[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Reaperjtm1

Jul 29, 2019
I just updated from 1.8.1 to 1.8.3 and there was a skeleton fright outside my house fence went to go slay it and then suddenly my sttack slowed down after each strike, confused i wanted to see what was wrong jumped out of the fence to slay it and died cause of the delay. slept thru the night and got my stuff tested it on zomies and no matter what i used my attacking was slow, I thoguht it was the sword. So my question is what, in between 1.8.1 and 1.8.3 was changed to allow for this annoying feature that makes normal swords kinda suck compared to cleavers?

AlucaBR

Jul 29, 2019
Hello friends... I played in version 2.8.1 and now in version 2.8.3 asks to update the quests from NPC custom, but I did not understand how to do this, and the message that explained no longer appears, what should I do? just copy a custom npc file, or the entire folder and replace in my current map?

Att.. Daniel Pacheco - Dan Maltez - Alucabr Games

AlucaBR

Jul 29, 2019
I just updated from 1.8.1 to 1.8.3 and there was a skeleton fright outside my house fence went to go slay it and then suddenly my sttack slowed down after each strike, confused i wanted to see what was wrong jumped out of the fence to slay it and died cause of the delay. slept thru the night and got my stuff tested it on zomies and no matter what i used my attacking was slow, I thoguht it was the sword. So my question is what, in between 1.8.1 and 1.8.3 was changed to allow for this annoying feature that makes normal swords kinda suck compared to cleavers?

maybe it was a debuff of some infernal mob near you.

Reaperjtm1

Jul 29, 2019
nope, i traveled a lot tested it on pigs villagers, spawned a few mobs as well, a little meter comes in the bottom right when attacking things and the delay is the same regardless of weapon type making cleavers better cause they have a attack speed already longer, but this delay between attacks doesn't affect that attack speed. So this is in the configs of one mod because of this "meter" that appears with an image of the item in your hand at the time. I just know it is very annoying and would like to know what mod so i can disable it. Sorry it if was confusing, I forgot in my first post to mention the meter.

Darsil

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for your answer guys. Again amazing mod pack. Love it. Might look into a server to join with it. That would be awesome :)

Darsil

Jul 29, 2019
Hello friends... I played in version 2.8.1 and now in version 2.8.3 asks to update the quests from NPC custom, but I did not understand how to do this, and the message that explained no longer appears, what should I do? just copy a custom npc file, or the entire folder and replace in my current map?

I copied the entire customnpc folder and level.dat from the new map version to my existing save and that seemed to have done it for me.

Reactions: AlucaBR

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019

Read darsil's comment above

The lord of the rings mod added attack delay in the last update, there is currently no way to disable it but have placed a request to see if they can. Was totally unexpected and working to get it changed or removed.

AlucaBR

Jul 29, 2019
the guards are bugged with the skin, since updated the folder customnpc tolkiencraft2 2.8.1 to 2.8.3

2ryhy1k.png

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like the folder was either copied incorrectly or removed. there should be a custom NPC folder in the world folder. Double check it is there. there should also be one in the main minecraft folder which is the one that has all of the textures, that one should stay there, the reference to copy the customnpc folder was regarding the one in the world download, not the one in the minecraft folder

Reaperjtm1

Jul 29, 2019
Read darsil's comment above

The lord of the rings mod added attack delay in the last update, there is currently no way to disable it but have placed a request to see if they can. Was totally unexpected and working to get it changed or removed.

Thank you, am I able to downgrade back one version to fix it temporarily, or will that break my save?

TheDeanoRama

Jul 29, 2019
Planning on making the jump from 1.8.1 to .3

Clarifying the upgrade path for my peace of mind (I have a delicate upgrade psyche)

Map:
level.dat and customnpc folder

Rest of it:
Simple folder replacement for Mods and CFG?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
correct, and the customnpc folder is the one included in the map download not the one in the main minecraft folder

Darsil

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I'm having another small issue. It seems that by default, in this mod pack, Thaumcraft research is set to easy mode where everything is instantly researched by purchasing it in the Thaumonomicon. Being one of those strange people that actually like puzzles, I really want to get it back to having to do the research minigame. However, changing the option in the Thaumcraft config doesn't seem to be affecting anything. Can anyone tell me what the issue is? Do I have to change it somewhere else as well? Do I have to spawn a new book? A new world?

EDIT: Nevermind found it, sorry for the useless post. Turns out I had to change the setting in Thaumic Tinkerer config as well.

Last edited:

McShine

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this problem has been adressed before, but I managed to die in the water near the Transcendent Altar in the Blood Mage College, and it somehow placed my grave in the water on top of a protected block, so now I can't break my grave, which contains literally everything I've collected so far (including 3 Backpacks full of stuff). Is there any way to temporarily make the blocks destructible so I can access my grave?

TheDeanoRama

Jul 29, 2019
Chapter 6 is "storage refined", shows that there is a recipe conflict between the barrel hammer and a lotr battle axe - fixed it for the player via /give but thought you should know.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Chapter 6 is "storage refined", shows that there is a recipe conflict between the barrel hammer and a lotr battle axe - fixed it for the player via /give but thought you should know.
yup, been mentioned at least once in the last few pages, that is why there is nomorerecipe conflicts in the pack, if you make the recipe in a vanilla crafting table there isw an arrow to switch between recipes...been like that from day one