[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

tannyr

Jul 29, 2019
What is the requirement for the millenaire quest? I went through and unlocked everything I could, held all the suggested items, boosted all my reps....and I cannot proceed any further. What chapters are currently possible, and which ones aren't?

Reps:
Arcanist: 161, Mechanist: 73, Geneticist: 49

Chapters/Completion: (Not listed = 100%)
2/97
3/95
4/88
5/57
6/92
8/62
11/60
14-15/locked

Any advice on any of these chapters progressions is greatly appreciated!

I love this pack. The quest progression is awesome and very well done. I feel removing hidden quests and some of the unlocking complexity would remove a lot of confusion, especially in the development phase. (For example, removing item requirements and just use previous quest completions.)

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Normally i just use crack sand since i run into water when i'm landscaping which normally ends with a ton of crack sand in my inventory anyway. Just wanted to know if there was a easier/faster way but oh well. Any suggestion tutorials on forestry farm? i think i know how it runs and that but wanna compare notes before i do something i didn't need to.
The botania amulate that freezes water as you walk on it and wand of equal trade. will only get the first layer but if you care you can dig that up with a terashaterr and repeat on the next.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
nether wart can plant by natura nether wart bag, will you fix it?
https://github.com/thephoenixlodge/Regrowth-Stuff/issues/59
What is the requirement for the millenaire quest? I went through and unlocked everything I could, held all the suggested items, boosted all my reps....and I cannot proceed any further. What chapters are currently possible, and which ones aren't?

Reps:
Arcanist: 161, Mechanist: 73, Geneticist: 49

Chapters/Completion: (Not listed = 100%)
2/97
3/95
4/88
5/57
6/92
8/62
11/60
14-15/locked

Any advice on any of these chapters progressions is greatly appreciated!

I love this pack. The quest progression is awesome and very well done. I feel removing hidden quests and some of the unlocking complexity would remove a lot of confusion, especially in the development phase. (For example, removing item requirements and just use previous quest completions.)
You do not want me to use normal quest requirements for detecting progress. If I did the quest book would be unplayably laggy by the time you were at the infusion stone stage of witchery. Just ask anyone who was around way back during ~0.5.x. Doing it the current way also accommodates people sometimes first obtaining resources through the Nether Ores route rather than specifically seeds.
As for unlocking Millenaire; you need to have gotten through the outer lands part of the TC questline and reached tier 2 blood altar (though you need this to get to that point of TC quests anyway).

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
The ring of loki is not placing blocks. I don't know if something is interfering with it or if this is a botania bug. I updated to the latest botania to make sure it hadn't been fixed yet.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
The ring of loki is not placing blocks. I don't know if something is interfering with it or if this is a botania bug. I updated to the latest botania to make sure it hadn't been fixed yet.
I thought I had that problem as well. I'm not sure where I figured it out, but what you need to do is crouch/hold shift while placing blocks to activate the Loki effect. I believe this was changed to prevent issues arising when opening inventories.

BlueDragon_Ned

Jul 29, 2019
questbook does not accept thaumatuge's leggings in the Macickal Comforsts quest.
For unlocking more thaumcraft quest afting the update i found you need to make the thaumometer to head on

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I had that problem as well. I'm not sure where I figured it out, but what you need to do is crouch/hold shift while placing blocks to activate the Loki effect. I believe this was changed to prevent issues arising when opening inventories.
You're absolutely correct. I wish the Lexica had any information about that.

pickster

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! I am really enjoying playing this pack. If someone could help me with a teensy issue, I'd really appreciate it. I want Natura trees! I crafted the darkwood sapling. When I try to transform that sapling into the other saplings using the alchemy catalyst they disappear. Poof! There is some realm in the world with about 10 transformed darkwood saplings floating about. What am I doing wrong?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! I am really enjoying playing this pack. If someone could help me with a teensy issue, I'd really appreciate it. I want Natura trees! I crafted the darkwood sapling. When I try to transform that sapling into the other saplings using the alchemy catalyst they disappear. Poof! There is some realm in the world with about 10 transformed darkwood saplings floating about. What am I doing wrong?
You have an endoflame nearby - it's eating it as fuel.

