[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

Tergiver

Jul 29, 2019
Just to be clear, did you first find a brown mushroom?

Yes. I found the problem: I should have realized it was too bright in the room, but there shouldn't have been any light. It turned out to be an Arcane Lamp two rooms away. I didn't realize those created light through walls.

kowy

Jul 29, 2019
My wordgen doesnt spawn Quartz Ore ((( can't do much into AE (( I've got some from quest, but those are not enough for complex ae systems ..

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
My wordgen doesnt spawn Quartz Ore ((( can't do much into AE (( I've got some from quest, but those are not enough for complex ae systems ..
You need to travel roughly 1000 blocks away from your base to find nether quartz....it's out there you just have to head out into the dark dark yonder....

Reactions: JohnnyMobbins

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
OK so the thing to understand with Quartz is this: If Snow had to fly there to place a cube, then there will be no quartz there as the chunk was already generated in the pack. Most directions have a cube in that direction which means that a lot of the map is pregenerated unfortunately. West is the direction with the shortest distance to un-generated chunks. The other directions have up to 2500 blocks that would already be generated.

Here's my view from -675, 79, 195

If you want a visual representation of what chunks have already been generated (and therefore cannot have quartz in it) then you can use the auto-map feature of JourneyMap to fill out all of the generated chunks on the map. Areas which aren't mapped aren't generated. The pre-generated area is almost a square area with corners:
X, Z
-1761,-1167

If you're outside that, the fixed ore generation will be in effect.

Otherwise you'll have to wait for the new map in 1.2 I'm afraid.

As far as shiny goes, I think it's meant to be super rare. I don't think you need it for much anyway. You can get it as a 100% secondary drop from smelting ferrous in an induction smelter with cinnabar (the TE material, not the Thaumcraft stuff) if you're not finding much in the ground.

Quoting so that the new people having difficulty can find it.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. I found the problem: I should have realized it was too bright in the room, but there shouldn't have been any light. It turned out to be an Arcane Lamp two rooms away. I didn't realize those created light through walls.
They actually fill any blank space in a certain radius with little blocks that make light. Beware of them interfering with all sorts of things. You can break them though, but the lamp may put them back.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
How do you unlock supplying the masses, darkness falls and shadowed secrets?
Supplying the Masses should unlock once the first page is done.

There's a hidden quest which is automatically completed once you die the first time. If you haven't died yet, time to go swimming in Lava

Darkness Falls I believe unlocks once everything else is done (not sure whether Supplying the Masses is required to be completed for this).

Shadowed Secrets doesn't unlock. There are no quests in it.

JohnnyBsKillz

Jul 29, 2019
I just finished this pack and it was FANTASTIC!!! I've played other HQM Packs in the past but none of them really grabbed and held me the way this one did. Thus this is also the first HQM pack I've ever completed. :) I just wish it would auto-place a deep dark portal in the overworld so you can get back there when you finish. I didn't think to make a second portal so I had to cheat one in to get back. I'm thinking of setting up a regular server with this pack now and just letting everyone use the portal to get to the overworld or just build out in the deep dark. :) Thanks for making this awesome and inspired pack!!!

Attachments

• 2015-11-08_11.07.27.png
    2015-11-08_11.07.27.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 115

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Woot, I finally finished obscurity!

After not have played for weeks, I gave in and cheated in the remainder of the diamonds I needed for the ludicrite blocks.

Thanks so much for making the pack, I had a blast! Hope to see more of you guys in the future.

My only negative was the diamond grind, hence the cheating :)

Todesser

Jul 29, 2019
ive got a pest-spider situation, i know it is a hardcore pack and all but i think this its just ridiculous, look at the HP of that spider.

2015-11-21_21.33.44.png

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Woot, I finally finished obscurity!

After not have played for weeks, I gave in and cheated in the remainder of the diamonds I needed for the ludicrite blocks.

Thanks so much for making the pack, I had a blast! Hope to see more of you guys in the future.

My only negative was the diamond grind, hence the cheating :)

I have now discovered the diamond grind, along with all the other supplying the masses grind...the pain is real.... :)

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
I addressed the diamond grind by moving my ender quarry to about level 11. It will only mine 4 blocks above it, so it started bringing in diamonds at about 6x the speed it was before. For the most part I'm just stockpiling ores now, my processing line couldn't keep up with it all. I had to dedicate a whole alloy smelter just for making the dark steel balls, and it wasn't enough. Naturally, silk touch and speed 3 upgrades. It's spider eyes that I'm actually short on. Fortunately, the design I used for my slime spawner means I can just swap out the powered spawner. Once I realized that I could make magma cream with blood balls, (hey, a use for some of my 200k rotten flesh) I didn't need that any more.

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
For all having problems with lost compact machines, in the spoiler below each one with its id. When you lose one, spawn in creative a CM with the same color (aka same size), and having it in you hand, call /setCMCoord with the id.

WNl2GS2.png

Ignore the black one

For example: if you lose the nether CM, spawn one with same color, and type /setCMCoord 4

I suggest writing down the ids of your own machines. The id is shown when you have that gameboy in you hand pointing to the machine.

nilness

Jul 29, 2019
Working on the Soularium Jetpack control unit and I'm at a loss for getting bats. I don't recall seeing a bat spawn at any point during my playthrough. I don't see any alternative means to spawn them.
Any suggestions? Did I miss them? Do I need to buckle down and advance my Thaumcraft progress to find something unexpected (only area I'm really neglecting)?
Thanks for any help!

Arphahat

Jul 29, 2019
They spawn underground. I was able to find them by hanging out in one of the pits.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk