere seems to take forever to find a half-decent base location, although, now it's somewhat easier since much-needed ores generate at lower levels! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Welp this is strange, in ssp it works ( Atleast the capacitor crafting in the assembler ) but no idea if the thaumonomicon crash still is there, I must say that ssp is a fresh new world while the server isn't.
OK then something is wrong on the server. The best would be to replace the scripts folder on the server with the scripts folder from the clients.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Building on Mikhails question earlier:
Making a liquid fuel multiblock turbine would actually solve a lot of the previous problems ive mentioned with liquid fuels in EV and IV. Especially if you make the large liquid fuel turbine require titanium instead of tungstensteel to make. The additional boost in efficiency would be the same as the turbine rotor which would give the distillation setups a pretty nice output and you would be able to skip on using the boiler as a pre step to produce power which makes sense since it is already a refined fuel. Being able to skip out of the extra tungstensteel would also help it compete against the tungstensteel boiler as tungstensteel is usually quite restricted if you dont have a tungsten vein.

Basically just copy the large gas turbine multiblock with a new controler that uses liquid refined fuels instead of gas with everything else being the same. Should balance things out nicely without ruining anything for anyone

Last edited:

buncheesy

Jul 29, 2019
total noob question here. Does the coke oven recipe require the use of a 'mixer' the mixer being an electrical machine? Cant find alternative in NEI. I note in the lets plays coke ovens are basically the first thing made. has this been changed?

If so I take it I should just mine coal for a while?

In addition after about 3 hours of wandering about I cant find a swamp biome. Any simple alternative way to get slimeballs?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
total noob question here. Does the coke oven recipe require the use of a 'mixer' the mixer being an electrical machine? Cant find alternative in NEI. I note in the lets plays coke ovens are basically the first thing made. has this been changed?

If so I take it I should just mine coal for a while?

In addition after about 3 hours of wandering about I cant find a swamp biome. Any simple alternative way to get slimeballs?
Slimes spawn in slime chunks, the slimalyzer helps find them, you'll need a slimeball to make it along with 6 iron and a redstone dust but slime chunks are definitely an option.

Yes the coke oven needs LV now, note however that a new machine was added called the charcoal pit, an early game GT method of getting charcoal, there's a manual you can craft for more info in game or you can get a little info from the wiki.

Reactions: buncheesy

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget you can get your first slimeballs easily by fishing for jellyfish, either manually (with a fishing pole) or with Pam's fish trap. Once you have a few slimeballs, then a slimalyzer is the important step to find nearby slimechunks so you can build a slime farm. Who needs rubber?... you will be voiding slime in no time!

Reactions: buncheesy

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Don't forget you can get your first slimeballs easily by fishing for jellyfish, either manually (with a fishing pole) or with Pam's fish trap. Once you have a few slimeballs, then a slimalyzer is the important step to find nearby slimechunks so you can build a slime farm. Who needs rubber?... you will be voiding slime in no time!

Don't let Jason hear that, he's rather keen on keeping rubber products starting out in the GregTech Steam era! :D It's all good, it's to keep the GregTech progression in line with the difficulty level of this modpack. ;)

Also, if you've actually played this pack a bit, you will find that some things are not substitutable! ;)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Slime balls don't actually shortcut rubber production, they just prevent the need for rubber trees, as you can extract them for two raw rubber dust or smelt them to get sticky resin for three. So yeah, just provide an alternative for the basic resource farm, should be totally fine balance wise.

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
Slime balls don't actually shortcut rubber production, they just prevent the need for rubber trees, as you can extract them for two raw rubber dust or smelt them to get sticky resin for three. So yeah, just provide an alternative for the basic resource farm, should be totally fine balance wise.
Agreed. Plus it makes for a fair XP farm early on... win-win-win :-D

Z

zbtiqua

My server just updated from Infitech 3.1.23 to 3.2.2 and my mass fab setup stopped working. Any ideas why this would be?

Setup is: IV Battery buffer (1 amp) -> EV Transformer (1) -> 12x Alum cable -> HV Transformers (16) -> MV Transformers (1 per HV transformer) -> 12x Annealed Copper Cable -> LV Transformers (8 per MV transformer) -> LV Mass Fabs (1 per LV transformer)

Does anyone have any idea on this question? I'm really drawing a blank. Was working 100% before the update

Last edited:

buncheesy

Jul 29, 2019

Man I have a lot to learn......