[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Reil

Jul 29, 2019
Just be careful you don't wind up with something that eats your stabilizer faster than you can power it.

TehGrundle

Jul 29, 2019
From what I've read, you can turn it into a tainted node by throwing bottled taint nearby and it will no longer be hungry. Then you just control the taint spread with some ethereal blooms and you can stabilize or energize it easily.

Reactions: Reil

ltkeko

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone!! sorry about my English!

I need to spawn an Ocelot and i made a Table of necromancy and a cursed spirit's blade, if i kill animals with it it is ok but i need alienis to spawn an ocelot so i kill every mob i see and no essence drop, just normal drops, i activated the blade with harvesting essence, i think it is because every mob is from special mobs mod and the csb only works with minecraft mobs... :( if anyone can help i'll be very gratefull

TehGrundle

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone!! sorry about my English!

I need to spawn an Ocelot and i made a Table of necromancy and a cursed spirit's blade, if i kill animals with it it is ok but i need alienis to spawn an ocelot so i kill every mob i see and no essence drop, just normal drops, i activated the blade with harvesting essence, i think it is because every mob is from special mobs mod and the csb only works with minecraft mobs... :( if anyone can help i'll be very gratefull

Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned that in order to get the cursed blade working, they had to edit the spawn tables in the Infernal Mobs and Special Mobs configs in order to allow vanilla mobs to spawn. I'll see if I can find it.

Reactions: ltkeko

Reil

Jul 29, 2019
There are a bunch of lines in the SpecialMobs.cfg that currently say something like allow_vanilla=false. You need to change those to read true, instead. You might also want to adjust spawning rates, but this change is enough if you're just trying to play for a while, power up the CSB, then set things back to default.

Reactions: ltkeko

ltkeko

Jul 29, 2019
Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned that in order to get the cursed blade working, they had to edit the spawn tables in the Infernal Mobs and Special Mobs configs in order to allow vanilla mobs to spawn. I'll see if I can find it.

There are a bunch of lines in the SpecialMobs.cfg that currently say something like allow_vanilla=false. You need to change those to read true, instead. You might also want to adjust spawning rates, but this change is enough if you're just trying to play for a while, power up the CSB, then set things back to default.

Thank you guys! ;)

Chaoslord AJ

Jul 29, 2019
Signed up to FTB to thank DrasticDemise and the team for the good work. I really dig the look and setting of the mod. :)
Also just the right difficulty for me as a MC journeyman.

BTW:
I noticed the portal back from TF spawned me somewhere underground in Y=13 instead of where I started. Seems like some common bug as in Regrowth on exiting Nether I ended up beneath the ocean floor.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed the portal back from TF spawned me somewhere underground in Y=13 instead of where I started. Seems like some common bug as in Regrowth on exiting Nether I ended up beneath the ocean floor.

What was the y-altitude of the original TF portal in the Overworld? And what was its altitude in the Forest? Was the Overworld portal damaged somehow or is it still fine? And does this happen with every TF portal you go through or just one location?

Chaoslord AJ

Jul 29, 2019
What was the y-altitude of the original TF portal in the Overworld? And what was its altitude in the Forest? Was the Overworld portal damaged somehow or is it still fine? And does this happen with every TF portal you go through or just one location?
Original portal was Y=75 at X/Z approx. -1738/3287, yeah fibrous taint ate some flowers but the blocks are still there and it works, TP arrival portal is Y=49, return TP is Y=29 not as deep as I thought first (apparently I went down from there for ressources) at approx. -1480/3136. Don't think it spawned there naturally inside the stone. I only found that portal as I'm not far in, just wanted to grab myself some ressources. Guess the taint warps everything.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Original portal was Y=75 at X/Z approx. -1738/3287, yeah fibrous taint ate some flowers but the blocks are still there and it works, TP arrival portal is Y=49, return TP is Y=29 not as deep as I thought first (apparently I went down from there for ressources) at approx. -1480/3136. Don't think it spawned there naturally inside the stone. I only found that portal as I'm not far in, just wanted to grab myself some ressources. Guess the taint warps everything.

I had one Hubris where I went through a TF portal at roughly sea-level and found myself on top of one of those giant canopy trees and had to tunnel down like fifty blocks to reach the ground. I think it's a little wonky with verticals, but I've never heard of someone appearing underground before.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
I recently started this mod, and I have somewhat dumb issue: I can't equip the adventure's backpack. How does that work?

Put it on the ground, then left click it with an empty hand. There's a good web page about it that you should read so you're familiar with all the tricky things it can do. Be aware that in Hubris, it will NOT spawn when you die on areas that have crusted taint, which means sometimes it ends up spawning in a cave below or above you. If you think you have 'lost' it, start digging...

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
Put it on the ground, then left click it with an empty hand. There's a good web page about it that you should read so you're familiar with all the tricky things it can do. Be aware that in Hubris, it will NOT spawn when you die on areas that have crusted taint, which means sometimes it ends up spawning in a cave below or above you. If you think you have 'lost' it, start digging...

It doesn't work. I've tried left and right click, sneaking and not. I found the backpack in a chest, so I thought it may be bugged, but I also tried with a cheated one and the same. Nothing seems to work.

I read the whole mod's wiki (pretty interesting, lot of functionality in advanced backpacks) before asking here, but I cant find out what is wrong :(

Am I supposed to see something special in my inventory screen? or that was in an older version of the mod?

EDIT:

found it! there is a button in the UI, but only when you right click with the bag in your hand.

Last edited:

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I wasn't clear. When it's on the ground, you have to keep left-clicking on it until it 'breaks' then you will wear it.

Like I said, definitely check out the web page.

KlepticMortis

Jul 29, 2019
So I don't know if this is something on my end (i'm not getting any crash reports since it isn't "technically crashing") but any time that I die, the entire world begins to despawn and I have to force quit out of the game then reload it. Usually it will spawn me back in right before I died (sometimes I die again immediately, forcing me to force close again). I can't figure out with the issue is.

Also, if it makes any difference, I'm playing from the curse launcher.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
So I don't know if this is something on my end (i'm not getting any crash reports since it isn't "technically crashing") but any time that I die, the entire world begins to despawn and I have to force quit out of the game then reload it. Usually it will spawn me back in right before I died (sometimes I die again immediately, forcing me to force close again). I can't figure out with the issue is.

Also, if it makes any difference, I'm playing from the curse launcher.
Explain "despawn" please? Is the world unloading, as if the loading bit was happening in reverse?

Reil

Jul 29, 2019
I think they're talking about the effect you can see in Electric Cake's Youtube LP, around the 21:30 mark. Chunks being unloaded instead of loaded after respawn.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
I think they're talking about the effect you can see in Electric Cake's Youtube LP, around the 21:30 mark. Chunks being unloaded instead of loaded after respawn.

Ugh. I remember that, that was due to an overheated video card. You might want to link the specific episode, darned if I remember which one that was...