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019

It's about 99% certain that you're dropping them somewhere in range of either an endoflame or a hopperhock. The endoflame will burn them for mana and the hopperhock will put them into the inventory it is next to. If you have gold, make yourself the Botania monocle and make sure your alchemy catalyst isn't inside the range of either of those flowers. (It's about 5 or 6 for endoflames.)

... I suppose there's a small chance that they're being picked up by a rannuncarpus and planted but I suspect if that were the case you'd know where they are already.

pickster

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to you both! I never would have thought of that although it should have been obvious. I appreciate the help.

Great job on the pack, Phoenix.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Another question about the Nether trees - do they require special planting conditions (soil, lighting)? I tried planting them on Tainted Soil (from the Nether) that I'd brought back to the Overworld, but they disappeared instead of growing.

Kenidy

Jul 29, 2019
Natura berry bushes will also be nice

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to figure out, if/how to set up a forestry multifarm to use for all the agricraft crops.
Sadly I seem to fail in my tries to find the right setup yet, like which electron tube to use for that to work. So maybe someone with more knowledge about this can help me about a few questions:

- Do I need to use different tubes seen on the "plants" inside the cropsticks or is agricraft 1 special tube for all plants?
- If the second: Which ones would I need to use for the magical crops to gather? (mainly want the farm for gathering the metal essences, lapis etc.)

In 0.7.4 I worked with golems. But since they're bugged for the time being, I wanted to try the multifarm. Sadly it's hard to find any real informations besides the "standard"-multifarm (so no special seeds etc.) to set it up. :/

balbo1221

Jul 29, 2019
2015-10-03_23.20.14.png
I updated the modpack and re-unlocked most of my quests but most of my left page in chapter 5 is missing quests, how do you unlock these quests?

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Their is an issue with millionaire and cauldron with the villages not working. Wanted to know if you were running cauldron and if you were how to get around it.
Well, I've been unable to make it work in SSP, or SMP, though the SMP problem seems to be different than the SSP problem.

Seems like my SSP issue is a problem of space. I'm sure the SMP problem is probably related to one or more of my serverside mods.

Last edited:

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to figure out, if/how to set up a forestry multifarm to use for all the agricraft crops.
Sadly I seem to fail in my tries to find the right setup yet, like which electron tube to use for that to work. So maybe someone with more knowledge about this can help me about a few questions:

- Do I need to use different tubes seen on the "plants" inside the cropsticks or is agricraft 1 special tube for all plants?
- If the second: Which ones would I need to use for the magical crops to gather? (mainly want the farm for gathering the metal essences, lapis etc.)

In 0.7.4 I worked with golems. But since they're bugged for the time being, I wanted to try the multifarm. Sadly it's hard to find any real informations besides the "standard"-multifarm (so no special seeds etc.) to set it up. :/
For a minimal setup, you'll need 36 farm blocks. From these, make a gear box (power), hatch (item input/output), and valve (water). Arrange these in a 3x4x3, keeping those three block exposed. Next you'll need a soldering iron, circuit board and a copper electron tube. Right click the soldering iron into the air, place the circuit board in the slot. Select "Manual Farm" and use the copper tube(s) in the effect slot. This will give you an 'orchard' circuit board. Place this into your farm, and you'll see the icons there change to cherries. Apply power, feed it water, and put some Forestry fertilizer in the Farm. You'll need one of the approved materials (stone bricks, others) to use as the base for your soil. On top of that, place whatever soil is required, crops, and your seeds as you normally would. Voila! Once the crop grows, the farm will harvest.
(Note - I believe you must have at least one stone brick against the Farm on all 4 sides before it will work, even if you don't have any soil there.)
2015-10-03_11.15.19.png

2015-10-03_11.16.28.png

Reactions: An0nymuS