[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
SO, as some may have noticed I have been gone for a bit (Existential crisis) but Lyrael has been helping you all out. I am now back so we will both be helping solve issues.

First though: Is there anything anyone would like to see in the next major update? (Yes we are working on it)

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
SO, as some may have noticed I have been gone for a bit (Existential crisis) but Lyrael has been helping you all out. I am now back so we will both be helping solve issues.

First though: Is there anything anyone would like to see in the next major update? (Yes we are working on it)

One thing is exploration after you have retrieved all the cubes.

I am close to being done (I think) mostly waiting for diamonds and finishing up the 'supplying the masses' quests of which I have 2 or 3 left.

I have no reason anymore to explore the world and I just hang out in my base.

Also, whats up with all the dirt deep underground? It makes manual mining trips more annoying than they have to be.

JPicasso

Jul 29, 2019
The other users reporting this happening appear to be having the issue quite rarely when breaking a machine out in the world. Your report sounds like you're having it happen often, but when breaking it INSIDE a compact machine. Is this correct?

This sounds like it's likely a bug with CM. I will contact the Dev about it :)

It's both. I've seen cubes just break if I use a low-level pick, like flint in the "overworld" AND within another CM. But I've lost plenty of cubes when breaking along side a wall of another CM even with a steel or maynullym(sp?) pick.
I think it's two separate issues. I've also lost crops that are growing next to the walls, and some ThermalDynamic machines will default to output, and they can output to the floor, vanishing their products. (not the center valves, the floor)

Having the coin has been a big help.

Overall, great modpack, I've learned to issue a /backup if I attempt to rearrange my cube much. :)

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
A word of warning about the golems in the supplying the masses quest. Do not (accidently) place the golem down. I did that a few times. Once picked up, the golems are not recognized for the quest anymore.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
It's both. I've seen cubes just break if I use a low-level pick, like flint in the "overworld" AND within another CM. But I've lost plenty of cubes when breaking along side a wall of another CM even with a steel or maynullym(sp?) pick.
I think it's two separate issues. I've also lost crops that are growing next to the walls, and some ThermalDynamic machines will default to output, and they can output to the floor, vanishing their products. (not the center valves, the floor)

Having the coin has been a big help.

Overall, great modpack, I've learned to issue a /backup if I attempt to rearrange my cube much. :)
They are separate issues. I was asking specifically about the machines disappearing in the deep dark when mined with a normal pick.

I am now also interested in knowing if the machines *always* disappear on you if broken with a flint pick, or just occasionally?

JPicasso

Jul 29, 2019
They are separate issues. I was asking specifically about the machines disappearing in the deep dark when mined with a normal pick.

I am now also interested in knowing if the machines *always* disappear on you if broken with a flint pick, or just occasionally?

Looks like nope. I placed and broke 20 or so CMs and even with flint pick they were fine. They had been placed against a wall that made up my "base", it's possible that they just weirdly broke and dropped through the wall to the other side?
I don't know. I got burned twice before and was associating it with the pick. Perhaps something more random and very uncommon was going on.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Looks like nope. I placed and broke 20 or so CMs and even with flint pick they were fine. They had been placed against a wall that made up my "base", it's possible that they just weirdly broke and dropped through the wall to the other side?
I don't know. I got burned twice before and was associating it with the pick. Perhaps something more random and very uncommon was going on.
This could be due to an issue in CM itself or its interaction with TCon tools. This will be further looked into at a later stage when we can, sorry for the huge update delay.

SnowShock
=========
Project Owner | Lead Modpack Developer

JPicasso

Jul 29, 2019
Jetpack issue

Hello,

I've run into an issue with the jetpack quests under Forge the Darkness chapter.
Sometime a week or so ago, my jetpack mod reverted to a more normal jetpack progression, and went down from 6 or so types of jetpacks, to the normal 4 (leadstone, hardend, reinforced, resonant)
I cheated myself in a hardened, and it's been fine, but the last quest on that tree isn't possible. Would there be a way to fix this? did one of my mods update outside of the pack by accident?

Reactions: SnowShock35

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Jetpack issue

Hello,

I've run into an issue with the jetpack quests under Forge the Darkness chapter.
Sometime a week or so ago, my jetpack mod reverted to a more normal jetpack progression, and went down from 6 or so types of jetpacks, to the normal 4 (leadstone, hardend, reinforced, resonant)
I cheated myself in a hardened, and it's been fine, but the last quest on that tree isn't possible. Would there be a way to fix this? did one of my mods update outside of the pack by accident?
Would you be able to provide some sort of screenshot to explain the issue you are having. Or perhaps the steps to reproduce and the version of the pack you are using and if you have updated in the last two weeks or so.

Would be much appreciated,
SnowShock

JPicasso

Jul 29, 2019
Would you be able to provide some sort of screenshot to explain the issue you are having. Or perhaps the steps to reproduce and the version of the pack you are using and if you have updated in the last two weeks or so.

Would be much appreciated,
SnowShock

So here are a couple of my screenshots. You can see the questview I had done 2/3 of the jetpack quests. But the third quest is wanting me to make Ultimate shielding, but that item is no longer in my MC.
I also searched "jetpack" on NEI so you can see what items I have in my game.
NoJetpackNEI.jpg NoJetpackQuest.jpg

I honestly do not remember updating anything. I use the Curse launcher, but didn't update any packs on purpose.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
So here are a couple of my screenshots. You can see the questview I had done 2/3 of the jetpack quests. But the third quest is wanting me to make Ultimate shielding, but that item is no longer in my MC.
I also searched "jetpack" on NEI so you can see what items I have in my game.
View attachment 23909 View attachment 23912

I honestly do not remember updating anything. I use the Curse launcher, but didn't update any packs on purpose.
Hmm, I somewhat see what is happening here but to get a full picture I would need the quest data. If you can, private message me your hqm data which you'll find in your world save. the location will be something like Curse/Minecraft/Instances/Obscurity/saves/<SaveName>/HardcoreQuesting if u could send that folder to me it would be of much help to resolving your issue.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Great pack. Been a while since I last played modded. What's the Fluxed Electrum Block Impossible Object?

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Great pack. Been a while since I last played modded. What's the Fluxed Electrum Block Impossible Object?
Well fluxed electrum blocks come from Redstone Arsenal and the impossible objects are spherical multiparts added by Extra Utilities that act nothing more than a decorative "joke" item because Minecraft is a voxel based game where spherical shapes don't exist.

Arphahat

Jul 29, 2019
Well fluxed electrum blocks come from Redstone Arsenal and the impossible objects are spherical multiparts added by Extra Utilities that act nothing more than a decorative "joke" item because Minecraft is a voxel based game where spherical shapes don't exist.
In this mod pack, though, it is a super helpful movable light source.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

fdman

Jul 29, 2019
hi,
I just find a bug with the attractor obelisk. when you put octadic capacitor on it. The range show by the attractor obelisk change but he only attract mob in the original range.
If someone have an issu for this bug it will be great.
Thank you for this pack he was a great one