[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

maiconimortal

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, is there any form to do the sigil ritual activation in the deep dark? I tryed in the creative, I broke all blocks above the enchantment table included bedrock and it recognizes to the moon but has no way to simulate the midnight to begin the ritual. A friend broke the curseds in the market and now can't make some quests need the cursed.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, is there any form to do the sigil ritual activation in the deep dark? I tryed in the creative, I broke all blocks above the enchantment table included bedrock and it recognizes to the moon but has no way to simulate the midnight to begin the ritual. A friend broke the curseds in the market and now can't make some quests need the cursed.
I know its possible to break the roof of a compact machine. I have a cube with a hole in it, and it sometimes rains in there. So maybe there is a proper day/night cycle in there.

The hole was caused by a greatwood tree.

Edit: Heck, there is even a slime island in the compact machine dimension
oqDAwOx.png

Last edited:

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of....I think what i'll do is go into creative and recreate the contents based on what I find in another version of map.

Also for reference if you are testing it, I had placed a 3 high cobble wall directly around the block before mining it..
Good to know.

Did you try removing the three block wall after it disappeared? (not something which can be fixed now, but useful info for us). It's possible that it got stuck in the wall.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
I had been building my base around the tower, actually. I just hadn't progressed far enough to have much in the way of equipment, and I was out of luminite. I'm having fun with it, but the "can't recover torches" mechanic is really frustrating.

I have a hard time running modded MC without Optifine, Fastcraft is nice but it isn't enough, aside from the other features I like in Optifine. I will try it again without, but that's one weird conflict. Almost like someone did it on purpose, it seems so unrelated.

EDIT: I see that it's an Extra Utilities known issue, so thanks.
Yeah I was the one who went and reported it after painstakingly disabling mods until I found which one caused it lol. For years people just thought it was a "random bug".

It makes sense when you consider that Optifine changes the way calculations happen in game and that all of the mobs have health numbers which are a power of two.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
Did you try using a clock and doing the ritual at the time when the clock says midnight? (I haven't done this, but it seems like a reasonable thing to try).

maiconimortal

Jul 29, 2019
I know its possible to break the roof of a compact machine. I have a cube with a hole in it, and it sometimes rains in there. So maybe there is a proper day/night cycle in there.

The hole was caused by a greatwood tree.

Edit: Heck, there is even a slime island in the compact machine dimension
oqDAwOx.png
Ohhhh, you broke a compact machine.

I tried but has two problems, compact machine has much light and the clock don't work, don't have midnight. :(

Last edited:

Thawin

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody try autocrafting the Nether Gate from Mini Portal and Obsidian?

I try and this are the results:
- Machine inventory Manager works, but destroy the Mini portal from the inventory Chest
- Cyclic Assembler works, but destroy the Mini portal from the Cyclic inventory.
- Molecular Assembler autocrafting from the ME System (with interface and pattern), not works, i see this on the screen: InvalidParameterException: World is null

Manually all works fine, from Crafting Station, or ME Crafting Terminal, the Mini Portal is never destroyed!

Any ideas to workarround the problem?

blahthebiste

Jul 29, 2019
Really disappointed to find out that there's no way to get the osmotic enchanter to work in Obscurity, since the Obsidian Totems don't spawn and there's no way to craft them...

Peeve

Jul 29, 2019
Has Anyone finished the Ludicrite quest? I can't see any way to get enough Manyullyn to finish it. It needs a total of 96 ingots, and i'm 29 short.

Thanks

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Has Anyone finished the Ludicrite quest? I can't see any way to get enough Manyullyn to finish it. It needs a total of 96 ingots, and i'm 29 short.

Thanks
Make cobalt and ardite ore using the nether gate, the recipes aren't that expensive. Its the diamonds that is worrying me about that quest.

Tululaboo

Jul 29, 2019
Im currently having an issue with some mod items failing to work, notably the destruction catalyst from Xeno Reliquary. I made the item and have more than enough gun powder but the item fails to do anything. Checking the config file to make sure it has been activated and which blocks it allows to destruct but still nothing will work.

Anyone else having this problem?

Mike Y

Jul 29, 2019
I need help! I just started the blueberry muffin quest and was using the automation feeder to breed chickens to get more eggs. I set it up in the slime island compact machine and I left it alone for maybe 30 minutes then went back in because I noticed some lag......everything went down to 1 fps and hundreds of eggs were flying everywhere then disappeared and the chickens are still there but only moving every 20 seconds or so.....if there any way I can kill all the mobs to fix this? I just spent two days automating my whole factory, so it would be horrible if I had to end the pack here because of the animal lag :(

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I need help! I just started the blueberry muffin quest and was using the automation feeder to breed chickens to get more eggs. I set it up in the slime island compact machine and I left it alone for maybe 30 minutes then went back in because I noticed some lag......everything went down to 1 fps and hundreds of eggs were flying everywhere then disappeared and the chickens are still there but only moving every 20 seconds or so.....if there any way I can kill all the mobs to fix this? I just spent two days automating my whole factory, so it would be horrible if I had to end the pack here because of the animal lag :(
What version of the mudpack are you on?

There is a bug in progressive automation I believe that causes that behavior. See this issue on the tracker https://github.com/SnowShock35/Obscurity/issues/198

It did get solved when the machines stopped spewing items into the world and into an adjacent inventory again.

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Ha I finally made Energetic Nitor, I used Essentia Crystalization because why not! Now the darkness can't stop me!

Peeve

Jul 29, 2019

I had the same problem, and i fixed it by opening the map file in mcedit and deleting all the egg entities. A way to prevent it from happening is to use a barrel with a void upgrade.

Hope this helps :)