Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a long time since I've played, and I just started up a world on Infinity expert. How does IC2 power work now? Do machines still need transformers? And does cables loss still exist? I can't seem to find any up to date documentation on it.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
It's been a long time since I've played, and I just started up a world on Infinity expert. How does IC2 power work now? Do machines still need transformers? And does cables loss still exist? I can't seem to find any up to date documentation on it.
Cable loss still exists I think, but you don't need to worry about voltage anymore apparently.

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

Selway

Jul 29, 2019

Machines no longer explode no matter what. Do not ever put in a transformer upgrade into any machine. Energy is still sent in packets though which is different than RF. this basically means a wire can transport as much power as you want as long as the packets of EU are not greater that what the wire can support. In other words you could put hundreds of quantum solar panels on one fibre optic cable. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also machines can stil break if not picked up with a powered wrench. Dolly carts work too and save settings etc. Ic2 wiki is pretty good too.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
*looks at Tekkit Legends*

There is an option in the configs to enable explosions. I've lost a few macerators that way.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
No power loss unlese you enable it in configs, no explosions because the new E-Net cannot simulate voltage corectly, use the electric wrench in loseless mode.

Machines no longer explode no matter what. Do not ever put in a transformer upgrade into any machine. Energy is still sent in packets though which is different than RF. this basically means a wire can transport as much power as you want as long as the packets of EU are not greater that what the wire can support. In other words you could put hundreds of quantum solar panels on one fibre optic cable. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also machines can stil break if not picked up with a powered wrench. Dolly carts work too and save settings etc. Ic2 wiki is pretty good too.
Read what I said above, also because IC2 is in the experimental state the IC2Wiki may not ve up to date

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any mod that does the same as extra bees (adds bees that produce the metal combs) that works with the current version of Forestry?

Binnies mod is what is now Extra Bees, but that doesn't work with Forestry 4

MrsMeowys

Jul 29, 2019
Now I am having a random problem which I didn't have before...
I can't see my cursor while I am ingame, I can't manage to even have it on the main options and menus.
I tried to do all of this already: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/51351/mouse-cursor-wont-display-in-full-screen-games (even tried no-aero theme) and nothing seems to be working...
It's only happening with FTB launcher, it works with multimc and vanilla minecraft. :S

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Infinity Expert mode:

Rolling Machine and Compressor won't connect to my quartz Kenisis pipes for power. Running 3 Hobbyist Steam Engines into wooden Kenisis, into quartz. Power transfers to Rock Crusher, Carpenter, and Lasers no problem. Clear visual disconnect from Kenisis pipe to both the Rolling Machine and Compressor.

Help?

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Infinity Expert mode:

Rolling Machine and Compressor won't connect to my quartz Kenisis pipes for power. Running 3 Hobbyist Steam Engines into wooden Kenisis, into quartz. Power transfers to Rock Crusher, Carpenter, and Lasers no problem. Clear visual disconnect from Kenisis pipe to both the Rolling Machine and Compressor.

Help?
The compressor is from IC2ex which uses EU, either make an IC2 generator or make Immersive Engineering cables. I don't know what's the problem woth the Rolling Machine.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
The compressor is from IC2ex which uses EU, either make an IC2 generator or make Immersive Engineering cables. I don't know what's the problem woth the Rolling Machine.

IC2ex? I was under the impression that in Infinity, EU was not used, or at least all items would now take RF. The engines make RF, the transport tubes transport RF, all the machines are supposed to take RF... Or so I thought...

Anyone else?

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
IC2ex? I was under the impression that in Infinity, EU was not used, or at least all items would now take RF. The engines make RF, the transport tubes transport RF, all the machines are supposed to take RF... Or so I thought...

Anyone else?
There are different ways of converting EU to RF, and RF to EU

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019

Anyone else?
You can use Immersive Engineering wires to convert RF to EU

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I'm stuck on how to learn Bottled Taint. This is Regrowth pack, but I don't think it changes research requirements. I have researched Liquid Death, and scanned a Tainted Slime and a Tainted Goo. Do I need to unlock the Eldritch tab?

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So... after a server-mate had a serious IC2 nuclear accident on our Infinity Evolved Expert Mode server, we've apparently learned something - one layer of IC2 Reinforced Stone is not enough. Is that correct? Is two layers enough to contain nuclear explosions? What about openings to pass cables thru? How best to shield those and prevent a blast from escaping? We're only using one chunk loader per player so there's no possibility of placing the nukes outside the base, we're pretty much forced to build in our little 3x3's.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
So... after a server-mate had a serious IC2 nuclear accident on our Infinity Evolved Expert Mode server, we've apparently learned something - one layer of IC2 Reinforced Stone is not enough. Is that correct? Is two layers enough to contain nuclear explosions? What about openings to pass cables thru? How best to shield those and prevent a blast from escaping? We're only using one chunk loader per player so there's no possibility of placing the nukes outside the base, we're pretty much forced to build in our little 3x3's.
I think three layers is typically enough. And building it below ground can help. So do regular backups

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
You can use Immersive Engineering wires to convert RF to EU

Just went thru this in Infinity Evolved Expert Mode - max transfer thru the Immersive HV connection is 4096 RF/t. And the conversion thru an HV connector is 4 RF/t = 1 EU/t, so 4096 RF/t becomes 1024 EU/t. Or vice versa. 1024 EU/t becomes 4096 RF/t.

By using all six sides of a Tesseract along with Immersive HV Connectors, Wire Relays and HV Wire Coils, you can design a setup using 12 MFE's (at 512 EU/t output each) to convert a total of 6144 EU/t into 24,576 RF/t - or vice versa. Use 2 MFE's per side of the Tess. You cannot use MFSU's because their 2048 EU/t output converts into 8192 RF/t, too large for the HV Connectors and it simply won't do anything. You can output RF/t into MFSU's just fine, but you cannot send MFSU power into a Tess to convert EU to RF - you must use the MFE's in that direction.

This method is pretty much how I'm running my wall of Recyclers, my line of Mass Fabricators and my Replicator off my Big Reactor turbines.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I did some experiments a while back on this(was in 1.6.4 I think) and it all depends on the severity of the blast. The blast of a small nuclear reactor can be encased by a single layer of reinforced stone, but the more complex the reactor is(probably the more fuel rods you have) the bigger the explosion.
And the way explosions seem to work in Minecraft(or the way I look at it) is that an explosion of XX magnitude takes YY blocks to stop. And blocks blast resistance can then make it count for several blocks in this calculation. So the bigger the reactor the more layers of high blast resistant materials you need.

Either make your cable openings go up or down and then make sure nothing is in those directions. You can try funnel the cables through an angled corridor, but from my experiments the blasts bugged out and came through nonetheless. If construction foam is still a thing, then apply that to the cables. It has a decent blast resistance(half of that of the reinforced stone I think).

EDIT: recommends double layer should stop most nuclear explosions: http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Reinforced_Stone

Reactions: asb3pe

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
How do I deal with weeds because they ate my prized crops

There's supposed to be a config to disable weeds... They're turned off in "Regrowth", for example. I stay with whatever is set by default, or I could tell you what and where the config is.