[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this has been reported or if maybe its only me
but i am playing on my friends Single Player game with him via Hamatchi, and we have almost completed the Thaumcraft quests (only need tainticle ring and no idea how to get it XD)
and are delving pretty far into Botania and Ars magica now. However i am trying to use the Magica Wizard chalk to create the ritual to allow my obilisks to work at night and day time as passive generators

and every time i start placing the chalk down the game just crashes and closes to desktop
Have even tried spawning in the chalk runes themselves and placing them creates the crash aswell

Has this been reported / any known fixes ?? or will you need the crash log ?? (i will have to get it sent to me ASAP if so)

I am going to need a crash log, but nobody else has reported this bug as far as I know.

Arachnid_XIII

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, he has sent me the crash report.. Hopefully you can make some sence from it and figure out whats wrong
Please find it attatched

Attachments

• crash-2016-01-03_15.20.21-client.txt
    43.3 KB · Views: 136

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, he has sent me the crash report.. Hopefully you can make some sence from it and figure out whats wrong
Please find it attatched

The crash report references rendering errors. The crash report mentions Optifine being installed, try removing it and test it once more.

Though this may just be garbage in the crash report, it also references an ItemFrame being rendered at X:888, Y: 51, Z -1877.5. Try destroying the frame if removing Optifine does not work.

-- Entity being rendered --
Details:
Entity Type: ItemFrame (net.minecraft.entity.item.EntityItemFrame)
Entity ID: 189
Entity Name: entity.ItemFrame.name
Entity's Exact location: 888.94, 51.50, -1877.50
Entity's Block location: World: (888,51,-1878), Chunk: (at 8,3,10 in 55,-118; contains blocks 880,0,-1888 to 895,255,-1873), Region: (1,-4; contains chunks 32,-128 to 63,-97, blocks 512,0,-2048 to 1023,255,-1537)
Entity's Momentum: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Remove Optifine and attempt to recreate crashes beforehand, Optifine is unsupported by nearly every mod as it does silly things to minecraft's rendering code.

Let me know if this helps you, thanks.

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
Is this pack still being updated? I'm still playing it, a little bit every now and then, and I don't see anything super important to update, but I'm curious if there will be the new botania versions of stuff like that (Little example: the sparks are a lot cheaper in the new versions, but I might just change the recipe in my local instance)

Talonos

Jul 29, 2019
As for the Blightfall map, I'm pretty sure how he did that was by using natural worldgen to make the world, and then overriding ALL biomes with Tainted Lands except for some select areas...

A little of Column A, a little of Column B.

Amusingly enough, the world tainting was so complete I had to go untaint the biodomes and scout locations with silverleaf purity potions before shipping the map, or the taint would sometimes destroy noded silverwood trees before the node managed to purify the biome.

In the 1.6.4 version of Blightfall, I just turned the taint gen up to 100%, because taint was a chunk-based overlay, not its own biome. That left oceans, deserts, and rivers untainted, as you said. I got around it by renaming them to ocens, dsrts, and rvrs. The biome blacklist was hardcoded into Thaumcraft back then, so renaming the biomes fixed my issues.

Speaking of deserts, they slowly turn into dirt while tainted because of a Thaumcraft bug Azinor was too busy to fix. (he was working on the 1.8 port at the time) I was only able to fix that in Blightfall because CanVox is a ninja.

All the custom modding done for Blightfall is permissively licenced, so you're welcome to use whatever. Problem is, we were in a hurry when we wrote it so it won't work out of the box for any pack except Blightfall. If you've got a modder able to help, feel free to swipe whatever code you want, though.

Reactions: shade_of_ox

Arachnid_XIII

Jul 29, 2019
That crash is from OptiFine "Smooth" chunk loading mode. Was happening to me as well.
Thanks for the fixes guys
I removed optifine and it worked fine
then re-added optifine and changed the Chink loading from smooth and it still worked

Why is it optifine is causing these crashes ??

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Optifine changes the Minecraft rendering code, any mods that interact with it have a chance to cause crashes or undesired visual effects.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
A little of Column A, a little of Column B.

Amusingly enough, the world tainting was so complete I had to go untaint the biodomes and scout locations with silverleaf purity potions before shipping the map, or the taint would sometimes destroy noded silverwood trees before the node managed to purify the biome.

In the 1.6.4 version of Blightfall, I just turned the taint gen up to 100%, because taint was a chunk-based overlay, not its own biome. That left oceans, deserts, and rivers untainted, as you said. I got around it by renaming them to ocens, dsrts, and rvrs. The biome blacklist was hardcoded into Thaumcraft back then, so renaming the biomes fixed my issues.

Speaking of deserts, they slowly turn into dirt while tainted because of a Thaumcraft bug Azinor was too busy to fix. (he was working on the 1.8 port at the time) I was only able to fix that in Blightfall because CanVox is a ninja.

All the custom modding done for Blightfall is permissively licenced, so you're welcome to use whatever. Problem is, we were in a hurry when we wrote it so it won't work out of the box for any pack except Blightfall. If you've got a modder able to help, feel free to swipe whatever code you want, though.
I noticed a little of the trees being destroyed, sometimes there would just be puddles of Flux Goo instead of a few of the wood blocks. The node would still be there, though, so nothing was really affected aside from it being kinda gross. :p

Nice of you to let other people use your code for free, though. :)

B

BlackSoldierB

When I install Sphax PureDBcraft, the grass goes back to green. Is there a fix for that?

