[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

da2loo

Jul 29, 2019
does hyperenergetic nitor prevent the darkness from consuming you and if so what is a good source of lux
Yes, it does. The best source of Lux is probably still torches.
The Hyperenergetic Nitor can be created in a normal Crucible without overflowing with:
25 Torches, 13 Coal/Charcoal, 5 Air Shards.. then the Nitor.
It appears in the Thaumonomicon Thaumic Tinkering tab after researching Gaseous Illuminae.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
does hyperenergetic nitor prevent the darkness from consuming you and if so what is a good source of lux

I get lux from mushrooms! I've got a farm of the white mushrooms from pams. Mushrooms contain Tenebrea which can be centrifuged down into vacuous and lux :)

Edit: This is a pic of my automated nitor setup.
A74bJpB.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyrael

okmujnyhb

Jul 29, 2019
That isn't normal. Have you tried deleting the pack (backup saves first) and re-downloading? If that doesn't work I'm not sure what else you can try as that doesn't happen for me :(
I've tried it and it works for the first time I launch the modpack but every subsequent afterwards time the textures are all buggered up again.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
I can't make the Soul Binder, not the right type of enderman head... Any suggestion?..
Kill Moar Endermen. Can't guarantee it, but using "The Ender" might help as it's from the same mod as the correct type of head and is intended as a method of making obtaining them easier.

yonks

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reason the p2p tunnels don't work? I can't craft any of them but the me p2p tunnel and that one doesn't work when I set it up :(

trendel03

Jul 29, 2019
I have an issue...

I went to the Village compact machine....made sure it had a diamond in it, and then was going to take it back to base, so I used my pick on it.

When it broke, the machine completely disappeared....it was no where to be found...no mob had it in it's had, not sitting on some random block.

Is there a way to restore that particular machine and it's contents?

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I have an issue...

I went to the Village compact machine....made sure it had a diamond in it, and then was going to take it back to base, so I used my pick on it.

When it broke, the machine completely disappeared....it was no where to be found...no mob had it in it's had, not sitting on some random block.

Did you have an interdiction torch put down when you broke the cube? It could have pushed the cube away.

I also had an issue where a creeper explosion destroyed a cube I just 'mined' put not picked up yet.

Grinneg

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if bug or if just absurdly unfair:

I got stuck in a death cycle where I couldn't get my things because it was dark, therefore I couldn't make light to get them back. Anyway, I started a new world - and another, and another, and finally got a good start. Here's the bug...

I soon got camped by a spider with 130,000 hp. It's tougher than a normal spider, too. One-shotted my armorless butt twice when it jump-charged me and the interdiction torch didn't do its job well enough.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if bug or if just absurdly unfair:

I got stuck in a death cycle where I couldn't get my things because it was dark, therefore I couldn't make light to get them back. Anyway, I started a new world - and another, and another, and finally got a good start. Here's the bug...

I soon got camped by a spider with 130,000 hp. It's tougher than a normal spider, too. One-shotted my armorless butt twice when it jump-charged me and the interdiction torch didn't do its job well enough.

Remove Optifine. Optifine causes some mobs to be super powered. Especially spiders.

As far as getting stuck out in the dark, you should probably keep some spare torches at spawn.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
I have an issue...

I know of no way to restore the machine and its contents. It's possible that you could use nbtedit to edit a cube to link to that machine (http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-game-nbtedit-edit-mob-spawners-attributes-in) but you have to be careful with it lest you break your game (i.e. back it up). It's machine number 1.

I've heard of the blocks disappearing but I've been unable to reproduce it (I literally broke and replaced a cube thousands of times trying to get it to happen again).

The closest I could get to reproducing it was when one fell into a pit because they tend to "jump" a bit when you break them for some reason.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reason the p2p tunnels don't work? I can't craft any of them but the me p2p tunnel and that one doesn't work when I set it up :(

Can you describe your setup? They work for me.

You don't craft the other ones, you place the p2p tunnel and "attune" it to different types of transfer by right clicking with the appropriate items (e.g. an EnderIO conduit turns it into an RF tunnel).

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
As far as getting stuck out in the dark, you should probably keep some spare torches at spawn.

Also a tip, slab the path (from your base) to the spawn tower and ring it with fences. That way, if you die, mobs won't spawn on your route back to base. Or you could simply build your base around the spawn tower.

trendel03

Jul 29, 2019
I know of no way to restore the machine and its contents. It's possible that you could use nbtedit to edit a cube to link to that machine (http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-game-nbtedit-edit-mob-spawners-attributes-in) but you have to be careful with it lest you break your game (i.e. back it up). It's machine number 1.

I've heard of the blocks disappearing but I've been unable to reproduce it (I literally broke and replaced a cube thousands of times trying to get it to happen again).

The closest I could get to reproducing it was when one fell into a pit because they tend to "jump" a bit when you break them for some reason.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of....I think what i'll do is go into creative and recreate the contents based on what I find in another version of map.

Also for reference if you are testing it, I had placed a 3 high cobble wall directly around the block before mining it..

Grinneg

Jul 29, 2019
I had been building my base around the tower, actually. I just hadn't progressed far enough to have much in the way of equipment, and I was out of luminite. I'm having fun with it, but the "can't recover torches" mechanic is really frustrating.

I have a hard time running modded MC without Optifine, Fastcraft is nice but it isn't enough, aside from the other features I like in Optifine. I will try it again without, but that's one weird conflict. Almost like someone did it on purpose, it seems so unrelated.

EDIT: I see that it's an Extra Utilities known issue, so thanks.

Last edited:

bagofsquirrels

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason the textures to blocks and items from Quadrum do not display correctly for me. Items are invisible and the block textures are just 4 squares of slightly different hues. Has this happened to anyone else and, if so, does anyone know how to fix it, if possible?

I had this problem as well. It is a bug with Quadrum and Anisotropic filtering. Turning Anisotropic filtering to "OFF" should fix the issue.

Grinneg

Jul 29, 2019
This go 'round seems much better. Got a little farm planted around the falling fluid, cotton, carrots and potatoes, pumpkins for jack-o-lanterns. Managed to get as far as hardened leather armor and such. Thumbs up!