Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I drop the BC Pump over the oil geyser and plop a Tesseract on top of it - Receive Power/Send Fluids. It immediately begins working, but it is slow and takes 2 hour to clear out the large oil wells. My tesseract is drawing power from my max-sized Big Reactor Turbine at around 28K RF/t and the Oil goes into a Railcraft Tank via the same channel on the Tess. There's no bottleneck on my power (this setup runs my Ender Quarry at lightning speeds), the bottleneck is absolutely on the BC Pump. It has always pumped at this slow speed no matter what modpack I play, I've been doing this method for a few years now.

I often fly down into the well to wait for it to finish, so I can return back to base. I watch it work. It removes 1-3 blocks of oil per second, roughly. So each level of the oil will take 10 minutes or so to finish, and the big wells can have 12+ levels to drain down.

I'd sure love to solve this problem, but I just don't think your answer is correct, unfortunately. Someone show me I'm the one who is wrong!

I don't know if this would solve your problem with the slowness, but the BC Pump has the ability to suck up fluids from whatever touches it's pipe. This is a recently added feature, I discovered this when I was clearing out a lava lake in a map I was playing. Why not move the BC pump down to where it can directly touch the main oil deposit, and see if it sucks up the oil column from above as it comes flowing down?

Instead of having to wait for the pump to descend to the next layer you only have to wait for the oil to flow down, unless the BC Pump starts at the topmost liquid tile it can find and works it's way down from that.

The BC pump can take quite a bit of time to suck out a large oil deposit, it's very cheap resource-wise though. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

P

PRESH

Get rid of... ReactorCraft radiation, I'm guessing? There's really not much you can do, other than wait. Rain supposedly helps. Be sure to remove the source of the radioactivity, whether it be a leaking storage tank, a random piece of nuclear waste on the ground, or a corium source block.

Also, I believe there's a creative-only item that can delete the radiation entities. Use the radiation goggles to see them.
i dont seem to have radiation goggles...

T

Totkäppchen

The Stil alive music disc doesn't play (FTB ultimate)
what should i do?
THX! :D

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to recall that Tinkers Construct tools do not despawn? Isn't that correct? Or was that only in specific modpacks? I'm asking because I seem to have dropped my Enderium Pickaxe somewhere in my base as I was working this morning and I cannot find it. That makes me think it despawned, but... maybe there is still hope for it? Since it is long past the five minute mark now, did it despawn or will I find it eventually?

Edit: FOUND. Somehow it ended up in my IC2 Recycler system and made its way to an empty Jabba barrel. LOL

Last edited:
C

Chaz Serir

Is there any chance we'll see a tech-only pack for 1.7? I miss playing Tech World 2, and arguably Magic World 2 has already been brought to 1.7 with the magic-focused Mage Quest pack, but there's very few if any packs for 1.7 that focus purely on tech, not just in FTB but in other launchers too, and that kinda makes me sad.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any chance we'll see a tech-only pack for 1.7? I miss playing Tech World 2, and arguably Magic World 2 has already been brought to 1.7 with the magic-focused Mage Quest pack, but there's very few if any packs for 1.7 that focus purely on tech, not just in FTB but in other launchers too, and that kinda makes me sad.
Third Party Shameless Plug, but there is a pack called Mine Co, code is MINECO, but it has no magic. It is an interesting take on HQM and is about to have a world reset update.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So I made the IC2 Nano Suit with the nightvision helmet. Alt-M was used to turn nightvision on/off (which is the IC2 Mode Switch key). However, I upgraded to the Advanced Solar Panels version of the helmet (called 'Advanced Solar Helmet') and now the nightvision doesn't turn on or off anymore using Alt-M. Should it be working? Or does the nightvision aspect of the Nano Suit go away when you upgrade to the Solar version?

klf7

Jul 29, 2019
Only Thermal Foundation mobs are invisible for me why is that? btw on ftb infinity and yes this was from the start on multiple pack downloads with no more mods added but since then ive lived with it and added mods i play single player only please help

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Only Thermal Foundation mobs are invisible for me why is that? btw on ftb infinity and yes this was from the start on multiple pack downloads with no more mods added but since then ive lived with it and added mods i play single player only please help
Guessing it's missing textures, try reinstalling the pack. Backup your saves first.

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

klf7

Jul 29, 2019
Guessing it's missing textures, try reinstalling the pack. Backup your saves first.

thanks for the reply but no i checked textures are there and i reinstalled the pack i kid you not 23 times now because i needed blizz mobs but i found a work around its just annoying that i cant see them or hit them but they can hit me any other ideas??

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
thanks for the reply but no i checked textures are there and i reinstalled the pack i kid you not 23 times now because i needed blizz mobs but i found a work around its just annoying that i cant see them or hit them but they can hit me any other ideas??
I believe they are disableable in the config (is that even a word?)

klf7

Jul 29, 2019
Did you try spawning them in a test world with spawn eggs?

yes but unfortunately they are still not visible or hitable the only way i can kill them or any player thats in my lan world is by the kill all command lava and tnt or anything else doesn't hurt them either lol

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
yes but unfortunately they are still not visible or hitable the only way i can kill them or any player thats in my lan world is by the kill all command lava and tnt or anything else doesn't hurt them either lol
Has this only happened recently?

klf7

Jul 29, 2019
Has this only happened recently?

sadly no its been like that ever since i used infinity evolved and 2 people i know have this problem too even when there on single player but everyone else i play with doesn't so i thought it might be a pc thing but all of are hardware is way different i found a few sites that show others that have this problem outside of me and some friends and it only seems to be a client problem as far as i can tell its never happened on a multiplayer server unless its lan like i use with friends and the weird thing is the few i play with that doesnt have this problem crash when a blaze is near for them but for the rest of us it just stays innvisable

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
sadly no its been like that ever since i used infinity evolved and 2 people i know have this problem too even when there on single player but everyone else i play with doesn't so i thought it might be a pc thing but all of are hardware is way different i found a few sites that show others that have this problem outside of me and some friends and it only seems to be a client problem as far as i can tell its never happened on a multiplayer server unless its lan like i use with friends and the weird thing is the few i play with that doesnt have this problem crash when a blaze is near for them but for the rest of us it just stays innvisable
Are you using integrated graphics?

klf7

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using integrated graphics?

no lol and like i said it only effects a few and it seems to only effect single player and lan and ive tryed it on all of are pcs and it only does it when i download the pack like if i download it and usb it to a new pc it does it but if a friend does it ans i use a usb for my pc it works so i think it has to do with when i first get the pack downloaded

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
no lol and like i said it only effects a few and it seems to only effect single player and lan and ive tryed it on all of are pcs and it only does it when i download the pack like if i download it and usb it to a new pc it does it but if a friend does it ans i use a usb for my pc it works so i think it has to do with when i first get the pack downloaded
The only thing I can say is post a report on their bug tracker, just make sure you make it as clear and concise as possible.

klf7

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I can say is post a report on their bug tracker, just make sure you make it as clear and concise as possible.

lol i tryed many times i even showed one of the modders a video and they cant exsplain it i guess ill just live with it for a while thanks anyways