Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ChrisPikula

Jul 29, 2019
With the update to Infinity: Evolved, I've noticed that the bee-breeding trees have been changed. Of note, you can't get to Relic bee's anymore, without first getting secluded, which need Monastic and Sinister bees. Is this intentional, or is this a mix-up between regular and expert mode?

The Escritoire is bit of a pain, tbh, so I was using the wiki to help figure out which bees came next, but since the wiki is now wrong...

artubi

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to ask again, but do you have to use those pipes?
You have to use some kind of pipe to pipe in the liquids. It depends on the situation. I used them as an example.

You can use:
Transfer note (liquids) from Extra utilities
Fluid pipes from Buildcraft
Fluiduct
from Thermal Dynamics
Fluid Conduits
from EnderIO

Thermal Expansion Tanks do have the ability to automatically output from bottom. Right click with wrench on them to change the bottom from input (blue) to output (orange). This is handy because you can use "passive" pipes.
Pretty much any other block that store liquids can't automatically output liquid so you will need "active" pipe that can pull from liquid inventory.

Active - actively pulls from liquid inventory
Transfer node (liquid) - can be upgraded, to extend its range use transfer pipes, can be redstone controlled
Fluid Conduits - can be set to multiple modes (extract, insert, In/Out), use SHIFT to check the tooltip because the have different behavior

Passive - does not actively pull from liquid inventory
Fluid pipes - to make them actively extract liquids, you have to use Extraction Pipe + either Redstone Engine or gate with autarchic pulsar (doesn't apply for TE tanks, you can use Golden Fluid Pipe and it will work). Engine is redstone controlled, gates have to be programmed
Fluiduct - to make them actively extract liquids, you have to use servo (doesn't apply for TE tanks), servo has redstone control

qoVhvz0.png

Left: T - Fluiduct with servo, B - Extraction pipe with Or gate (autarchic pulsar)
Right: T - Ender Fluid Conduit (set to extract > insert), B - Transfer node (liquids)

I thought you could do it with a casting channel... Doesn't seem to work.
Casting channel is literally a low thech pipe that is supposed to be used like this:
diWHfkP.png

Casting channel purpose is to fill multiple casting tables / basins from single faucet. Place it bellow faucet and right click on faucet to start pouring liquid. Liquid will start to filling up the channel and if there is liquid inventory bellow it (casting table / basin or even tank), it will pour into it.

However, Casting Faucet and (especially) Channels can be replaced with liquid pipes.

But yes, you can use Casting channel to fill the smeltery:
FL3IXr3.png

j1lWJhN.png

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Playing Thaumcraft 1.7.10, need to get Aurum. I know that wisps drop the essence,but I tried idling near a node, waiting for wisp to spawn, but it didn't. Help.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Playing Thaumcraft 1.7.10, need to get Aurum. I know that wisps drop the essence,but I tried idling near a node, waiting for wisp to spawn, but it didn't. Help.
Run around a magical forest biome, you'll find plenty of wisps. I recommend a good ranged weapon to take them down however

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

artubi

Jul 29, 2019
If you do have EnderIO in your pack, you can:
- catch Wisp into Soul Vial and combine it with any broken spawnner in Soul Binder to get Broken Wisp Spawner...
- if you find Thaumcraft obsidian / totem structure, in middle there is chest, block of obsidian / totem bellow it and bellow that block is wisp spawner, break it and you will get Broken Wisp Spawner...
- ... Broken Wisp Spawner can be combined with Powered Spawner in Anvil, then power it with RF and will start spawning Wisps, place a Double-Layered / Octadaic Capacitor into it to increase spawn rate

EDIT: I forgot, Wisps spawns in Nether too. If you can't find one in Overworld, try got to Nether.

Reactions: erindalc

kallekulle

Jul 29, 2019
Playing the latest version of Infinity evolved, how would I best go about crafting 26 barrels of cobblestone into compressed cobblestone? Got a cobble stone gen running to get the octuple(?) compressed cobble for lategame

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You could always break some nodes if you are really desperate... But only break the really crappy ones. You might need the good ones later.

I like to go node hunting(jar'ing them) and if I stumble on a bad fading one or a sinister one in an Obsidian totem(I like collecting the totems for building purposes too :p), then I break them sometimes.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Playing the latest version of Infinity evolved, how would I best go about crafting 26 barrels of cobblestone into compressed cobblestone? Got a cobble stone gen running to get the octuple(?) compressed cobble for lategame
If you've got Storage Drawers, the Compacting Drawer is probably your best bet, as it can do two compressions at once and do them very fast.

Aside from that, RFTools, EnderIO, Buildcraft, Thermal Expansion, Applied Energistics, and probably a few other mods I'm forgetting have their own autocrafting mechanics as well. TE's Cyclic Assembler is popular but rather laggy, I've heard; RFTools' tier 3 autocrafter has the ability to do eight recipes in sequence all at once, and thus is probably the most compact of those listed. Not sure about speed; I've never used it for cobble before.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Quarry from BC builders and i have iridium ore from IC2 and from "Another one bites the dust"
Pack? If its infinity, no, and I don't think the aobd ore generates. The bc quarry is essentially a large scale block breaker, so anything you find in the ground has the potential to be found by the quarry.

W

Wraken

Pack? If its infinity, no, and I don't think the aobd ore generates. The bc quarry is essentially a large scale block breaker, so anything you find in the ground has the potential to be found by the quarry.

Hmm ok ... So how can i find iridium ore ? Beacause i put this quarry for iridium ore. I can see the iridium ore from aobd in NEI

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Hmm ok ... So how can i find iridium ore ? Beacause i put this quarry for iridium ore. I can see the iridium ore from aobd in NEI
What pack? Because usually iridium comes from dungeon loot.