[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
The crash is still happening, but it is a lot shorter now. Here's the beginning.
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Don't be sad, have a hug! <3

Time: 11/2/15 4:23 PM
Description: Initializing game

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not a JSON Object: "\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000"
at com.google.gson.JsonElement.getAsJsonObject(JsonElement.java:90)
at fluxedCrystals.registry.MutationRegistry.ReadFromDisk(MutationRegistry.java:93)
at fluxedCrystals.registry.MutationRegistry.Load(MutationRegistry.java:79)
at fluxedCrystals.FluxedCrystals.preInit(FluxedCrystals.java:79)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:532)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:212)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:190)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:119)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:556)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:243)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:480)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:878)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at com.google.gson.JsonElement.getAsJsonObject(JsonElement.java:90)
at fluxedCrystals.registry.MutationRegistry.ReadFromDisk(MutationRegistry.java:93)
at fluxedCrystals.registry.MutationRegistry.Load(MutationRegistry.java:79)
at fluxedCrystals.FluxedCrystals.preInit(FluxedCrystals.java:79)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:532)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:212)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:190)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:119)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:556)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:243)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:480)

-- Initialization --
Details:
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:878)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
Very weird. Hmm, try deleting the masterMutationData.cfg in that same folder. I haven't edited that one, so it should regenerate the default file.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
The roots that spawns with the tree over-wrote some of the piping I had put down for the harvester... I had to quickly replace it before running a whole new line outside of the root area.

It's still chopping!

Edit: The tree's looking quite... bald right now...

About half way up the harvester stopped chopping the wood and just focused on the leaves...

I have to say. the tree's looking neat right now.

Edit 2: Now it's removing the bark that's not directly connected to the trunk by destroying random cubes. The trunk is now ugly

It should be noted that the tree that grew was not centered on the center of the saplings, but one of the side ones.

Edit 3: It finished, but left a few clumps of leaves with bark in them behind. Only about 6 where left.

Last edited:

Keldor

Jul 29, 2019
Here's an interesting bug:
I like to set gamerule keepInventory to true, since I can't stand the horrible mess it makes of my inventory when I die and pick up my stuff again (not to mention the equipping armor limbo in order to hold everything, all while trying to beat off random Nether monsters). Thing is, it resets the rule every time I load up the world! This is very annoying...

Is there any way to fix this?

Keldor

Jul 29, 2019
One quest in the Botania quest line (the one where you make the alter - Teacher to Student) seems to have excessive requirements - namely, making the deadly sin runes costs a whopping 14 diamonds! This is quite painful for a midgame quest, especially if you're trying to go down a route not involving quarries and such.

Is there any chance of nerfing this, say, getting rid of the deadly sin rune requirement entirely?

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
One quest in the Botania quest line (the one where you make the alter - Teacher to Student) seems to have excessive requirements - namely, making the deadly sin runes costs a whopping 14 diamonds! This is quite painful for a midgame quest, especially if you're trying to go down a route not involving quarries and such.

Is there any chance of nerfing this, say, getting rid of the deadly sin rune requirement entirely?
Actually, it's not THAT expensive. Just purchase some valuable ores from the shop and choose diamonds. If you use the SAG mill (You're given one in one of the temp. quests) and are using dark steel balls you can get quite a few diamonds from ONE diamond ore.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
The deffinition of Penultimate:
last but one in a series of things; second to the last.
"the penultimate chapter of the book"
synonyms: next-to-last, second-to-last, second-last

In class today my teacher told me it meant the previous one (the penultimate theory (aka the theory we just proved))

Either way, I don't think Penultimate means what you think it means...

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
The deffinition of Penultimate:
last but one in a series of things; second to the last.
"the penultimate chapter of the book"
synonyms: next-to-last, second-to-last, second-last

In class today my teacher told me it meant the previous one (the penultimate theory (aka the theory we just proved))

Either way, I don't think Penultimate means what you think it means...
hmm 2nd to last chapter what would be stronger then draconic evolution stuff ?
ee3?/project e? /avarita ? im really at a loss of what could be stronger then de to be locked behind that much

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Caiga... i have nothing more to do... the update come soon? i what more things to do.... =(
pick another mod in the pack u have not started yet and just dive in that or make a new goal for your self (example some people want to have a full set of runic shielding 10 gear(gear could armor or baubles or both *hint botania baubles can be given runic shielding* ) another example some others want is the ss rank terrashatter , a simpler goal would be get all the relics from the mk2 guardian of gai )

Jopagu

Jul 29, 2019
Your solution worked and now I can launch the pack, but my world isn't showing up. It's still in my saves folder and I tried copying it out a putting back in. Is there a way I can get it back?

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019

I felt the same way, I was fine with seasonal, but making all the sin runes, even if I had had the diamonds, was quite frankly annoying.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I like to set gamerule keepInventory to true, since I can't stand the horrible mess it makes of my inventory when I die and pick up my stuff again (not to mention the equipping armor limbo in order to hold everything, all while trying to beat off random Nether monsters). Thing is, it resets the rule every time I load up the world! This is very annoying...

