[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I knew it! The diamonds are trolling me.....

Szry4Hg.png

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering a few things.

1st-Is there a way to cause a lightning strike in this pack? I wanted to upgrade my pet luggage and it needs to be struck by lightning!
2nd- Are there any Thaumcraft Eldritch Obelisk, or a way to get them?

Ok I have read a great deal trying to find an answer I need, and haven't gotten far. I think the Eldritch Obelisk is a no go, or at least for now. If this is the case then I would like to offer advice how to add it. There is an item that will place them that could be awarded as a quest.

Last edited:

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering a few things.

1st-Is there a way to cause a lightning strike in this pack? I wanted to upgrade my pet luggage and it needs to be struck by lightning!
2nd- Are there any Thaumcraft Eldritch Obelisk, or a way to get them?

Ok I have read a great deal trying to find an answer I need, and haven't gotten far. I think the Eldritch Obelisk is a no go, or at least for now. If this is the case then I would like to offer advice how to add it. There is an item that will place them that could be awarded as a quest.

They did hint a maybe for the thaumcraft outer lands, but the repository has been inactive for 2 months (code wise).

As for the lightning strikes, I mentioned a few posts up that you can punch a hole in the roof of the cubes. I did get rain in them, so maybe lightning is possible as well.

Reactions: RehabOholic

Grinneg

Jul 29, 2019
I keep finding quests with frustrating no-choose rewards - for example, crafting a tool forge, only to get a second tool forge as a reward. I know there was another, but I can't remember what it was.

I decided to cheat the metal blocks back in anyway, as though I melted down the unnecessary table, since there isn't a smeltery recipe for that. Also, it appears that almost every metal has a tool forge recipe except silver blocks?

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
I keep finding quests with frustrating no-choose rewards - for example, crafting a tool forge, only to get a second tool forge as a reward. I know there was another, but I can't remember what it was.

I decided to cheat the metal blocks back in anyway, as though I melted down the unnecessary table, since there isn't a smeltery recipe for that. Also, it appears that almost every metal has a tool forge recipe except silver blocks?

Could be worse....you could get a stick...not that I've gotten this reward multiple times already!

isNaN

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!

Somehow the Nether Cube got lost when I was picking it up. Is there any trick or admin command I can use to get a cube to point to the same location?

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Just thought I'd provide a little feedback. Great concept and idea, interesting use of Compact Machines, but I probably won't be playing it thought. I start off as per usual in Easy Mode (I suck, in the bad way, at combat so...) and go into the Emergency Shelter, come out, and run into a blaze. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't mind them so much, but usually later when I have armor, a weapon, maybe a few fire resist potions, but not first thing when I am naked and with out a weapon. >.< That just makes the map about equal to those ultra hard core CTM maps of yesteryear. So, no, I don't think I'll be playing it in favor of a map that's a bit more fair and not so brutal.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Just thought I'd provide a little feedback. Great concept and idea, interesting use of Compact Machines, but I probably won't be playing it thought. I start off as per usual in Easy Mode (I suck, in the bad way, at combat so...) and go into the Emergency Shelter, come out, and run into a blaze. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't mind them so much, but usually later when I have armor, a weapon, maybe a few fire resist potions, but not first thing when I am naked and with out a weapon. >.< That just makes the map about equal to those ultra hard core CTM maps of yesteryear. So, no, I don't think I'll be playing it in favor of a map that's a bit more fair and not so brutal.
yeah, the spawn can be unlucky. Get the starting area blocked off asap. You do get a nice weapon right in the beginning though.

For me, this pack is one of the best ones, together with Crash Landing and Regrowth :)

isNaN

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!

Somehow the Nether Cube got lost when I was picking it up. Is there any trick or admin command I can use to get a cube to point to the same location?

[SOLVED]
I managed to copy-paste in the cube from another single player world using MCEdit.

JPicasso

Jul 29, 2019
So like isNaN, I've had many of the CM cubes disappear when broken. It's happened multiple times and without warning. First thing I notice is that you need a sufficient level pick to break them (don't use flint) but even with my iron or bronze level pick, I'm getting the cubes gone forever when I break them. It seems that the Compact machine walls sometimes suck up and destroy blocks that are broken next to them. I've been trying to maintain a base entirely in a cube, and aside from total destruction of required items, it's going pretty well. Not sure if this is an Obscurity integration issue, or if it's a bug with Compact Machines mod.

