[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

Arphahat

Jul 29, 2019
In that case yes a good light source. Wouldn't advise making them for a viable light source as the recipe is not cheap (default)... but entirely up to you. If you wanna be absolutely bonkers, be my guest ;)
I can't recall what quest it was a reward for, but it was perfectly timed. I hadn't invested in many light sources and it was a nice, free way to have moveable light. I don't think I'm planning on making more, though. :)

Arphahat

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really enjoying this modpack. Most of it is pretty well balanced. I noticed awhile back a mention of things we'd like added and my biggest desire is about luminite. Either more of it, or altered recipes that require less of it, or some other way to get it than mining. I have a miner going with a pick with silk touch and I SAG the ores, but it is still taking forever the get enough to upgrade the final tier of the jetpack. I have a seemingly endless supply of everything else, but am always waiting on more luminite.

JPicasso

Jul 29, 2019
So my quest troubles have been resolved, I loaded up another instance and copied my map and save game data and am up and running. Curious that the Curse launcher does not have a "repair" function, or perhaps the files matched but some extra configuration file was the culprit. Anyways, happy to be back in full capacity.

I would echo Arphahat's comments both on how playable the pack is, and also the bottleneck on luminite. Obsidian isn't exactly bountiful, but at least there's a way to manufacture it. Diamonds are not either, but the scarcity of diamonds seems to be just about right.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
So my quest troubles have been resolved, I loaded up another instance and copied my map and save game data and am up and running. Curious that the Curse launcher does not have a "repair" function, or perhaps the files matched but some extra configuration file was the culprit. Anyways, happy to be back in full capacity.

I would echo Arphahat's comments both on how playable the pack is, and also the bottleneck on luminite. Obsidian isn't exactly bountiful, but at least there's a way to manufacture it. Diamonds are not either, but the scarcity of diamonds seems to be just about right.

I never really had a problem with luminite, what are you using it for? Note that I barely made torches at all, that may be where a lot of luminite goes to.

And about the diamonds, you will eat that remark later on :)

The scarcity of diamonds is why I stopped playing obscurity. I wil cheat through them, just to finish the pack, some day though.

Arphahat

Jul 29, 2019
I never really had a problem with luminite, what are you using it for? Note that I barely made torches at all, that may be where a lot of luminite goes to.

And about the diamonds, you will eat that remark later on :)

The scarcity of diamonds is why I stopped playing obscurity. I wil cheat through them, just to finish the pack, some day though.
Luminite for torches is only really early on. All of the Ender IO ingots use 8 luminite to create. Trying to make the tier 5 jetpack means waiting for a lot of luminite.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Luminite for torches is only really early on. All of the Ender IO ingots use 8 luminite to create. Trying to make the tier 5 jetpack means waiting for a lot of luminite.

Ah ok, I had made the other jetpack before the quests changed. You still need about 17k luminite for the ludicrite later on.

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Ah ok, I had made the other jetpack before the quests changed. You still need about 17k luminite for the ludicrite later on.

Yah I may not finish the jetpack quest as I've already made the Thermal one. :)

Last edited:

Bluefox009

Jul 29, 2019
I've done some searching and can't find it but is there a ore gen table or list? I may not be searching right

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tergiver

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone find obsidian totem blocks anywhere? They are normally world-gen, but not in the deep dark. I think we need a recipe added for them. You need at least 12 of them to build the Thaumic Tinkerer enchanter.

Tergiver

Jul 29, 2019
I'd also like to see added a way to obtain the crimson cultist book and primordial pearls so that we can complete the Eldrich tab (I think a trip to the outer lands is required for an unlock or two). Not for KAMI, as mentioned before, but for the advanced alchemical furnace and other pearl-required items.

Tergiver

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to change the vanilla recipe for fermented spider eye from using brown_mushroom to listAllMushroom?

I'm working on the Ludicrite and need brown mushrooms. I have no idea how to make brown mushrooms. It would be happier if we could use brown, red, or white ones.

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to change the vanilla recipe for fermented spider eye from using brown_mushroom to listAllMushroom?

I'm working on the Ludicrite and need brown mushrooms. I have no idea how to make brown mushrooms. It would be happier if we could use brown, red, or white ones.

You can find brown mushrooms growing in the wild and then set up a vanilla mushroom farm with them.

Tergiver

Jul 29, 2019
Call me stupid.. it's ok, really!

I've read the vanilla wiki, seen a couple of videos, and I still cannot get brown mushrooms to grow.

Arphahat

Jul 29, 2019
Just to be clear, did you first find a brown mushroom? You need to plant the brown mushroom to get more to grow next to them.