Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I think mars would be okay, so desh, but thumbs up for the effort!

Desh it is then! I added a Sag Mill recipe for GC silicon ore to the SAGMillRecipes_User.xml file. (not sure if you can add minetweaker recipes to enderio- and enderio has native support for custom recipes anyway)

<SAGMillRecipes>
<recipeGroup name="Galacticraft">
<!-- GC Silicon to ELN Silicon Dust -->
<recipe name="GCSiliconDust" energyCost="720">
<input>
<itemStack oreDictionary="oreSilicon" />
</input>
<output>
<itemStack oreDictionary="dustSilicon" chance="1" />
</output>
</recipe>
</recipeGroup>
</SAGMillRecipes>

So all in balance, and thank you for dealing with the thousand other recipes you had to balance lol. It's rough :p

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to ration items with EIO's Item Filters?

Edit: Asked the above question on EIO's IRC and pretty much got the same response...

Looking to start off the T2 PowerGen via Toluene in the Turbines. Can't quite grasp how to keep the Synth from filling up with elements. Looking to limit stack size in the Synth to one stack of each required element. Routers? Relocators? I tried relocators but the setup has to be spaced pretty far apart to prevent connections to anything else. And if there are unwanted connections, the elements don't know where to go [ex: relocators running parallel to EIO energy conduit]. Forge Multipart would be very helpful here as well.

Edit final: Looks like I can do what i want with a router [in slot mode, with machine and bandwidth upgrades] for each element. Kinda expensive IMO for reliable T2 power thru Minechem.

Last edited:

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Is OpenComputors worth getting into at all? What can I do with it? Would I be able to make a robot that quarries the surface?
I played with Open Computers in Infitech modpack... It's far more involved and difficult than computercraft, and has fewer peripherials. I used it mostly to dial my stargate. I never used turtles, but I understand robots have similar capability. That said, I also found it more fun to use, even made a high res texturepack for it.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Huh...thought Obsidian Glass was meteor proof? Placed a layer of glass at world height above the observatory. Just got hit again right on top of the structure.

Edit: just checked and the glass is meteor proof [as I have several meteors atop] but where the meteor impacted the observatory is covered by the glass, so should have been protected?

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Huh...thought Obsidian Glass was meteor proof? Placed a layer of glass at world height above the observatory. Just got hit again right on top of the structure.

Edit: just checked and the glass is meteor proof [as I have several meteors atop] but where the meteor impacted the observatory is covered by the glass, so should have been protected?
I haven't been able to stop meteors at all with the version of galacticraft this modpack has. There's a config option for disabling block damage, but it does nothing atm. I just kinda deal with it, set up an audible alarm if things depressurize, and take a few minutes a day to clean up the landscape abit (I leave the meteors, once you have reached the asteroid belt, they aren't worth mining)

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I think my time is up in Galactic Science. Visited all the planets, did most of the HQM that I was interested in. Swimming in resources, happily safe in my fully pressurized domes on the moon with minor bases in most of the planets.
Was always looking for a modpack that was space-based, and you pulled it off nicely Caithleen. I'll be looking forward to your future modpacks and thanks!
2015-10-25_00.23.03.png

Reactions: 2ToTheCubithPower

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I dont see any Stargate or Tardis, so you're not there yet xP
Anywhere I can't get with a rocket? :p

Honestly was thinking about making an ender io spawner with those zombie mob eggs you get as rewards and curing a few to start a moon village, but no real point in the end.

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Look up the /cofh tps dimlist :^ Rockets are only Mercury to Pluto ^^
Don't forget exoplanets!
Elipsis Has a breathable atmosphere :)

Don't get me wrong, Tardis looked cool, but blood magic? meh... I'm in space. I generally skip on anything magical if I'm playing a tech modpack.

Last edited:

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Just watched Genny B's latest episode and noticed something odd... He was able to use Ender IO Rocket fuel buckets in the Galacticraft Fuel loader. That is not supposed to happen... Not really a game changer but still...

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget exoplanets!
Elipsis Has a breathable atmosphere :)

Don't get me wrong, Tardis looked cool, but blood magic? meh... I'm in space. I generally skip on anything magical if I'm playing a tech modpack.

I am not sure blood magic is featured too heavily, other than a way to obtain the tardis.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to ration items with EIO's Item Filters?

You could simply use XU pipes, they are cheap. Also propane is alot easier to synth.

Well, I think my time is up in Galactic Science. Visited all the planets, did most of the HQM that I was interested in. Swimming in resources, happily safe in my fully pressurized domes on the moon with minor bases in most of the planets.
Was always looking for a modpack that was space-based, and you pulled it off nicely Caithleen. I'll be looking forward to your future modpacks and thanks!
View attachment 24078

Glad you liked it, but without tardis, you are no timelord yet!

Bloodmagic is used at one single point : T5. And if you didnt do that, you cant judge it. Its not what you would expect ;)

SplitJugular

Jul 29, 2019
are there any texture packs out there for this pack?
i really want to start but im to sed to shiny textrues to deal with vanilla

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
:( managed to get withered skeleton skulls via the RFTools Spawner w/ Skeleton syringe and witch water on the spawn point. Didn't know that the nether star recipe using withered skeleton skulls was disabled. Off to minechem lab!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.