Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Any solution to the following? Playing on a server where we are allowed one Railcraft World Anchor each, to load 3x3 chunks for our base. The problem is when I go to pump oil geysers using my BC Pump and Tesseract to send the oil back to my RC Tank at my base, I cannot chunk load both areas. So, I either have the chunk loader at my base and stand on the pump while it works (sometimes up to 2 hours if it's one of the big oil wells) or else I can move the World Anchor to the pump location and stand in my base to load those chunks manually. Is there another way besides doing something semi-cheaty like using the Ender Quarry to act as a chunk loader at the oil well location?

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Any solution to the following? Playing on a server where we are allowed one Railcraft World Anchor each, to load 3x3 chunks for our base. The problem is when I go to pump oil geysers using my BC Pump and Tesseract to send the oil back to my RC Tank at my base, I cannot chunk load both areas. So, I either have the chunk loader at my base and stand on the pump while it works (sometimes up to 2 hours if it's one of the big oil wells) or else I can move the World Anchor to the pump location and stand in my base to load those chunks manually. Is there another way besides doing something semi-cheaty like using the Ender Quarry to act as a chunk loader at the oil well location?
Use the Ender-thermic pump, I believe it chunkloads it-self.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
You could also look into Railcraft's other anchors. The Passive Anchor only loads chunks until the server restarts, and does not load them automatically unless someone visits it; the Personal Anchor does the same thing, but also turns off when you go offline.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I would set it up at the well and get down to some serious crafting or re-organizing at my base

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If you cannot find another method of chunkloading, then you should redesign your system of pumping oil. The BC pump have a throughput of something like 25 buckets/sec if you give it enough power and dont bottleneck the output(granted with oil wells you will have the delay during extension of pipe). If you stick Tesseract directly on Pump and then Tesseract directly on tank back home you should have unlimited bandwidth. Draining an oil well should be pretty quick then(definitely not take 2 hours).

P

PRESH

how do i get rid of radiation, in my ftb Daybreaker pack? its really annoying since i only have one heart...

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
how do i get rid of radiation, in my ftb Daybreaker pack? its really annoying since i only have one heart...
Get rid of... ReactorCraft radiation, I'm guessing? There's really not much you can do, other than wait. Rain supposedly helps. Be sure to remove the source of the radioactivity, whether it be a leaking storage tank, a random piece of nuclear waste on the ground, or a corium source block.

Also, I believe there's a creative-only item that can delete the radiation entities. Use the radiation goggles to see them.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Thanks. I'm glad you said "next to no difference" because I now have 3 stacks of World Interaction Upgrades and I think (maybe?) that putting 3 (not 3 stacks, just 3) Speed Upgrades made a difference. Not certain, but also not gonna touch it since I now have the cobblegen exceeding my usage (which is all I care about).
I'm not sure the world interaction upgrades after one stack buys you anything. Each world interaction upgrade for the cobble gen is one cobble from the gen. So once you reach 64 that equals one stack of cobble and that is the largest that can be sent by the transfer node generating the cobble.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I'm not sure the world interaction upgrades after one stack buys you anything. Each world interaction upgrade for the cobble gen is one cobble from the gen. So once you reach 64 that equals one stack of cobble and that is the largest that can be sent by the transfer node generating the cobble.
yes that does seem right but there is one thing to keep in mind the node does still need to empty it self which will take 1 tick and each time it produces cobble it takes 1 tick wouldn't that mean that the max throughput for 1 transfer-node dumping into a directly adjacent inventory is 32 cobble a tick avged out

why do i think its 32 because if u have 64 world interaction upgrades the node will backstuff it self every other operation and waste a production tick because it has no where to put it until after that tick ends

Reactions: Henry Link

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
yes that does seem right but there is one thing to keep in mind the node does still need to empty it self which will take 1 tick and each time it produces cobble it takes 1 tick wouldn't that mean that the max throughput for 1 transfer-node dumping into a directly adjacent inventory is 32 cobble a tick avged out

why do i think its 32 because if u have 64 world interaction upgrades the node will backstuff it self every other operation and waste a production tick because it has no where to put it until after that tick ends
I actually tested this a while back.

Each world interaction upgrade produces one cobblestone each time the node triggers its "make cobblestone" function, which occurs once per second (and cannot be accelerated with speed upgrades). So, one stack of world interaction upgrades will produce one stack of cobblestone per second; two will produce two stacks; etc. However, any cobblestone beyond one stack will go into a hidden buffer within the transfer node, from which it cannot be immediately removed. The node can only do anything with the visible buffer that everyone's familiar with, which only holds one stack. In order to get anything out of the hidden buffer, you have to clear out the visible buffer first, at which point it will instantaneously be refilled from the hidden buffer (assuming there was anything there). So, to get the most out of your transfer node, you will want to give it five stacks of world interaction upgrades (for five stacks of cobblestone per second) and enough speed upgrades for it to path to whatever you're pumping cobblestone into five times over every second.

You can verify this by having your transfer node pump cobblestone into something with a very large inventory (such as a diamond chest or a barrel), turning it off with a redstone signal, putting in five stacks of world interaction upgrades and one stack of speed upgrades, turning it on, and looking at whatever inventory you hooked it up to. Every second, you'll see five stacks of cobblestone appear in quick succession.

Of course, you won't need a full stack of speed upgrades if you're only transporting the cobblestone a short distance. I don't know the formula for that off the top of my head; fiddle with it, see what works. If your cobblegen pauses every second or so while running, you have as many speed upgrades as you need.