Is there any way to fix this?
Hmm odd it 'should' be keeping that rule once its set. I'm not sure!

One quest in the Botania quest line (the one where you make the alter - Teacher to Student) seems to have excessive requirements - namely, making the deadly sin runes costs a whopping 14 diamonds!
I'll move each of the Sin runes to the first 'instance' you need to make it to make another item as a compromise. Sound fair?

hmm 2nd to last chapter what would be stronger then draconic evolution stuff ?
ee3?/project e? /avarita ? im really at a loss of what could be stronger then de to be locked behind that much
Mhmm, don't think of 'strongest' as being the goal of research. Remember, there is an entire story reason why you are doing all this.

The Ultimate Research would, of course, consist of getting you home finally. =)

Caiga... i have nothing more to do... the update come soon? i what more things to do.... =(
Your best goal for now is to learn about some other mods. Something like, say, RFTools, or IC2. Blood Magic is a fairly deep mod as well you can poke into.

Your solution worked and now I can launch the pack, but my world isn't showing up. It's still in my saves folder and I tried copying it out a putting back in. Is there a way I can get it back?
You have two options at this point :

1. Go into the folder for the save, rename level.dat to something else, and rename level.dat_old to level.dat
  2. If this doesn't work, you'll need to go to one of your Aroma Backups.
    1. in /minecraft/backups are located all the backups for your world. It's sorted by World Name > Year > Month > Day > and then the 'latest' backup will be the one with the highest set of numbers in the end (hours - minutes)
    2. Open the latest one you have, this is the backup for that world save
    3. Go back to the /saves/(your world) folder and extract level.dat from the zip to here, overwriting the current level.dat

Keldor

Jul 29, 2019
Some various bugs:

Botania Granite, Diorite, and Andesite are not compatible with the corresponding Chisel stones, which makes decorating with them much more difficult - ore dictionary entry needed? Also, IC2 basalt and Project Red basalt appear to have the same texture, but different IDs.

Veinminer doesn't work with shovels and gravel ores. It also doesn't work with tools in a toolbox. Speaking of which, could you remove the speed penalty associated with multiple tools in the toolbox? It kinda defeats the purpose when they're noticeably slower. (There's a config setting for this - I get rid of the penalty in my world) Finally, Tinker's Construct tools don't render when you're using them in the toolbox. Probably nothing you can do about that one, though.

There's also some strangeness with converting blocks back to ingots. Forestry ingots seem to take precedence, when I believe it should be Thermal Foundation ones?

Some of the rewards for the cheap blind bags seem to be incorrect. It's given me Resonant Jetpacks twice, which is the top tier version. Also, I managed to get a bookcase without a proper texture. Looks like it tried to make it with the Biomes O'Plenty pine, which is right out. For the colored wood and stone from Extra Utilities, it appears to only give purple frequency ones. You might also want to reconsider the Minefactory empty syringe reward, since I got 8 of them, but they don't stack.

I'll let you know if I find any more.

Last edited:

qwerty724

Jul 29, 2019
[Цитата="Caigan, должность: 938475, член: 105051"]каламбур уже? Я очень одобряю![/Цитата]
Где Скачать?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Some various bugs:

Botania Granite, Diorite, and Andesite are not compatible with the corresponding Chisel stones, which makes decorating with them much more difficult - ore dictionary entry needed? Also, IC2 basalt and Project Red basalt appear to have the same texture, but different IDs.

Veinminer doesn't work with shovels and gravel ores. It also doesn't work with tools in a toolbox. Speaking of which, could you remove the speed penalty associated with multiple tools in the toolbox? It kinda defeats the purpose when they're noticeably slower. (There's a config setting for this - I get rid of the penalty in my world) Finally, Tinker's Construct tools don't render when you're using them in the toolbox. Probably nothing you can do about that one, though.

There's also some strangeness with converting blocks back to ingots. Forestry ingots seem to take precedence, when I believe it should be Thermal Foundation ones?

Some of the rewards for the cheap blind bags seem to be incorrect. It's given me Resonant Jetpacks twice, which is the top tier version. Also, I managed to get a bookcase without a proper texture. Looks like it tried to make it with the Biomes O'Plenty pine, which is right out. For the colored wood and stone from Extra Utilities, it appears to only give purple frequency ones. You might also want to reconsider the Minefactory empty syringe reward, since I got 8 of them, but they don't stack.

I'll let you know if I find any more.
basic blind bags have a very small percent chance to give a legendary reward like a resonant jetpack (shame u got that one twice one of the other legendary rewards is an angel ring )

the forestry funniness with its ingots taking precedence might be another effect of the derpyness that occurred with attempting to update it then having to roll it back

the mfr syringe's reward seems fitting as troll reward though

Reactions: Pudding01