Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
I have been just using chlorine and lead as you have in the last step, I have them in abundance with no need(yet) to synthesize it from lower chemicals. I would look for a way to get salt(NaCl) to get chlorine(netherwart comes to mind).

**edit** oh, I just looked and you get chlorine from cobble in the decomposer, so there should be no real reason to synthesize anything leading up to chlorine, cobble should directly provide everything needed for einsteinium.

A side note/question. What is the easiest to obtain blast resistant block that can withstand a meteorite impact? I want to build a mob grinder but not have it blasted full of holes all the time.

Last edited:

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
I find cobble gives those things too slowly for my taste, so i just used all my stacks of flint and some cellulose to get everything i need except Lead...next stop Caithleenium and Stargates. As for blast resistant blocks...maybe the blast resistant glass (just nether quartz, easy with a soul sand farm and autosieves) or just plain Obsidian, however i've never really had a need for a mob farm, so i can't confirm their effectiveness.

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Set up a transfer node with no speed upgrades (speed upgrades actually slow down the cobble gen with world upgrade) and up to 64 world interaction upgrades, that will give you up to a stack of cobble/operation, and if you place 4 chests around it you can do 4 stacks of world interaction upgrades, it will produce cobble and immense speeds and pass that through favored compacting/crafting system(I use relocators and crafting modules) to make up to quadruple compressed cobble and send that through the decomposer, you will reap immense amounts of resources as fast as the decomposer can spit it out.

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
No need for that anymore, i have about 20k stacks of each element i need. However i reached an additional question - how do i synthesize from those recipes like Mymlenium for frozen iron ingot when it requires 500k RF? The inner buffer of the Synthesizer has a 100k capacity and it won't start converting ..

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Try a shift click and see if it crafts, I had it acting shifty with large value items and it was always creating ghost items that would not appear until I closed and opened my inventory again. It was odd, even the nether star I would put it in and the energy would drop to half and it would say I didn't have enough juice but I was still able to craft it(With the aforementioned ghosting). I know for a fact that I was on the latest version of the modpack and was able to craft all the way up to caithlenium with no issue.

Combined with your O2 Bubble issue I would say backup your configs and saves and wipe the modpack to start with a fresh download.

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
I tried, but the problem is the converting won't start drawing power unless it has all it needs, since it's an instant recipe, not like smelting for example.
Here's the issue:
pu3WyvD.png

P.S. Nether star was fine, cause it has the power needed per item in the buffer, however here the needed is above the max. I'm not sure how to use the bigger minechem stuff like frozen iron for example...or what to do with Caithleenium - seems the recipe is unusable from my experience.
P.P.S Some short searches uncovered other people having the same issue, this isn't a bug.

aspacebanana

Jul 29, 2019
I plan on making a dome base on the moon. Glass seems to be quite an elusive resource. Is there an easy way to get it? If not what is the best way?

RebelZed

Jul 29, 2019
Other modpack users, iso the best way to get nitrogen. It seem like the easiest way is from feathers or arrows, but how do you farm those

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Any way to get a normal skeleton to convert to a Wither Skeleton using Witch Water?
I don't think evolved skeletons convert with witch water, they are a different mob, and they are the only skeletons that will spawn in the modpack. I think the only way of getting nether stars is synthesizing them.

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Other modpack users, iso the best way to get nitrogen. It seem like the easiest way is from feathers or arrows, but how do you farm those
Early on I believe cocoa beans are the best source, later when you can build a mob grinder rotten flesh, gunpowder and string will be a decent source too.

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Found a possible fix. Silicon from galactocraft does not decompose. Can this he a thing?
If you need silicon set up an obsidian generator and decompose it, 16 silicon dioxide per, it would be much much more efficient than anything provided by GC silicon.

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
It is illogical to use that as a source of silicon as it's prevalence rate in it's source is less than 1/16 and it's source is silicon based so if permitted as a source of even a single elemental silicon it might be exploitable to produce significant gains, perhaps greater than even obsidian.

Shadow-

Jul 29, 2019
I run into a couple of things:
If you shear infested leaves you get string and the leaves remain infested. You can infect another tree with them, although if you just put them down they don't seem to give as much string the 2nd, 3rd, times.

Oil - I can make oil in a crucible, but is there a way to pump it into the refiner? Fluid conduits don't work. The conduits pull it, but can't input it, so I tried putting it in a tank(open blocks) and trying to remove it with empty canister but that doesn't work either. I ended up pumping in back into another crucible and using canisters to remove it.. Am I missing something easier?

Under the Why Do All The Work tab, the More Speed quest was given to me even though I never made a Speed Upgrade..bug maybe?

RickJ

Jul 29, 2019
well the venus stuff, you still need the coalbloacks ... just nei Caithleenium :p
1st Great modpack
2nd When I nei Caithleenium it's a crafting item with fire (item 51)? How does that work, not a whiz with minechem at all
Thanks for all the hardwork for this pack
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.