Anyone else having similar troubles?

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not at home so I don't know the exact number but it's the most recent mudpack
I don't think there's a version which doesn't have that issue.

You could try using MCEdit to delete all of the thousands of eggs that are sitting around your compact machine. I suspect your eggs are still there, you just can't see them anymore. Don't forget to back up the save before you do this.

Latest build of MCEdit at this time is https://github.com/Khroki/MCEdit-Unified/releases/tag/1.4.0.1

The dimension where compact machines live is dimension 2

The co-ordinates of the slime machine are 395, 51, 5 (x,y,z). You can jump there by switching to dimension 2 and using CTRL+G to goto that point. At that point you can select the entire cube (and possibly surrounding area) and use delete entities to get rid of the eggs. It will also kill any animals i nthe area but it'll fix your problem. Then you need to save and load your game up and see how it works.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
So like isNaN, I've had many of the CM cubes disappear when broken. It's happened multiple times and without warning. First thing I notice is that you need a sufficient level pick to break them (don't use flint) but even with my iron or bronze level pick, I'm getting the cubes gone forever when I break them. It seems that the Compact machine walls sometimes suck up and destroy blocks that are broken next to them. I've been trying to maintain a base entirely in a cube, and aside from total destruction of required items, it's going pretty well. Not sure if this is an Obscurity integration issue, or if it's a bug with Compact Machines mod.

The other users reporting this happening appear to be having the issue quite rarely when breaking a machine out in the world. Your report sounds like you're having it happen often, but when breaking it INSIDE a compact machine. Is this correct?

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
Im currently having an issue with some mod items failing to work, notably the destruction catalyst from Xeno Reliquary. I made the item and have more than enough gun powder but the item fails to do anything. Checking the config file to make sure it has been activated and which blocks it allows to destruct but still nothing will work.

Anyone else having this problem?
Shift right click with the catalyst to have it consume your gunpowder. Then try it. Pretty sure this is how all the reliquary items which use an item work.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody try autocrafting the Nether Gate from Mini Portal and Obsidian?

I try and this are the results:
- Machine inventory Manager works, but destroy the Mini portal from the inventory Chest
- Cyclic Assembler works, but destroy the Mini portal from the Cyclic inventory.
- Molecular Assembler autocrafting from the ME System (with interface and pattern), not works, i see this on the screen: InvalidParameterException: World is null

Manually all works fine, from Crafting Station, or ME Crafting Terminal, the Mini Portal is never destroyed!

Any ideas to workarround the problem?

I don't think it's possible. On the up side, no nether needed will be replaced at some stage. But that may be in the version which replaces the entire world with a new one and is a way off yet. For now I guess harnessing the power of demonic energies is just beyond the ken of technology and you'll have to do it by hand ;)

braingkk

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody try autocrafting the Nether Gate from Mini Portal and Obsidian?

I try and this are the results:
- Machine inventory Manager works, but destroy the Mini portal from the inventory Chest
- Cyclic Assembler works, but destroy the Mini portal from the Cyclic inventory.
- Molecular Assembler autocrafting from the ME System (with interface and pattern), not works, i see this on the screen: InvalidParameterException: World is null

Manually all works fine, from Crafting Station, or ME Crafting Terminal, the Mini Portal is never destroyed!

Any ideas to workarround the problem?

been having similar problem trying to autocraft torches with the flint&steel. they just get deleted on single craft with cyclic assembler and transfer node in world crafting. surprisingly tho the nether gates do not disappear when i set them to autocraft netherrack out of cobble

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
That's not a blaze, it's a lava monster. If you don't like them, remove the lava monsters mod from the pack and they'll go away. The rest of the mod isn't that brutal. Unless you have Optifine installed, in which case you'll be one-shotted by OP spiders, because Optifine does something whacky with the math.

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019

This sounds like it's likely a bug with CM. I will contact the Dev about it :)