Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
No info here on the effects of minechem compounds? And no talk of weapon coating?:(

I found a pastebin detailing the effects but it seems some [all?] have been changed.

Warmastr

Jul 29, 2019
Just finished my space station (for now)
Take a look!
I know it isn't the most efficient process, but it works fine for me and I enjoy it. I could use more EIO conduits, but I've been enjoying using RR. Sneak extract works great with the minechem machines.

I think my next step is going to be to stockpile resources while I try to figure out opencomputers.

Great job! I like how you are using the screens. It gives it a high tech feel for a high tech mod!

Reactions: 2ToTheCubithPower

limoncraft

Jul 29, 2019
Great modpack dude :D, but I thinks something is missing, Tinkers' Construct, because everyone loves customization of tools.

Last edited:

Rich72

Jul 29, 2019
Why does nothing ever work for me? (im fairly new to modded). I want to take the triple compressed cobble and put it into the chem decomposer.

Attachments

• 2015-10-21_18.19.41.png
    2015-10-21_18.19.41.png
    411.8 KB · Views: 55

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Why does nothing ever work for me? (im fairly new to modded). I want to take the triple compressed cobble and put it into the chem decomposer.

Don't use Crafters. Use Refined Relocation's 'Module Crafting' to compress the cobble [they use no energy]. Does your setup decomp any form of compressed cobble, or is it just the triple compressed that's not working? Remember, you need to pipe the compressed cobble into the top of the decomposer. If double works, but not triple...then you can't do triple. If nothing works, manually place some triple into the decomposer, then logout and completely close your launcher. Restart and it should work. If not, shut the launcher down fully and restart until it does [I've had instances where the first full restart didn't work, but the second did].

Reactions: Caithleen

2ToTheCubithPower

Jul 29, 2019
Don't use Crafters. Use Refined Relocation's 'Module Crafting' to compress the cobble [they use no energy]. Does your setup decomp any form of compressed cobble, or is it just the triple compressed that's not working? Remember, you need to pipe the compressed cobble into the top of the decomposer. If double works, but not triple...then you can't do triple. If nothing works, manually place some triple into the decomposer, then logout and completely close your launcher. Restart and it should work. If not, shut the launcher down fully and restart until it does [I've had instances where the first full restart didn't work, but the second did].
Is triple compressed meant to decompose? As far as I knew, only once compressed cobble decomposed

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Is triple compressed meant to decompose? As far as I knew, only once compressed cobble decomposed

It has a 12% chance of getting stuff from triple compressed cobblestone IIRC

EDIT: Normal cobblestone has 10% chance of getting something from decomposing. The higher the compression, the bigger the amount of stuff you'd get.

jI5IpQg.png

Last edited:

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
NolanSyKinsley made some custome recipes for them (that the evil gods nerfed!) so feel free to decompose them :D

And better go for triples at the start ... they have a % chance to give stuff like cobble.

I was running the numbers yesterday, just to see if it is worthwhile to decompose stone and what level of compression works best. It assumes a cobble gen with 4-5 world upgrades and the Refined Relocation extractor feeding 9 cobble every 0.6 seconds into the first crafting module, producing 6000 compressed cobble per hour. (The crafter will run at max speed at these settings.)

1x Compressed: 6000 items/hour, 42 RF/t required => 7.5 Iron ingots/hour
2x Compressed: 667 items/hour, 4.6 RF/t required => 75 Iron ingots/hour
3x Compressed: 74 items/hour, 0.5 RF/t required => 72 Iron ingots/hour
4x Compressed: 8 items/hour, hamster required => 72 Iron ingots/hour

Double compressed gives the most resources, but it might get tedious to keep feeding the decomposer. As Caithleen mentioned, Triple is probable the best, the crafting modules are fairly cheap to make and you can fit the extractor and three crafters into two RR tubes.