B

BlackSoldierB

My Waila says that it is grass. How does the mod change the texture, without texture pack?

Maybe I can just replace the grass texture.

TheAtomicOption

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else noticed that Zombie Dogs with SpecialMobs attributes spawn like weeds in the Twilight Forest? They're fucking everywhere. I tried using the SpawnZombieDogs config option in Gravestone's config, but it didn't stop them.

I used the BiomeTweaker output to find out where they are and wrote a BiomeTweaker script that removes them from some of the biomes (see code comments for more details). This is only a partial fix, but it makes Twilight Forest a bit more useable.

Code:
//Select affected Twilight Forest biomes Tw.Forest 41, Tw.Highlands 43, TW.Oak Savanna 50, Dense Twilight forest 42, Deep Mushroom Forest 52, Firefly Forest 51, mushroom forest 44, snowy forest 47
TW = forBiomes(41,42,43,44,47,50,51,52)

// RemoveAllSpawns seems to work, but obviously can't work for biomes below that have other spawns set.
TW.removeAllSpawns("MONSTER")

//biomes with other MONSTER spawns besides Zombie Dogs:
//Enchanted Forest 56, magical forest 193, Birch forest Hills 28,
//birch forest 27, Cold Taiga Hills 31, Cold Taiga 30, Extreme Hills+ 34,
//forest 4, foresthills 18, jungle Edge 23, mega Taiga hills 33,
//mega Taiga 32, roofed forest 29, Taiga 5, taiga hills 19
//witchwood forest 100

//attempted to remove from all biomes
allBiomes = forAllBiomes()
//specificly remove zombie dogs. This command doesn't seem to work.
allBiomes.removeSpawn("gravestone.entity.monster.EntityZombieDog",
"MONSTER")

Caveat to the above: I noticed a number of mods weren't up to date and decided to update them on my own.
Adventure Backpack
AgriCraft
Automagy
BiblioCraft
Botania
DoomlikeDungeons
Extended Potions
Forbidden Magic
GraveStone
HungerOverhaul
MobProperties
NEI Addons
NEI Integration
NEI
Pam's HarvestCraft
Runic Dungeons
Special Mobs
Storage Drawers
Tainted Magic
Thaumic Exploration
Thaumic Horizons
Thaumic Infusion

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else noticed that Zombie Dogs with SpecialMobs attributes spawn like weeds in the Twilight Forest? They're fucking everywhere. I tried using the SpawnZombieDogs config option in Gravestone's config, but it didn't stop them.

I used the BiomeTweaker output to find out where they are and wrote a BiomeTweaker script that removes them from some of the biomes (see code comments for more details). This is only a partial fix, but it makes Twilight Forest a bit more useable.

Code:
//Select affected Twilight Forest biomes Tw.Forest 41, Tw.Highlands 43, TW.Oak Savanna 50, Dense Twilight forest 42, Deep Mushroom Forest 52, Firefly Forest 51, mushroom forest 44, snowy forest 47
TW = forBiomes(41,42,43,44,47,50,51,52)

// RemoveAllSpawns seems to work, but obviously can't work for biomes below that have other spawns set.
TW.removeAllSpawns("MONSTER")

//biomes with other MONSTER spawns besides Zombie Dogs:
//Enchanted Forest 56, magical forest 193, Birch forest Hills 28,
//birch forest 27, Cold Taiga Hills 31, Cold Taiga 30, Extreme Hills+ 34,
//forest 4, foresthills 18, jungle Edge 23, mega Taiga hills 33,
//mega Taiga 32, roofed forest 29, Taiga 5, taiga hills 19
//witchwood forest 100

//attempted to remove from all biomes
allBiomes = forAllBiomes()
//specificly remove zombie dogs. This command doesn't seem to work.
allBiomes.removeSpawn("gravestone.entity.monster.EntityZombieDog",
"MONSTER")

Caveat to the above: I noticed a number of mods weren't up to date and decided to update them on my own.
Adventure Backpack
AgriCraft
Automagy
BiblioCraft
Botania
DoomlikeDungeons
Extended Potions
Forbidden Magic
GraveStone
HungerOverhaul
MobProperties
NEI Addons
NEI Integration
NEI
Pam's HarvestCraft
Runic Dungeons
Special Mobs
Storage Drawers
Tainted Magic
Thaumic Exploration
Thaumic Horizons
Thaumic Infusion

That was made because people were sneaky and tried to circumvent the whole tainted business altogether.

Legorobo4

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, First I really like this modpack, but I'm posting this here as I've never had this bug before.

Okay, so I came back to Hubris after I stoppe playing MC for a while and when I loaded my world it was rediculosly laggy. I discovered the problem to be an obsene amount of squids just outside my home (I'm on a penisula beach) and I can't seem to kill the buggers off and I am running out of ideas. Just asking as I would hate to lose this world as I've acumalted alot of stuff and don't want to restart my restart if I don't need too.