[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
I updated on the weekend, not sure if it was the result in the pack or me managing to lose it some other way, but I lost my Botania Wand. May have been me putting it somewhere and not realising it, so if no one else had this problem, then it's probably my fault. I'm far enough through the quest line that making a new one wasn't a strain on resources.

On another note, my steam boiler exploded. I'm pretty sure that I know why. I was keeping it filled with a BC Pump, and I'd set up logic gates for it to send a red wire signal when it had work to do, and for the gate on the engine to supply a redstone signal when it received a redwire signal. All standard stuff.

The problem is that the pump determines that it has to do work if it has less than 100% full, and it does this because it has to top up the boiler. The boiler needs water because there is space for steam, there is space for steam because the engine used some, the engine used some because the pump requested power. Yep, one big loop. I disabled the pump to request power on the (mistaken) belief that I would be using it enough for it to get power. Which worked fine until it didn't. It didn't take out too much, just my roller, carpenter, squeezer, maybe a centrifuge and the commercial steam engine. I felt that it was good time to build a proper above ground room for power gen anyway.

Does anyone have an elegant solution for this? I can't think of anything based on the conditions available unless you can build a system where you try and do something clever like a blue signal turning on when the boiler has less than 50% water, and then a green signal turning on when it's full to disable the pump.

Also, starting to progress through Witchery some more. I'd hit a stumbling block by not having an altar with 3,000 odd power to produce the Mutandis Stick Thingy, my altar now has about 12k power, which I think should mostly be enough for anything that I need to do in the not to distant future. I'm also trying to follow the quest line as best I can. So not building something that I know about until the quest book prompts me.

Ardor

Jul 29, 2019
Ran into a dupe bug with the new change for wheat and pestle and mortar. The pestle and mortar dupes and drops a new one every time a wheat flour was made using the Super Crafting Frame.
2015-11-01_19.51.37.png

EDIT: Nevermind, this occurs in all cases. Shift clicking a stack will produce a ton of pestle and mortar.

Last edited:

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
I've found a couple of minor spelling/grammar issues in the Quest Book, is this the best place to point them out?

Also, I have to say I like the latest version of the Quest Book how it makes it easy to find quests pending reward collection.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I've found a couple of minor spelling/grammar issues in the Quest Book, is this the best place to point them out?

Also, I have to say I like the latest version of the Quest Book how it makes it easy to find quests pending reward collection.
Probably should wait for a official response from the modpack author. still felt it was nice of you to offer so suggesting pm them a good pm or if it is in a post pop it in spoiler tags. to take up less room.

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
What do you have your RAM set to? It looks like you're crashing out before you even get to Regrowth.
Looks like your computer is running java 32 bit. Do you have a 64 bit pc? Dont think this pack works on a 32 bit pc.
If you do have a 64 bit pc just uninstall all versions of java and just instal the latest version of java 1.8 64 bit.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Also, starting to progress through Witchery some more. I'd hit a stumbling block by not having an altar with 3,000 odd power to produce the Mutandis Stick Thingy, my altar now has about 12k power, which I think should mostly be enough for anything that I need to do in the not to distant future. I'm also trying to follow the quest line as best I can. So not building something that I know about until the quest book prompts me.

Unless TPL has added a quest for it, you will almost definitely need to make a Beealyzer without prompting in order to make sure your Tropical Bees (for the Apiarist clothes) are in a comfy environment.

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
I updated on the weekend, not sure if it was the result in the pack or me managing to lose it some other way, but I lost my Botania Wand. May have been me putting it somewhere and not realising it, so if no one else had this problem, then it's probably my fault. I'm far enough through the quest line that making a new one wasn't a strain on resources.

On another note, my steam boiler exploded. I'm pretty sure that I know why. I was keeping it filled with a BC Pump, and I'd set up logic gates for it to send a red wire signal when it had work to do, and for the gate on the engine to supply a redstone signal when it received a redwire signal. All standard stuff.

The problem is that the pump determines that it has to do work if it has less than 100% full, and it does this because it has to top up the boiler. The boiler needs water because there is space for steam, there is space for steam because the engine used some, the engine used some because the pump requested power. Yep, one big loop. I disabled the pump to request power on the (mistaken) belief that I would be using it enough for it to get power. Which worked fine until it didn't. It didn't take out too much, just my roller, carpenter, squeezer, maybe a centrifuge and the commercial steam engine. I felt that it was good time to build a proper above ground room for power gen anyway.

Does anyone have an elegant solution for this? I can't think of anything based on the conditions available unless you can build a system where you try and do something clever like a blue signal turning on when the boiler has less than 50% water, and then a green signal turning on when it's full to disable the pump.

Why not just keep the boiler continuously supplied by having the pump(s) tapped into the power supply and not turning off the engines? I can't think of any reason to turn them off, especially since larger boilers are a pain to heat up. Kinesis pipes don't explode any more, and I don't know of any machines that will explode when given too much power.

CraftyCuban

Jul 29, 2019
Ran into a dupe bug with the new change for wheat and pestle and mortar. The pestle and mortar dupes and drops a new one every time a wheat flour was made using the Super Crafting Frame.
View attachment 24257

EDIT: Nevermind, this occurs in all cases. Shift clicking a stack will produce a ton of pestle and mortar.

Any quick fix we can try and make ourselves? I just started a new game and am pretty dependent on wheat/flour.

