Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Other modpack users, iso the best way to get nitrogen. It seem like the easiest way is from feathers or arrows, but how do you farm those

string is by far the easiest i would say.

Hey if you can make a server, do you wanna joion up and play some. Im using ftb.

Only server i know so far of is the mym.li one. There are some small private ones where the owner copied the moon base by hand.

Problem is its 1 obsidian to 4 sand. Slow process

Thats why you automate it. Some crucibles with awesomite blocks, exnihilo barrel, decomp ... and obsolote at t2 anyway ;)

1st Great modpack
2nd When I nei Caithleenium it's a crafting item with fire (item 51)? How does that work, not a whiz with minechem at all
Thanks for all the hardwork for this pack
Rick

Thx, and take a look at this post, you might get an idea how to do it *fusion hint hint*

Guys, what basic elements do you use to reach Einsteinium(99) or the stable Mymlenium(198) with fusion? So far the cheapest and most abundant i've followed is carbon(6) in fission chamber to get lithium(3), combine lithium(3) with silicon(14) to get a chlorine(17) in fusion and then combine chlorine(17) with Lead (82) to get Einsteinium(99)

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
No need for that anymore, i have about 20k stacks of each element i need. However i reached an additional question - how do i synthesize from those recipes like Mymlenium for frozen iron ingot when it requires 500k RF? The inner buffer of the Synthesizer has a 100k capacity and it won't start converting ..

Thats what happens when you listen to people that report "The synths buffer is too large!". Fixed in 1.4.9. Until then, locate minechem.cfg in config folder and set

# Max power that the synthesizer can hold

I:maxSynthesizerStorage=500000

https://github.com/MyM-ModpackTeam/GalacticScience/commit/62ef9b704fb5d0828dd3b68c13765c5250122afb

I run into a couple of things:
If you shear infested leaves you get string and the leaves remain infested. You can infect another tree with them, although if you just put them down they don't seem to give as much string the 2nd, 3rd, times.

Oil - I can make oil in a crucible, but is there a way to pump it into the refiner? Fluid conduits don't work. The conduits pull it, but can't input it, so I tried putting it in a tank(open blocks) and trying to remove it with empty canister but that doesn't work either. I ended up pumping in back into another crucible and using canisters to remove it.. Am I missing something easier?

Under the Why Do All The Work tab, the More Speed quest was given to me even though I never made a Speed Upgrade..bug maybe?

Shear on infested leaves : vanilla exnihilo behaviour.

Oil - Probably with GC pipes. But its not like you need sooo much gc fuel :)

Ill check the later one.

Last edited:

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Yesterday I run into a strange problem.

I have a hosted private server and when a user set fire to a some netherack the server load and memory quickly jump to 100 %.

It's strange as this server run fine since three weeks.

The server use the latest version (1.4.8) but the world is created in 1.3.2.

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
Any suggestions on how to multiply the Solar panel I i got on a quest? :D I feel if i can make more the rest of the power gen will be obsolete and won't clutter my base

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Any suggestions on how to multiply the Solar panel I i got on a quest? :D I feel if i can make more the rest of the power gen will be obsolete and won't clutter my base

Theres a reason its sparse ... if you could make them yourself the whole power progression would be worthless.

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Yesterday I run into a strange problem.

I have a hosted private server and when a user set fire to a some netherack the server load and memory quickly jump to 100 %.

It's strange as this server run fine since three weeks.

The server use the latest version (1.4.8) but the world is created in 1.3.2.

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk

This is an issue with galacticraft and sealed rooms, I discovered it while trying to create a star(I opened a support ticket on their github for this issue a few days ago). To get around this issue create stars in oxygen bubbles instead of sealed rooms.

P.S. I checked out the code for star formation, you need 500 fire to ensure you get the best star possible(160 RF/t 2.14 billion RF stored).

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
This is an issue with galacticraft and sealed rooms, I discovered it while trying to create a star(I opened a support ticket on their github for this issue a few days ago). To get around this issue create stars in oxygen bubbles instead of sealed rooms.
Something have changed since I've created stars in sealed room.

Me and few friends have done this in 1.3.2 version.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
So, I just found out about Lava + Redstone = Netherrack. Is there an easy way to automate netherrack? I'm am trying to get Beryllium and Tungsten for Tungsten plating.

NeuroticHamster

Jul 29, 2019
So, I just found out about Lava + Redstone = Netherrack. Is there an easy way to automate netherrack? I'm am trying to get Beryllium and Tungsten for Tungsten plating.

Yep, you have lava gen/barrel/whatnot. Fluid transfer node to transfer pipes to the side of a stone barrel. Might need world transfer upgrade to get it to pump (or put on bottom of source). That feeds lava to the barrel. Item transfer node from chest/barrel with red stone to the top of your stone barrel. Finally, item transfer node from the bottom of the stone barrel to a chest. Lava fills stone barrel, red stone is tossed in when it's full of lava, nether rack is sucked out the bottom. Something similar for an obsidian generator in terms of lava (and a water source on top) and items sucked out the bottom.

Can also replace transfer nodes with hoppers if you want to go that route. But more work.

I assume you've got red stone coming from your other systems.

Reactions: EchoingZen

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Something have changed since I've created stars in sealed room.

Me and few friends have done this in 1.3.2 version.

Oh, I forgot to mention, the version of supermassive tech the modpack is using has a bug if you try and use >500 fire to create a star, it will crash the server. so use 499 or less.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I can't figure out how to make the chems journal. I mean, how do I get leather? Tried to make Keratine, but without the book it's impossible. I don't have any animal to kill for leather, and I don't know how to get it.
Also, bug with /help 4
You can also get leather through Blood Magic pretty easily...provided you're at the stage to construct the blood altar.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
You don't get blood magic until T6 I believe... way late in the game to be concerned about sourcing leather.
Oh yeah...forgot about the Dalek ingot. When I looked the altar up a few days ago, I remembered the Desh ingots [or maybe that's where I stopped looking as I'm still stranded on the moon]?

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know if the modpack/galacticraft has any special mob spawning rules? I built a standard grinder but it just doesn't seem to be producing mobs in the numbers it should no matter where I locate myself.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Also something else I haven't seen yet...
Finally setup my T1 power plant using Stirlings running off Hydrogen from decomposed water last night. 8 Stirlings fed from a single decomposer. Initially was using Relocators for transport to the Stirlings/Trashcan, but I noticed they were only able to keep 2 Stirlings constantly supplied, with a third occasionally getting 1 or 2 Hydrogen. Also noticed the decomposer was producing much less than in a previous build. Playing the the extractor settings had no effect. Trashcan filter set for Oxygen and Relocator filter-to-Trashcan set to whitelist Oxygen / blacklist Hydrogen also ineffective [tried both / produced no observable change]. Swapped out the Trashcan for a barrel to collect the Oxygen...and still no change. Swapped out the Relocators for a Transfer node system and viola!...all Stirlings supplied and much excess Hydrogen in the decomposer.

Note this transport system requires 2 nodes extracting from the decomposer. One to distribute Hydrogen and another to dispose of the Oxygen. The Oxygen-only node works best with a stack upgrade. The hydrogen node may require a stack upgrade [or speed upgrades] depending on the number of Stirlings being fed.

Status
Not open for further replies.