[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm starting to look into fluid reactors. I built one (well at least the reactor housing with the reactor and chambers inside. I have no clue how to get water into the thing, and when I pull it out I don't know what I'm supposed to pull it out into.
You pump cold COOLANT into a hatch of your 5x5 reactor. You pump hot coolant out into a fluid heat exchanger (either the GT or IC2) one. They output cold coolant which you put back into the reactor.

I mean if the whole point of a liquid reactor is to create steam that I can then use in a turbine, I'm already doing that. And I can do it even better. Pretty soon here I'll be able to build a large tungstensteel boiler. My alumentum production is one alumentum every 2 seconds and I currently have a level 6 JABBA barrel full of it.
In theory you could probably cheese right through the entire nuclear age with a bunch of farms and boilers, yeah.

If and when pollution completes to my liking, that won't be so simple. Treefarm/charcoal power will be "dirty" and you'll get to a point where it makes sense to consider upgrading techs.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Pyure is our resident fluid reactor expert. If you have an unlimited amount of fuel, then nothing beats the output of a MOX reactor. However if you live in the real world, I'm sure Pyure would tell you that a fluid reactor is a much better choice.

There's also pneumatic conversion of big reactors RF to EU, but I can't speak to the output levels. I believe Pyure and Aiwen have knowledge of that.
Blackpalt has demonstrated that you can combine MOX + 5x5 Reactors for some uber efficiency. Best of both worlds :)

I don't really super recommend Big Reactors conversion unless you want to build gigantic cooling arrays for the conversion apparatus. But in theory a single Big Reactors turbine can generate around 15k RF/t, which is around 3750 eu/t.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
You pump cold COOLANT into a hatch of your 5x5 reactor. You pump hot coolant out into a fluid heat exchanger (either the GT or IC2) one. They output cold coolant which you put back into the reactor.

In theory you could probably cheese right through the entire nuclear age with a bunch of farms and boilers, yeah.

If and when pollution completes to my liking, that won't be so simple. Treefarm/charcoal power will be "dirty" and you'll get to a point where it makes sense to consider upgrading techs.

Ah ok. So another machine between the fluid reactor and a steam turbine. If you use the GT fluid heat exchanger you need to feed it distilled water, so you have to calculate running some distillers as well so that it can output steam. And then you still need a steam turbine with the appropriate turbine rotor for your steam flow. Gets complex. Well, not really complex, but resource intense up front.

Also, you're barking up the wrong tree with your pollution talk. At Dlur's base we run nothing but clean, environmentally friendly, magical Alumentum. None of that nasty polluting coal stuff!

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Which LV drill do I make, IC2 or GT? Looks like I can make either of them but don't know the pros/cons involved.

I didn't make the GT drill to try it, but I cannot recommend the IC2 drill highly enough. The basic version is a level 2 pickaxe so it won't break all the ores. You'll want to upgrade to the Diamond Drill version asap, that's a Level 3 and I've yet to find anything it won't break. It also doubles as a super-fast shovel, which gave me one more hotbar slot. Very handy, very fast, and if you can make the NanoSuit despite the recipe errors with it, the drill will literally run all day and night without a recharge since the 3M EU chestplate recharges the little 30K drill nonstop.

I use the IC2 Diamond Drill for all my everyday stuff and when I actually go to mine an ore, I clear out the perimeter with the Drill but then switch over to the IC2 Mining Laser and clear it out pretty quickly. Having gotten to the Drill/NanoSuit stage 2 days ago, my production has soared to the point where I've mined and processed enough tiny titanium dusts from Bauxite to make the GT Large Boiler. No more 16 little HP Lava Boilers, but now I gotta go make me a CreoTek CreoStak 36 because I guess my days of "lovin the lava" are over. sigh LOL But those IC2 drills were game-changing for me.

Q: Does a GT boiler accept blaze rods? If so, I'll go build me an Etholabs Blaze Grinder...

Q: For the GT Large Boiler, does it matter which hatch version we use? I guess the one that really mattes is is the Output Hatch for the steam - should that be the HV version or is the lowest tier version good enough? All the other blocks - Maintenance, Muffler, those can all be LV versions, correct?

