[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Agricraft's Wooden Irrigation Channel has a recipe conflict with Project Zulu's Wooden Bucket.
Hmm I'll note down to double check this.

So apparently optifine isnt the problem, for some reason this modpack doesnt seem to work for me when I have optifine and the soartex texture pack in use together, which is annoying since no other packs have this problem and I know soartex better than default minecraft TwT
That's super odd, not heard of that issue before.

Um, not sure if this was mentioned, but many of the modded metals, such as copper and bronze, don't work with vein miner.
Let me know which mod's tools aren't working with it. I'm going to guess forestry due to the config reset.

You are a little ferret. Of course they attack you.
You're a big walking ferret, really.

Weasels in the wild are actually aggressive creatures, and are actually agile and strong enough to pose a threat to foxes.
They are, yes, but it's not uncommon for a weasel to end up as a fox's occasional meal, its just not a consistent food source due to their aggressiveness.

im pretty sure any picks/hatchets from tinkers construct have had veinmining configed properly for several versions now
Pretty much, the only ones that aren't added to Vein Miner's list are ones with special properties, such as the hammer.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey folks, just an update on the progress.

It's been a busy week for me, medical stuff and work stuff taking precidence, and between those some Fallout 4 to unwind. I've not got too much done on the pack (it's hard to be properly creative when you're bone tired). It's going to stretch into next week still, with a very important doctor visit for me. I'll do my best to get closer to Beta of 0.1.2, but I wanted to keep everyone up to date on what's going on.

bDcKsSB.png

Do note I'm trying my best to keep things condensed to fewer quests, while also keeping it flowing so you don't have a million tasks before that quest is finished and another unlocks.

This will probably be the biggest questline, if only due to how many mods it deals with : Thaumcraft, Thaumcraft Tinkerer, Thaumic Exploration, Thaumic Energistics, Forbidden Magic, Magic Bees, as well as some cross-mod stuff from Botania, Blood Magic, and a few others.

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019
Hey folks, just an update on the progress.

It's been a busy week for me, medical stuff and work stuff taking precidence, and between those some Fallout 4 to unwind. I've not got too much done on the pack (it's hard to be properly creative when you're bone tired). It's going to stretch into next week still, with a very important doctor visit for me. I'll do my best to get closer to Beta of 0.1.2, but I wanted to keep everyone up to date on what's going on.

bDcKsSB.png

Do note I'm trying my best to keep things condensed to fewer quests, while also keeping it flowing so you don't have a million tasks before that quest is finished and another unlocks.

This will probably be the biggest questline, if only due to how many mods it deals with : Thaumcraft, Thaumcraft Tinkerer, Thaumic Exploration, Thaumic Energistics, Forbidden Magic, Magic Bees, as well as some cross-mod stuff from Botania, Blood Magic, and a few others.

Quest line looks great, I'm super excited for this one. By the way, in case you feel like deleting and replacing half of those quests, Thaumcraft 5 came out.

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
Quest line looks great, I'm super excited for this one. By the way, in case you feel like deleting and replacing half of those quests, Thaumcraft 5 came out.
Isn't thaumcraft 5 for minecraft 1.8? Sounds like it's kinda incomplete too, and it'd be worth waiting a bit regardless.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019

Thank goodness Thaumcraft 5 is 1.8 only. Most mods would take a while to catch up to all the new changes =)

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019
Thank goodness Thaumcraft 5 is 1.8 only. Most mods would take a while to catch up to all the new changes =)
Oh, I assumed there was a 1.7.10 version. I'm kind of glad that it's exclusive, as maybe it'll convince some modders to update. Otherwise we'll be stuck in 1.7 forever.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I assumed there was a 1.7.10 version. I'm kind of glad that it's exclusive, as maybe it'll convince some modders to update. Otherwise we'll be stuck in 1.7 forever.
Actually most modders are planning to jump from 1.7 to 1.9 and skip 1.8. Some modders are taking the plunge to 1.8, as it'll be easier to go from 1.8 to 1.9 from what I understand, but with 1.9 around the corner already and the difficulty of some of the changes from 1.7 to 1.8 (that's being smoothed out in 1.9 somewhat), many would rather wait.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
so i was toying around with enchanting , enchanting with botania . and i get around to enchanting my first sword in this pack (ive been using tinkers for weopons and tools primary ) and look what i get when i enchant it the vannila way (well replacing the bookcases with a natura pylon)
excellent first weopon enchant of a world (ferrer bussiness).png
the first enchant might be bad but the other 2 are something else entirely especially since i have not truly started the mods there from