Now a quiz question: If you build 4 Automatic Sieves without speed/fortune upgrades and let them process gravel at full speed, how many Iron Ore Gravel will you get per hour?
Also 72. :)

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Loving the pack so far, A little grindy, but really that just makes you think harder about what you really need to spend that iron on. As with everything minecraft, just scale up. Difficulty seems about right. Good Job!

Just a couple of questions:

Perhaps I've just been unlucky, getting 3x pauls, but do you ever get a second cow as a quest reward? is It just luck of the draw? This is my first HQM pack, I'm usually doing either terrafirma or something difficult with gregtech.

After recently having been to venus, I never saw a stitch of uranium (walked away with six stacks of rubies and 24 crystals however). Is this oregen disabled? If not, what y level does it spawn at?

Also, the Moon seems to be devastated by continuing meteor damage, and I've checked the configs- block damage is disabled by default. It still punches holes everywhere though. Not sure if it's 4space or what messing with the meteor damage, but had to lower the spawn rate as there's probably 1000 meteors after about 60 hours of gameplay.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Block damage is in the config but we had to revert to a version that doesnt use it. New update tests are ahead thoo. Also those meteors are iron, aluminum if you silktouch! :D

Most of the rewards troll you anyway. Theres no need for cows, you can simply synth leather from basic stuff. Also Paul drops Pizza, hes the last pizza service avaible after doomsday!

Uranium and other stuff is avaible (*pets white cat on lap, laughs maniacally) .... from sieving those planets!

But believe me, with the NC FUSION, you dont want a FISSION anymore :D

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I hope this doesn't draw the ire of the NERF bat...

While ago I experimented with all the different RF-powered furnaces I could build at T1, to see if I could speed up the smelting process. All were about the same as a vanilla furnace, but I kept the Electric Arc Furnace. Just got back from my first Mars trip and threw in the Unrefined Desh. Turns out this furnace yields 2x for Desh! And the recipe isn't in NEI.

Unrelated but useful info:
Don't fully use your RR Pickaxe. It will break and disappear like any vanilla tool. You can repair it by charging with RF [ex. Capacitor Bank - also available at T1!]

Last edited:

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
So, I just started playing this pack. I'm wondering what I'm supposed to do during nighttime. The only thing I can really do right now is grow trees, and they don't grow at night. Even if they did, it's dangerous out there with no light sources. Normally I would just sleep through it of course, but from what I read that has been purposefully disabled. So if I can't sleep, and I can't grow trees, what am I meant to do?

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
You can grow trees at night if you place a glowstone torch right next to them, it gives just enough light to allow them to grow. If you don't have anything to do I would suggest digging a mineshaft of sorts to gather turf/dirt to sift, or gather it during the day to process at night. I generally dig out an area just large enough to grow a tree in my basement and use the gathered resources to start a wall around my base. Build it ~4-5 blocks tall with a lip on the outside to prevent spiders from climbing in. Once the top of the wall and everything inside the wall is lit you can move freely at night.

If you have a decomposer get the sulfur from gun powder and make sulfur torches, they are much more like regular minecraft torches, bright and do not dim at night.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
You can grow trees at night if you place a glowstone torch right next to them, it gives just enough light to allow them to grow. If you don't have anything to do I would suggest digging a mineshaft of sorts to gather turf/dirt to sift, or gather it during the day to process at night. I generally dig out an area just large enough to grow a tree in my basement and use the gathered resources to start a wall around my base. Build it ~4-5 blocks tall with a lip on the outside to prevent spiders from climbing in. Once the top of the wall and everything inside the wall is lit you can move freely at night.

If you have a decomposer get the sulfur from gun powder and make sulfur torches, they are much more like regular minecraft torches, bright and do not dim at night.

I wasn't being overly dramatic when I said the only thing I can do is grow trees. I have no torches, I have no furnace, and I certainly have no decomposer. I'm working to make more dirt by mulching saplings, or at least I would be if it were daytime. I didnt want to leap to conclusions since again, I'm very new to this pack, but this seems to be a pretty big oversight, especially when night lasts almost 3 hours real time.

Status
Not open for further replies.