Last edited:
Reactions: sprAngles

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
You know what is really funny... When one mod dev says something is not fault on his side, and another mod dev fixes exactly the same issue within few hours of posted bug report.

Yes i am talking about Logistics Pipes crafting tables, where when you shift click the recipe from NEI into it and that recipe has some of the components (like Electric Motors) and you need to replace those motors by those you actually already crafted, and XACT, where it was the same issue, you shift clicked the recipe into XACT Crafter and you also needed to replace those motors. Now in XACT it is fixed, and working properly.

So where is the problem...

Reactions: Pyure

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of redstone signals, what was that red power (I guess now it'd be blue power) circuit you used to determine when your RC tank was low on steam and full of steam and power a large GT boiler based on it? :)

Comparator is supposed to be able to do it. Its in Blue Power and Project Red (and vanilla I believe). You can also do it with a buildcraft Gate if you prefer, but you're restricted to 25% increments instead of 1/15ths which is handier.

I haven't done it with a comparator personally.

How is the comparator supposed to "read" the RC tank? The tank doesn't emit a redstone signal, does it? And how is the GT Boiler controlled by redstone? Do you just power the block below the Controller Block?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it here, Nuclear Control 2 mod:
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=5915
"Liquid Sensor Kit
Kit to mount sensor on liquid containers. You can monitor liquid type and amount of it in BC tanks, Railcraft tanks, Coke ovens rtc."

EDIT #2: Liquid Sensor Location Card recipe doesn't appear in NEI, will I need that item?

Last edited:

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
There are tree types of Devs:
Those that missunderstand the issue and think that can't be their fault.
Those that understand the issue right, see that the other mod does it wrong, but still somehow badly fix it in their side.
Those that correctly see that the issue can be easily fixed on the other side and stop thinking about it.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT #2: Liquid Sensor Location Card recipe doesn't appear in NEI, will I need that item?
You need the "Sensor Kit". With that you click on the tank you want to monitor and the "Kit" turns into a "Card". That card is then used in a Monitor.

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
What is the most efficient way to use lava for energy?

And by the way, how abou we open some dropbox page with questions-answers and place it on the front page?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
What is the most efficient way to use lava for energy?

And by the way, how abou we open some dropbox page with questions-answers and place it on the front page?
I dont know about anyone who would be willing to maintain it for longer than few days :D

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
heelp! How download assembly mods. PLease
In most cases I have at least some clue what someone is asking. But in your case, I have totally no clue on what you need help with. Can you please try to reformulate your question?What you mean by assembly mods

Jul 29, 2019
In most cases I have at least some clue what someone is asking. But in your case, I have totally no clue on what you need help with. Can you please try to reformulate your question?What you mean by assembly mods
How to download mods assembly. FTB client installed. License I also have.
I'm sorry for my English. I use a translator.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
How to download mods assembly. FTB client installed. License I also have.
I'm sorry for my English. I use a translator.
If you are asking how to download InfiTech 2 on the FTB Client, there are 3 simple steps:
1) In Client click on 3rd Party Packs on top
2) Click on Pack Codes button on the right
3) in the box put 17infitech and click add

if that is not what you ask, feel free to ask in your native language. There will be someone to help you for sure.

Jul 29, 2019
If you are asking how to download InfiTech 2 on the FTB Client, there are 3 simple steps:
1) In Client click on 3rd Party Packs on top
2) Click on Pack Codes button on the right
3) in the box put 17infitech and click add

if that is not what you ask, feel free to ask in your native language. There will be someone to help you for sure.
thanks a lot. Спасибо огромное.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
HOLY SHIT

There is a very serious duplication bug in the XACT crafter ...
You can craft anything without consuming the ingredients

(it was reported almost 2 years ago)

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
HOLY SHIT

There is a very serious duplication bug in the XACT crafter ...
You can craft anything without consuming the ingredients

(it was reported almost 2 years ago)
That happens IF you are in creative. If you are in survival, then report it on github (with exact recipe you are trying to craft)

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know about anyone who would be willing to maintain it for longer than few days :D
What do yo mean? just make a dropbox open document or a google document open to editing for evr with a link..I think its a nice thing for questions-answers. I can do it easily, if you will post it on the first page