CraftyCuban

Jul 29, 2019
@Ardor @thephoenixlodge Made a fix for the wheat flour/m&p issue.
Go to Regrowth/minecraft/scripts and open up misc.zs with notepad++
Then find the following section:
//Make flour require M&P - fixes wheat seeds recipe conflict
recipes.remove(flourBarley);
recipes.remove(flourWheat);
recipes.addShapeless(flourBarley, [cropBarley, mortarPestle]);
recipes.addShapeless(flourWheat, [wheat, mortarPestle]);
And make it look like the spoiler above :)

There was some .reuse something argument in there which gave you duplicate mortar & pestle.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
TL,DR:
The notice on waila for whether or not a plants can grow isn't always accurate. Not exactly sure what the issue was. Still thought it was worth reporting. As it took me two hours to find out that the notice on waila was wrong.
Really having problems with brown mushroom spores. I couldn't seem to get them to grow anywhere. Even though I had successfully gotten them from 00/00/00 to 10/10/10 in the latest patch. Right after I had taken this screenshot they grew a little bit. Even thought they were still showing the same can't grow message. I started looking for a place to grow them at Y:102 in a beach biome. It stated they wouldn't grow there. So I tried again at Y:71 in a wasteland biome. Thinking that I had tried to grow them in to high a area. When that didn't work I decided to try at Y:64. Still didn't work. I thought it might be the biome dependent so kept digging down in a stair till I reached a nearby beach biome at Y:35. Neither the Y level or the biome seemed to matter. I know I had grown them in a well lit area to get them to 10/10/10. As I had gone back to my old base and checked the conditions where I had grown them. It stated there that it was at Y:64 and in a beach biome.

I took this screenshot and noticed right after that they had grown a little. Though it was still stating that they could not grow. I took them back up to the original spot I wanted them to grow at. Planted them and logged out. When I logged back in it stated they could grow. Now, after writing all this I checked them again and they are fully grown.

2015-11-02_07.49.01.png

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
So when were boilers changed to make LP boilers more efficient then HP ones. You can get 40 - 50% more bang for your buck when you use LP instead of HP.
DAMN i just built 4 36HP liqued boilers(@5760RF/T) and 8 18HP solid Boilers(@5760RF/T). But it seems now i can run 10 36LP liqued boilers(@7200RF/T) and 14 36LP solid fueled boilers(@10080RF/T) for the same fuels cost.
Solid is lower @ HP since i couldnt get a good ocd number for the boilers, but still this change is huge xD beter stop the heatup and change everything to LP xD

Talidara

Jul 29, 2019
I can't find a way to craft a crafting bench! If I follow the only recipe I can do now (I don't have planks, and need a 3x3 grid for the other recipes), I just get a button. Am I doing something wrong or is this an unresolved bug with clashing recipes?

lunakm

Jul 29, 2019
I can't find a way to craft a crafting bench! If I follow the only recipe I can do now (I don't have planks, and need a 3x3 grid for the other recipes), I just get a button. Am I doing something wrong or is this an unresolved bug with clashing recipes?
The quest book tells you how to make crafting bench. Use a brand new (or newly repaired) flint axe and a dead wood in your inventory crafting area.

SirSmuggler

Jul 29, 2019
It's a known issue with BuildCraft 1.7.12.. downgrade to BC 1.7.11 to fix.
Thank you :)
Downgrading BC to 1.7.11 did not alone solve my problems though. But after some tinkering around I got the bots to work again.
It seems as long as you only ever have robot stations on the top side of pipes they work just fine. Befor upgrading to v0.8.3 of the pack though they worked on any side of the pipe, so I often had up to 3 stations on the same pipe controlled by a single gate (don't know what BC version was in the pack befor the update). So I can still get things to work, it just takes more space and gates.

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Downgrading BC to 1.7.11 did not alone solve my problems though. But after some tinkering around I got the bots to work again.
It seems as long as you only ever have robot stations on the top side of pipes they work just fine. Befor upgrading to v0.8.3 of the pack though they worked on any side of the pipe, so I often had up to 3 stations on the same pipe controlled by a single gate (don't know what BC version was in the pack befor the update). So I can still get things to work, it just takes more space and gates.
Ah good to know, now i dont have to rush golems xD

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Why not just keep the boiler continuously supplied by having the pump(s) tapped into the power supply and not turning off the engines? I can't think of any reason to turn them off, especially since larger boilers are a pain to heat up. Kinesis pipes don't explode any more, and I don't know of any machines that will explode when given too much power.

Do the engines explode if they have to much RF stored? I haven't used Forestry/BC/Railcraft engines in a while. I know that TE engines will throttle their RF production as they start to fill up, but I wasn't seeing that on the Commercial Steam engine I had attached to the boiler. That was my concern and the reason for putting the gates in place.

The last time I really used Railcraft Engines that I can remember, I was in a normal world, so it wasn't uncommon to be running a quarry or similar which then required a heap of furnaces to keep up with ore production and other farms, so energy use was pretty solid.

I think that BC Combustion engines had a tendency to explode if they stored too much power.

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
Yes, that is a separate issue with Robots that is present in 1.7.11 and 1.7.12. You can use Docking Stations that face Up, East, or North. Docking stations that face any other direction cause the robot to get stuck and they will never move from the station.