Reactions: Pudding01

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't see any of the following mentioned in the known bugs google sheet so I'll put them here.
They might be a problem (or misunderstanding) on my end rather than bugs?
  • Bibliocraft quests which have "any" are unobtainable. e.g. the Any Shelf one (Elegant Display) under Building Your Home doesn't see any shelves I've got in my inventory (yes, I've clicked on Manual Detect)
  • Tier 1 - Bullets under Protecting Your Assets has 2 separate bedrock requirements. NEI says you can't create bedrock. Is this a placeholder quest or something I've missed?

oliverrook

Jul 29, 2019
Actually most modders are planning to jump from 1.7 to 1.9 and skip 1.8. Some modders are taking the plunge to 1.8, as it'll be easier to go from 1.8 to 1.9 from what I understand, but with 1.9 around the corner already and the difficulty of some of the changes from 1.7 to 1.8 (that's being smoothed out in 1.9 somewhat), many would rather wait.
Minecraft 1.8: The Update without Mods

oliverrook

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I'll note down to double check this.

That's super odd, not heard of that issue before.

Let me know which mod's tools aren't working with it. I'm going to guess forestry due to the config reset.

You're a big walking ferret, really.

They are, yes, but it's not uncommon for a weasel to end up as a fox's occasional meal, its just not a consistent food source due to their aggressiveness.

Pretty much, the only ones that aren't added to Vein Miner's list are ones with special properties, such as the hammer.
Also, way to clear up what could have turned into a flame war. I take my hat off to you sir!

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft 1.8: The Update without Mods

I mean, I hope more mods make 1.8 versions, since modding for 1.9 won't be for a good while, and is then going to be easier to shift to 1.9. I could see doing a small 1.8 pack IF I have HQM at least.

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting. I guess we'll get more variety from modded weapons with the combat changes.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't see any of the following mentioned in the known bugs google sheet so I'll put them here.
They might be a problem (or misunderstanding) on my end rather than bugs?
  • Bibliocraft quests which have "any" are unobtainable. e.g. the Any Shelf one (Elegant Display) under Building Your Home doesn't see any shelves I've got in my inventory (yes, I've clicked on Manual Detect)
  • Tier 1 - Bullets under Protecting Your Assets has 2 separate bedrock requirements. NEI says you can't create bedrock. Is this a placeholder quest or something I've missed?

With some of the new HQM additions, the "any of this type" thing can be changed around a bit and fixed. HQM will now cycle through valid items
As for the second, I didn't get around to updating the Open Modular Turrets quests so the line cannot be completed yet.

oliverrook

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I did some research and it looks like the thermal expansion bronze tools aren't working. Also, a few suggestions:
- Could you apply the compact ores to the rest of the ore types in the game? I noticed a lot of other ftb packs do this. Also, if you want it, I could do it for you and send you the config changes in a pm.
- If you plan on having multiple ores of the same type, such as thermal expansion copper and industrial craft copper, you should install an ore-dictionary conversion mod. I've seen some that add machines/items that convert one type of ore to it's ore dictionary counterpart. I say this because it makes things like sorting systems and barrel storage a whole lot easier.
- I would like it if there was an energy conversion mod, that can convert RF to Industrial Craft 2 power. (Not sure if there already is one or not)

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
- If you plan on having multiple ores of the same type, such as thermal expansion copper and industrial craft copper, you should install an ore-dictionary conversion mod. I've seen some that add machines/items that convert one type of ore to it's ore dictionary counterpart. I say this because it makes things like sorting systems and barrel storage a whole lot easier.
ore dictionary conversion can already be handled by mfr it has a block called unifier (spelling might be off)

- I would like it if there was an energy conversion mod, that can convert RF to Industrial Craft 2 power. (Not sure if there already is one or not)
mekinism's energy cables can convert from rf to eu

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019
Have you looked at Flaxbeard's Steam Power? That's a fun mod to play around with, and you could have a mini-questline leading up to the exosuit.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
I updated Java and now I can't launch ANY modpack on ANY launcher...

And of course the ONE time that it would be good for Java to NOT uninstall the previous version it uninstalls it...