Reactions: asb3pe

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I actually tested this a while back.

Each world interaction upgrade produces one cobblestone each time the node triggers its "make cobblestone" function, which occurs once per second (and cannot be accelerated with speed upgrades). So, one stack of world interaction upgrades will produce one stack of cobblestone per second; two will produce two stacks; etc. However, any cobblestone beyond one stack will go into a hidden buffer within the transfer node, from which it cannot be immediately removed. The node can only do anything with the visible buffer that everyone's familiar with, which only holds one stack. In order to get anything out of the hidden buffer, you have to clear out the visible buffer first, at which point it will instantaneously be refilled from the hidden buffer (assuming there was anything there). So, to get the most out of your transfer node, you will want to give it five stacks of world interaction upgrades (for five stacks of cobblestone per second) and enough speed upgrades for it to path to whatever you're pumping cobblestone into five times over every second.

You can verify this by having your transfer node pump cobblestone into something with a very large inventory (such as a diamond chest or a barrel), turning it off with a redstone signal, putting in five stacks of world interaction upgrades and one stack of speed upgrades, turning it on, and looking at whatever inventory you hooked it up to. Every second, you'll see five stacks of cobblestone appear in quick succession.

Of course, you won't need a full stack of speed upgrades if you're only transporting the cobblestone a short distance. I don't know the formula for that off the top of my head; fiddle with it, see what works. If your cobblegen pauses every second or so while running, you have as many speed upgrades as you need.
the make cobblestone thing triggers once a sec ? i thought it was once a tick , if it makes at that trigger rate then u would want that many

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I installed QuarryPlus in Infinity Evolved and I'm noticing that the RefineryPlus is not giving a better output than the regular Refinery. Anyone else encountering this?

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
This is more out of curiosity than anything, but what happens if you breed a bee that's not diurnal or nocturnal? Will it just never do anything?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Diurnal means the bee will produce during the day. Nocturnal means that the bee will produce during the night. So ideally you want both. If you are missing one that means the bee will only produce for 1/2 a day (either at night or during the day). I don't know if it is possible to breed a bee missing both of these traits. If that was possible I don't think the bee would produce at all.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Diurnal means the bee will produce during the day. Nocturnal means that the bee will produce during the night. So ideally you want both. If you are missing one that means the bee will only produce for 1/2 a day (either at night or during the day). I don't know if it is possible to breed a bee missing both of these traits. If that was possible I don't think the bee would produce at all.

Question: Do bees that require the Nether or The End as their location care about Nocturnal/Diurnal trait, at all?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Nether bees do normally have the nocturnal trait already. As for the bees in the end. They have what ever they need to produce there by default. But since it has open sky I don't think they need the nocturnal trait. But to be honest I don't remember their default traits. I usually just look at them using the analyzer as I breed the bees.

But to answer your question. All bees care about the traits they have and will not produce if the conditions to meet those traits are not met. Even in the end or the nether.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
If you cannot find another method of chunkloading, then you should redesign your system of pumping oil. The BC pump have a throughput of something like 25 buckets/sec if you give it enough power and dont bottleneck the output(granted with oil wells you will have the delay during extension of pipe). If you stick Tesseract directly on Pump and then Tesseract directly on tank back home you should have unlimited bandwidth. Draining an oil well should be pretty quick then(definitely not take 2 hours).

I drop the BC Pump over the oil geyser and plop a Tesseract on top of it - Receive Power/Send Fluids. It immediately begins working, but it is slow and takes 2 hour to clear out the large oil wells. My tesseract is drawing power from my max-sized Big Reactor Turbine at around 28K RF/t and the Oil goes into a Railcraft Tank via the same channel on the Tess. There's no bottleneck on my power (this setup runs my Ender Quarry at lightning speeds), the bottleneck is absolutely on the BC Pump. It has always pumped at this slow speed no matter what modpack I play, I've been doing this method for a few years now.

I often fly down into the well to wait for it to finish, so I can return back to base. I watch it work. It removes 1-3 blocks of oil per second, roughly. So each level of the oil will take 10 minutes or so to finish, and the big wells can have 12+ levels to drain down.

I'd sure love to solve this problem, but I just don't think your answer is correct, unfortunately. Someone show me I'm the one who is wrong!

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

I am def getting 3 stacks per second with my 3 stacks of World Interaction Upgrades. SomeoneElse37 has it correct in their post above.

I have the standard ExtraUtils cobblegen with a diamond chest sitting atop the Item Transfer Node. What I found is that if I remove the 4 Speed Upgrades, the chest slowly runs out of cobblestone, but with those 4 Speed Upgrades, the cobble stays steady in the chest. So Speed Upgrades *DO* have some small effect, but if you over-use too many of them, you end up losing speed. So you need to find the sweet spot with just a few of them. My 60 IC2 Recyclers have 5 Overclocker Upgrades each, so they're pulling pretty fast. But this is nothing - in a past iteration of Infinity modpack, I had 256 Recyclers each with 8 to 10 Overclockers. LOL I had to go to two separate Cobblegen setups for that one, I couldn't generate it fast enough from one. But I swear I used 3 stacks of World Upgrades and 3 stacks of Speed Upgrades back then. Either they changed things, or else my recollection is faulty, or else I wasn't using the upgrades properly back then and still got it to work somehow.